Grimm Forum
S5E20 - Bad Night - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E20 - Bad Night (/Thread-S5E20-Bad-Night)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

S5E20 - Bad Night - GrimmForum - 05-13-2016

Season 5 Episode 20
Bad Night

[Image: EcuLWGEl.jpg]

Air Date: May 13, 2016

Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) leans on Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) as he worries that he may lose everything as he continues to battle Black Claw. Renard (Sasha Roiz) ramps up his campaign as election time nears. Elsewhere, Adalind (Claire Coffee) is faced with a very difficult decision in order to protect her children. Meanwhile, Hank's (Russell Hornsby) relationship with Zuri (guest star Sharon Leal) takes an unexpected turn and Wu (Reggie Lee) tries to gain control of his new reality. Bitsie Tulloch also stars.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Nicholas White - 05-13-2016

Good episode. Adalind remains loyal to the end. I hope HW loses because they are annoying but I hope Nick gets his family back. Could have did with less Wu this episode. Next episode looks good.

IDKW but for some reason I like Black claw so much more then I like HW. Logically speaking Black Claw should dominate this fight handly. The only threat in HW is Eve but Diana should be able to destroy her pretty easily.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - jsgrimm45 - 05-13-2016

Well like we thought more setup than anything but still shows us some points. One Sean looks to be into BC hook, line, and sinker so unless the writers put out a big twist than I can see him getting back to a good guy. Was surprised how little he thought of humans. So far Adalind has protected Nick well and for now looks like Diana may not be a good kid after all so Kelly failed to keep her a kid and lost her live for nothing. If I was Rachel I'd be worried about Diana those looks can kill, but so far she doesn't look like she a threat to Kelly. Now with that said do we think she would protect Kelly?

Hank got played but we kind of figured that one out. Now Trubel knows about the relic and where it is hidden so for that part only the two Grimm's know. She asked the question we have been asking what else can it do? Nick answer it depends on the user looks to be the way the writers are going so it can be use for good or evil. So no wonder the Grimm's hide it, when this is over I think Nick will destroy it.

BC is well set up makes HW look like they are not as prepared as we may have thought. Did like the episode and think Wu change will be key in the last two episode now that he has some control.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Nightschade - 05-13-2016

I thought it was a pretty solid episode!

I liked that Zuri was figured out. I like that we got to finally figure out more about Renard's motives, although I doubt that's all there is to it. I liked that Nick's anger may actually have momentum this time. I liked the majority of the Adalind stuff-- I think her perspective was illustrated well even if all her 'choices' in the past couple of episodes haven't been the greatest.
I liked Nick finally telling Trubel about the stick, and I liked that the stuff with Tony was actually tied in, as I thought it would be another thread that they just never mentioned again.

I find Diana to be creepy as hell, and I think that Rachel should definitely watch her back. But I find that story line interesting too, even though I wish it was given a little more time to develop. Diana is such a complex character, and so much has happened to her in her short life, I wish they would give us more insight on what she's thinking and what she's been through. I find her very interesting, and she has the potential to be even more so.

Not feeling the Julieve stuff, just because I don't think I like where they're going with all the Juliette that's coming to the surface. I'm not a fan of the whole Eve concept but I wish they would have their super-powered hexenbiest do more than tap away at computers, dump on Adalind and occasionally follow and torture people. Monumental waste. I also don't really like HW, but not from an in universe perspective, from a writing perspective. I feel like they've TOLD us that HW is this super powerful underground government organization, but they haven't really shown us that at all. Because what have HW REALLY done this season except find out scraps of info? Not much, in my opinion. It just feels disappointing. There's so many places they could have gone with that angle.

But anyway...

I didn't like all of the episode, there were parts that made me roll my eyes as always, but I've kind of accepted that to be part of grimm that it'll always annoy me a little, and I'll love it in spite of that.

Cannot wait for the finale!

(05-13-2016, 07:09 PM)Nicholas White Wrote: Good episode. Adalind remains loyal to the end. I hope HW loses because they are annoying but I hope Nick gets his family back. Could have did with less Wu this episode. Next episode looks good.

IDKW but for some reason I like Black claw so much more then I like HW. Logically speaking Black Claw should dominate this fight handly. The only threat in HW is Eve but Diana should be able to destroy her pretty easily.

I think it's because Black Claw has more 'personality' than HW. HW have really done nothing to show us that we should root for them, except for that they're supposedly 'the good guys'.

I disagree with Black Claw's motives and I disagree with their methods, but they're definitely the more interesting organization.

That being said, I don't actually want them to all join up with Black Claw, but I think having Renard join and actually seem to be in to it was a good narrative choice because he's such an ambiguous character and it had us guesses about his motives for weeks.

