Grimm Forum
Can't we all just get along? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Can't we all just get along? (/Thread-Can-t-we-all-just-get-along)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Can't we all just get along? - Belle - 05-13-2016

(05-13-2016, 02:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: The forum has been noticeably quieter over the past week, but apparently that's not good enough for some here. They feel they're being attacked, forcibly driven from the forum and over what? Because of a small number of people who happen to disagree with them over an imaginary character, and so they see themselves as having no alternative but to leave the forum.

Kudos to the administrators and the moderating team. Regardless of what some may think, you have my respect and admiration. You deserve it!

Yes, you have succeeded in turning lots and lots of people off to the point that they quit the forum, so I imagine it is quieter when you are left talking to yourself and the handful of people who agree with every single thing you post, regardless of whether or not it makes any sense.

Now why don't you get together with the administrators, whose bums you love to kiss so much, and rename the forum so that it reflects what you've turned it into?

Stop calling this the Grimm Forum, lest future visitors get the mistaken impression that that's what it is.
It's way past time that it be renamed The Juliette/Eve fan site because that is what it has been reduced to.

Thanks to a handful of bullies who post non-stop and gang up on anyone with a dissenting opinion, this forum is no longer about the show Grimm, its creators, its characters or its fans.
It's just about one single character portrayed by one extremely untalented actress, which is pretty pathetic when you stop to consider that it could have been so much more.

Still, it is what it is and prospective members deserve to know what they are getting themselves into because no one should be subjected to the incessant and nonsensical pro-Juliette/Eve that has consumed this forum like a cancer without at least being given warning.

RE: Can't we all just get along? - syscrash - 05-13-2016

Quote:Thanks to a handful of bullies who post non-stop and gang up on anyone with a dissenting opinion, this forum is no longer about the show Grimm, its creators, its characters or its fans.
It's just about one single character portrayed by one extremely untalented actress, which is pretty pathetic when you stop to consider that it could have been so much more.
The perfect example of a typical Juliette hater response. The quoted post does not have a single disparaging statement. yet the response sits the stated position as being decisive driving people away. Yet it is only the responder that chooses to use disparaging language such as "portrayed by one extremely untalented actress, which is pretty pathetic". Something that is as far from the facts as it can be.

You also attribute the problem being the bullying of dissenting position. The argument is not changing favor. The argument is the bias shown for one character over the other. The facts do not support one being better or worse then the other. Even the writers have made every attempt to balance the scales. To eliminate any doubt the writers have stated in interviews neither side is good or bad. But all the haters see when this position is pointed out is a pro Juliette fan.

RE: Can't we all just get along? - degrimm - 05-13-2016

(05-13-2016, 04:00 PM)Belle Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 02:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: The forum has been noticeably quieter over the past week, but apparently that's not good enough for some here. They feel they're being attacked, forcibly driven from the forum and over what? Because of a small number of people who happen to disagree with them over an imaginary character, and so they see themselves as having no alternative but to leave the forum.

Kudos to the administrators and the moderating team. Regardless of what some may think, you have my respect and admiration. You deserve it!

Yes, you have succeeded in turning lots and lots of people off to the point that they quit the forum, so I imagine it is quieter when you are left talking to yourself and the handful of people who agree with every single thing you post, regardless of whether or not it makes any sense.

Now why don't you get together with the administrators, whose bums you love to kiss so much, and rename the forum so that it reflects what you've turned it into?

Stop calling this the Grimm Forum, lest future visitors get the mistaken impression that that's what it is.
It's way past time that it be renamed The Juliette/Eve fan site because that is what it has been reduced to.

Thanks to a handful of bullies who post non-stop and gang up on anyone with a dissenting opinion, this forum is no longer about the show Grimm, its creators, its characters or its fans.

Still, it is what it is and prospective members deserve to know what they are getting themselves into because no one should be subjected to the incessant and nonsensical pro-Juliette/Eve that has consumed this forum like a cancer without at least being given warning.

all you adalind lovers, it would be easy for you guys to just fit if you don't distort the original scenes to suit your comments, stop bashing another character and their normal life just to help your course and accept other characters.

like now everything you say against juliette/eve are just all negatives as opposed to juliette lovers who accept both +s & -s of adalind but yet still don't like adalind.

we accept you don't like juliette but make it a personal attack on her career and personal life

RE: Can't we all just get along? - Nightschade - 05-13-2016

This post started out promising, and of course has devolved into people pointing fingers. It's not about if we like/hate Juliette/Eve, Adalind or not. We all have opinions and we're allowed to have them and we're allowed to express them. It doesn't matter WHY we have those opinions, it doesn't matter whether or not people's opinions are based on 'fact'. This is a FORUM and the point is that we should be able to express them.

The problem is when we allow or opinions to color the way we address people with different ones. Not just being outright rude, but being condescending, passive aggressive or otherwise dismissive. There was a great post earlier on in this thread that spoke to how we should think before we type. It's not about what we're saying, it's about the way we're saying it, and there are people in both 'camps' who are guilty of, in my opinion, belittling others to get their point across, or being condescending towards those with a different opinion, or completely dismissing somebody else's opinion.

All of these things are not what a forum is about. We're all adults, we can have a polite discourse. Instead of pointing the finger at those with differing opinions, look inward and re-evaluate the way that you are presenting yours.

RE: Can't we all just get along? - izzy - 05-13-2016

So I just got back, from D.C....and I see this, uh, whatever you call this. I mean really, what the kittens is wrong with some of you people?

I won't say it is just a show, because the show is not the issue, what is the issue is how personally some of you take the discussions of the show, the characters on the show, and the social and political issues that are correlated with the show. I take the later very seriously, but I don't take disagreements personally. And why you would be personally wounded by what an anonymous or even non-anonymous person in a forum says about you is beyond my kin.

Let me give you a perspective, I just spent the week in D.C. trying to make sure all U.S. citizens have a safe Memorial day...the repercussions that stuff can entail is nauseating to even consider. All I can say is I wish everyone in the U.S. Government cared as much about homeland security as you folks do about what some alleged meanie said on the Internet.

My suggestion, and that is all it is, is you go to a veterans home and visit some wounded warriors, or go to a children's hospital and bring a few stuffed animals to some kids, or simply reflect on your ancestors by asking yourself questions about your great-grandparents. What was their favorite color, did they have a pet, what were their hobbies, what were they proudest of, did they have a prized possession. What was their nickname? Most people cannot answer these questions about those who paved the way for them, sacrificed for them and they are all but forgotten. Then maybe hug your kids a bit more, tell your spouse you love them, call up mom and dad if you are lucky enough to still have them and reach out to old friends you have neglected.

The objective of the above was to attempt to give you a perspective. If what XYZ or ABC said in the Grimm forum still matters so much to you, then have at it.

Most pleasant regards on this 12th day of May in the 2016th year of our Lord.

RE: Can't we all just get along? - Gretel Hanselsister - 05-13-2016

(05-13-2016, 02:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: Kudos to the administrators and the moderating team. Regardless of what some may think, you have my respect and admiration. You deserve it!

Thank you.

(05-13-2016, 04:00 PM)Belle Wrote: Yes, you have succeeded in turning lots and lots of people off to the point that they quit the forum,

To say it once again: we don’t judge opinions. But we demand members to write in a respectful way. When this doesn’t work, we sometime don’t wait till the member leaves the forum actively.

(05-13-2016, 07:31 PM)Nightschade Wrote: This post started out promising,

Agreed. I guess, everything is said. I close this thread before it gets worse.

(05-13-2016, 09:36 PM)izzy Wrote: Most pleasant regards on this 14th day of May in the 2016th year of our Lord.