Grimm Forum
HOT SCOOP: Juliette breaks through and feels the love for Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 5 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: HOT SCOOP: Juliette breaks through and feels the love for Nick (/Thread-HOT-SCOOP-Juliette-breaks-through-and-feels-the-love-for-Nick)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: HOT SCOOP: Juliette breaks through and feels the love for Nick - Kathryn Wooten - 05-13-2016

lol I found that to be so fascinated, it went from scoops to crimes and punishment about who did wrong to whom to Eve / Juliette and everyone should had gotten jail time and then the trailer lol

RE: HOT SCOOP: Juliette breaks through and feels the love for Nick - irukandji - 05-13-2016

(05-13-2016, 09:02 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: lol I found that to be so fascinated, it went from scoops to crimes and punishment about who did wrong to whom to Eve / Juliette and everyone should had gotten jail time and then the trailer lol

You just never know where these threads will head, lol. I was going to ask a question about the trailer but will move it to the trailer thread instead. I think there's one around somewhere.

RE: HOT SCOOP: Juliette breaks through and feels the love for Nick - New Guy - 05-13-2016

(05-13-2016, 09:02 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: lol I found that to be so fascinated, it went from scoops to crimes and punishment about who did wrong to whom to Eve / Juliette and everyone should had gotten jail time and then the trailer lol
Hi Kat,
Is it possible? Are we all "getting along" due to memories of Airstream?:Smile
New Guy

RE: HOT SCOOP: Juliette breaks through and feels the love for Nick - Hell Rell - 05-13-2016

(05-13-2016, 09:14 AM)New Guy Wrote:
Hi Kat,
New Guy

It's highly possible! That may be why people were so angry with Juliette for torching the trailer. We knew everything would go to hell once that happened. The fandom would get torn apart and have to be rebuilt once again. I'm sure that's why Nick got the new Grimm books. It was a public service to heal the fandom. However, I still want the trailer back. And I want Bud and his wife to make pies again. I suppose asking for Rosalee's past coming back to haunt her not be fodder for Adalind regaining her powers and the return of Elizabeth is too much?

RE: HOT SCOOP: Juliette breaks through and feels the love for Nick - irukandji - 05-13-2016

(05-13-2016, 10:00 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
Hi Kat,
New Guy

It's highly possible! That may be why people were so angry with Juliette for torching the trailer. We knew everything would go to hell once that happened. The fandom would get torn apart and have to be rebuilt once again. I'm sure that's why Nick got the new Grimm books. It was a public service to heal the fandom. However, I still want the trailer back. And I want Bud and his wife to make pies again. I suppose asking for Rosalee's past coming back to haunt her not be fodder for Adalind regaining her powers and the return of Elizabeth is too much?

I wasn't really angry with Juliette for torching the trailer. That is consistent with a woman scorned. Scorned women are always messing up their ex's cars because they believe they were betrayed.
The issue that really bugs me is that they even did this to Juliette in the first place. It was a story slopped together just to make a good character bad. I understand not everyone liked Juliette but I felt it was a complete trash of the character for no good reason. I don't mind her being a hexenbiest, just that they had her do things as a hexenbiest that were completely inconsistent with Juliette's character.

RE: HOT SCOOP: Juliette breaks through and feels the love for Nick - wfmyers1207 - 05-13-2016

(05-13-2016, 08:37 AM)New Guy Wrote: Greetings Grimmsters,
It is another TGIF with a Grimm episode! Big Grin
This thread has evolved into some discussion about the Airstream trailer Aunt Marie gave to Nick. Airstream, Inc is located in Jackson Center, Ohio. It is an interesting company that made the first Airstream in 1929.
https://www.airstream.com/history/
[Image: 3c89330ef32249b3c9e8a16b952a0147.jpg]
Anyone up for a road trip?
New Guy

It may sound kind of silly, but that Airstream is something I really miss on the show. It was like a classic car or motorcycle, a work of art.

The fact the show actually torched it broke my heart. And the fact it was Buckeye made ticked me off no end. Hey, show runners, show a little respect! Huh

But, kidding aside, the fact that Juliette did this in the show was really disturbing.

Several Forum members have stated many times that this is the kind of thing a woman scorned does. Trashes her cheating boyfriend's car, tosses his stuff into the street, etc.

But, it wasn't just the object itself. It was all the history that was in there, and the fact that it was all Nick had inherited from his dead aunt and foster mother.

Torching something like that was just downright evil! Might as well have torched his ancestral home and shot his dog while she was at it!

RE: HOT SCOOP: Juliette breaks through and feels the love for Nick - Hell Rell - 05-13-2016

(05-13-2016, 10:12 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 10:00 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
Hi Kat,
New Guy

I wasn't really angry with Juliette for torching the trailer. That is consistent with a woman scorned. Scorned women are always messing up their ex's cars because they believe they were betrayed.
The issue that really bugs me is that they even did this to Juliette in the first place. It was a story slopped together just to make a good character bad. I understand not everyone liked Juliette but I felt it was a complete trash of the character for no good reason. I don't mind her being a hexenbiest, just that they had her do things as a hexenbiest that were completely inconsistent with Juliette's character.