(05-13-2016, 07:14 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Well like we thought more setup than anything but still shows us some points. One Sean looks to be into BC hook, line, and sinker so unless the writers put out a big twist than I can see him getting back to a good guy. Was surprised how little he thought of humans. So far Adalind has protected Nick well and for now looks like Diana may not be a good kid after all so Kelly failed to keep her a kid and lost her live for nothing. If I was Rachel I'd be worried about Diana those looks can kill, but so far she doesn't look like she a threat to Kelly. Now with that said do we think she would protect Kelly?

Hank got played but we kind of figured that one out. Now Trubel knows about the relic and where it is hidden so for that part only the two Grimm's know. She asked the question we have been asking what else can it do? Nick answer it depends on the user looks to be the way the writers are going so it can be use for good or evil. So no wonder the Grimm's hide it, when this is over I think Nick will destroy it.

BC is well set up makes HW look like they are not as prepared as we may have thought. Did like the episode and think Wu change will be key in the last two episode now that he has some control.

I asked Claire coffee in her facebook live today and she said that she thinks that Kelly and Diana would get along, so I'm not too worried about that right now.

She also confirmed that somebody would die and it would not be adalind. However, she didn't say whether it would be a main character or not, so if not, and the rumors are false, my money is on Rachel.

I will definitely be surprised if Diana comes out of no season with no blood on her hands. Kid has issues.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-13-2016

BC are "true believers" in a cause, so they boil over with passion and dedication. Meanwhile HW are a "black op" govt operation staffed mostly by professional agents who, after adjusting to the nature of wesen, look at BC the same way they'd look at ISIL, Al Qaeda, etc. As an adversary to be dealt with as coldly and efficiently as possible.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Kathryn Wooten - 05-13-2016

Diana holding Kelly up in the air...thanks to Adalind she didn't startle Diana she could have dropped him

Rachael is as good as Dead

that stick comes into play but what????can it turn back time, turn bad guys into pillars of salt, We know it can heal so if it can do that it can also kill

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - degrimm - 05-13-2016

things we know from today and next week's promo

-Rachel is Dead; a coffin should be arranged for her already

-those who said diana doesn't have the potential to be evil better think twice

-adalind reading is a given; she cares about nick but might not end up with him.

-juliette will soon burst out of eve and when that happens,eve will cease to exist but let him go to be with adalind /not.

-zuri probably has a tracker that leads BC to HW bunker

but still it doesn't create the eagerness for nxt week to come for me. totally lost its taste

-what is it with trubel? something is gonna happen with her that we might not all like

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - Nicholas White - 05-13-2016

I wonder why Black claw doesn't have more Hexenbiest in their group. I mean with Hexenbiest Black claw can't lose not only in a physical altercation but also in a political one. I don't know where Adalind ranks among the Hexenbiest in power but so far we have seen:

Adalind:

-Pushed her will on a varrot soldier making him shot himself.
-With a thought sent a vase flying towards Renard head. Knocking him out.
-Crack all the bones in Tony fingers with a simple look. Stopping the force of his hand in mid slap.
-Boiled a glass of water
-Sent a vase flying at the wall and closing the door and locking it with her telekinesis.

Elizabeth:
-Freeze time/slow down time.

I mean with a group of Hexenbiest they could simply walk in HW freeze time and snap all the soldiers necks. If Black claw was smart they would simply get a group of Hexenbiest to take out Nick and HW.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - MANTItotheCore - 05-13-2016

I think HW is suffering from Governmental budget cuts. Where'd the FBI reinforcements go?

Funny how Nick and Sean suddenly became Burkhardt and Renard. I guess when you steal a man's woman and child that's what happens. Wink

Adalind's trying to be faithful to Nick, which is the first time I've seen her do that instead of going with the flow, but I'm not sure if she can hold out with the Evil One magically forcing she and Sean together. Terrible spot for her to be in!

Sean...Sean...Sean. It's like you never even met Nick. Really? Join BC? He's definitely drank the BC Kool-Aid! Justifying what he's doing as Revolution! Angry

Diana...whoa! someone's got to start raising that kid or REALLY bad things are going to happen to everyone!

Glad that zuri was outed! That had stink written all over it from the beginning. The only one who couldn't see that coming was Hank.

NeanderWu seems to be getting his primitive under control and is kind of giddy about it!

Bad feeling about next week's episode....thinking I'm going to be angry over the summer waiting for it to come back.

RE: S5E20 - Bad Night - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-13-2016

I don't recall Nick ever addressing Renard by his first name. Among the scoobies, the only people who have ever done that have been Juliette and Rosalee.