Grimm Forum
S5E20 - Bad Night - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E20 - Bad Night (/Thread-S5E20-Bad-Night)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - speakeasy - 05-17-2016

Opinions differ. Lots and lots of criticism coming down about much of the content, writing, character development, ethical concerns, and the beat goes on. Too much for me; I cede to the loyal opposition. Big Grin

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Robyn - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 07:21 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'm probably one of the few that doesn't find David Giuntoli charismatic. Not trying to be mean here, but I have a really hard time believing Juliette or Adalind could ever fall in love with him. He looks like a very nice guy in real life, but on the screen there's just not a lot there, even after five years.
Right there with you, irukandji. The way I’ve worked this out for myself is that Adalind is not in love with Nick, she is in love with the idea of what she believes she has with Nick - a safe, calm, home/life that enables her to keep her child. It could have happened with anyone, Meisner in S3, Nick in S5, whoever.

And just going to throw this out there. For now Adalind might be content with mediocre sex because she views it as lovemaking, an intimate connection, something she hasn't experienced before, but at some point Adalind is going to miss the hot, sweaty explosion she’s not getting.

(05-17-2016, 07:21 AM)irukandji Wrote: If he had a mama's boy vibe, that at least would have been something. I didn't even get impression from him.
It struck me almost immediately, then his & Juliette’s relationship combined with his Mother showed up after 20 years Nick quickly/easily acquiesced, clinched it.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - degrimm - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 07:21 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-17-2016, 12:59 AM)izzy Wrote: So...Oh go ahead and click, you know you want to!!!

Quote:Robyn wrote:
Nick gave me a mama’s boy vibe from the beginning, so him relenting to his mother’s commands didn’t surprise me even though he was reluctant to approach Renard. With Adalind, I think Nick’s quick decision to go along with Kelly was colored by his history with Adalind. In his mind Adalind couldn’t possibly be a good mother, and I imagine Nick enjoyed the payback to some degree.

If he had a mama's boy vibe, that at least would have been something. I didn't even get impression from him.

sorry @irukandji but i agree with @Robyn , that's the impression i got from nick too , same goes for adalind too; opposite attract and that was why i thought the nick and juliette made more sense but the show feel "like poles" attract so we have to go with the flow.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - irukandji - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 08:21 AM)degrimm Wrote: sorry @irukandji but i agree with @Robyn , that's the impression i got from nick too , same goes for adalind too; opposite attract and that was why i thought the nick and juliette made more sense but the show feel "like poles" attract so we have to go with the flow.

No need to be sorry, degrimm. To be a mama's boy, a man has to be committed to his mother. I don't see Nick as a committed individual.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - degrimm - 05-17-2016

One thing we do know for sure adalind and nick end up together cos the writers feel the world is trying to keep 2 people that got together for <6 months apart; so who are the players keeping them apart;

1. Diana- somehow and somewher she would meet nick and she would accept him more than her father- which stands to say renard might be the one dying

2. sean renard-theory is that he will die but if he doesn't how does nick and adalind end up together; diana loses her power and nick and adalind grow with her together; sean renard could relinquish his role as her father cos adalind is a lawyer

3. juliette/eve- instead of letting her character to die in peace after distorting it and staining it, they want to distort it more by making her a emotionless to emotional girl who can't let d man go. we were told she would be nick's biggest foe in season 5B(that is second part of season 5) yet nothing but it looks increasingly likely she and nick would be fighting together for HW. unless she breaks out and turn on nick again which is increasingly likely.

4. Black Claw- no sorry cos they would be destroyed @ the end of the day.
repercussions-- whether BC gets destroyed or not the world will definitely realized wesens exist in this world; whether sean renard is mayor @ the end or not wesens hiding will be a thing of the past.

(05-17-2016, 08:38 AM)degrimm Wrote: One thing we do know for sure adalind and nick end up together cos the writers feel the world is trying to keep 2 people that got together for <6 months apart; so who are the players keeping them apart;

I get the feeling they won't end up together. I don't think Nick could forgive Adalind for taking Kelly and screwing around with Sean.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Robyn - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 08:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: No need to be sorry, degrimm. To be a mama's boy, a man has to be committed to his mother. I don't see Nick as a committed individual.
Ah, your response made me rethink the use of ‘mama’s boy’. Maybe using wrong moniker or just wasn’t considering commitment as being a component. Agree, Nick has a short attention span when it comes to commitment. I was thinking more along the lines of pleasing mom begets praise and attention.

I dated a guy who I considered a mama’s boy. It had an up side and a down side. Because he was eager to please he gave special concentration to specific areas in our relationship (you know what I mean Blush ). But, his effort required that he receive high praise. I thought him a mama’s boy because I saw a similar exchange in their relationship. He’d do whatever to make her happy and in return received lots of what a good boy praise.

(05-17-2016, 08:56 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(05-17-2016, 08:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: No need to be sorry, degrimm. To be a mama's boy, a man has to be committed to his mother. I don't see Nick as a committed individual.
Ah, your response made me rethink the use of ‘mama’s boy’. Maybe using wrong moniker or just wasn’t considering commitment as being a component. Agree, Nick has a short attention span when it comes to commitment. I was thinking more along the lines of pleasing mom begets praise and attention.

I dated a guy who I considered a mama’s boy. It had an up side and a down side. Because he was eager to please he gave special concentration to specific areas in our relationship (you know what I mean Blush ). But, his effort required that he receive high praise. I thought him a mama’s boy because I saw a similar exchange in their relationship. He’d do whatever to make her happy and in return received lots of what a good boy praise.

And you know, Robyn, I was rethinking my response based on what you said! Nick's mother left him thinking she was dead. She never came back until he was well into adulthood. After reading your post, I was thinking that in some strange way, he may have been looking to please her by going along with her. In reality, he should have been madder than hell at her and not trusted her for lying to him.

We actually had an unusual family situation in my husband's family. A brother, who he never knew existed, all of the sudden showed up one day. My husband was just about Nick's age at the time, 31. That was over 20 years ago. My husband still is upset to this day that his mother never told him about his brother.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-17-2016

You don't think the fact that Kelly had 10x his experience at grimming and far more knowledge of the royals/resistance conflict than he did might have had a lot to do with it?

(05-17-2016, 10:49 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: You don't think the fact that Kelly had 10x his experience at grimming and far more knowledge of the royals/resistance conflict than he did might have had a lot to do with it?

I would say not because no one thought to question her about her abilities and Kelly herself never said how she'd be able to protect Diana.