It's different than torching any property because the trailer has been referred to as a character in itself by people in this forum. It's undeniable that the contents of the trailer have helped them solve cases and save countless lives so it's safe to assume it would have aided future Grimms. It wasn't just Nick's property but his family legacy filled with value beyond monetary.

I'm with you on writers trashing characters and having them being wildly inconsistent just to force a plot forward. It's the reason I think Game of Thrones is now overrated. It pissed me off what they did last season to several characters just to prop up others and force a plot that had no good reason to exist.

I understand why Juliette did what she did but her descent happened way too quickly. Jules torching the trailer came not long after putting her own issues aside to go and risk her life to save Monroe. She then had a gun pointed at him in the spice shop. It seemed weird to me that she would use lethal force. You can say she didn't really want to kill him but Monroe wasn't shot only because Hank intervened. That was made worse by forcing Nick to fire a shot at his friend with his own hand. This is the same Monroe that rescued her when she didn't even know him and she returned the favor so what changed so quickly?

I've never been comfortable with plot being valued over character in any show that's supposed to be taken somewhat seriously. Juliette is the prime example of that in this show. Renard getting a pass for his misdeeds shouldn't be overlooked either. They seemed to change course with Renard between the first and second seasons and he's not as interesting as he used to be as a result.

RE: HOT SCOOP: Juliette breaks through and feels the love for Nick - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-13-2016

The cast and crew cheered when they burned the trailer. Apparently, none of them missed it because the interior set was a pain to film inside.

(05-13-2016, 10:43 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: It's different than torching any property because the trailer has been referred to as a character in itself by people in this forum. It's undeniable that the contents of the trailer have helped them solve cases and save countless lives so it's safe to assume it would have aided future Grimms. It wasn't just Nick's property but his family legacy filled with value beyond monetary.

I'm with you on writers trashing characters and having them being wildly inconsistent just to force a plot forward. It's the reason I think Game of Thrones is now overrated. It pissed me off what they did last season to several characters just to prop up others and force a plot that had no good reason to exist.

I understand why Juliette did what she did but her descent happened way too quickly. Jules torching the trailer came not long after putting her own issues aside to go and risk her life to save Monroe. She then had a gun pointed at him in the spice shop. It seemed weird to me that she would use lethal force. You can say she didn't really want to kill him but Monroe wasn't shot only because Hank intervened. That was made worse by forcing Nick to fire a shot at his friend with his own hand. This is the same Monroe that rescued her when she didn't even know him and she returned the favor so what changed so quickly?

I've never been comfortable with plot being valued over character in any show that's supposed to be taken somewhat seriously. Juliette is the prime example of that in this show. Renard getting a pass for his misdeeds shouldn't be overlooked either. They seemed to change course with Renard between the first and second seasons and he's not as interesting as he used to be as a result.

I know a lot of people considered the trailer an entity unto itself in Grimm. I never thought of it as anything more than a prop because the characters themselves never looked at it as anything but a prop. Take Aunt Marie, for instance. Once she took Nick under her wing to care for, the trailer became absolutely useless. She couldn't use it once she took Nick under her wing, so the only option was to pay storage on it for the next two decades. Nick turns 31 and it appears the only reason Marie was passing it on to him then was because she was dying.

Even Nick didn't really give the antiquities in the trailer any special thought. He simply put it and the contents into storage and referred to the books and weapons occasionally. So to me, it seemed it was nothing but a trailer with some resources in it because that's how the characters treated it.

The Grimm writers didn't realize it, but when they had Juliette make the descent to hell as a hexenbiest, the scoobies really went with her. I think they're trying desperately to resurrect them with this Adalind as the good hexenbiest storyline. The problem with that is, no matter how good they make Adalind, she can't be trusted.

RE: HOT SCOOP: Juliette breaks through and feels the love for Nick - syscrash - 05-13-2016

Lets not forget at the base of arguments should be the writers intent. It is hard to argue the writers are wrong. The facts are the writers had three problems to solve. Get rid of the trailer, as stated in other post no one liked it. Plus it was impractical. The other was Mastrantonio was leaving. Since they where shuffling characters anyway they solved both problems using Juliette who they where killing anyway. We know the writers had no intention of making her a hated character, based on her first act on returning was to save all of them. Asking nothing in return.

I read so much about how people interpret the show, even when it contradicts what the writers have said. Or what the writers did. How people can pass off something as a coincidence in something that is scripted is beyond me. Our when narrative is argued as conversation. The writers have Juliette say "I did not know Kenneth was going to do that" Yet how many post have tried to disprove the statement. The statement was narrative it is how the writers provide facts so you know their intent.

This post is about Juliete and Nick. The writers have provided us with Eve position. Yet poster keep commenting reasons why they don't believe it. It would be different if not physically possible to change. It is a different story when the belief is based on how the poster feels someone should act and respond.