Grimm Forum
odds they "off" Bud - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: odds they "off" Bud (/Thread-odds-they-off-Bud)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

odds they "off" Bud - izzy - 05-01-2016

So Nick seems incapable of sustainable rage or anger, nor does he seem to channel it inward. I suspect it is too much soy in his diet, but with his new found muscles maybe he is finally taking a testosterone supplement. All that aside I was thinking what would it take for Nick to actually grow a pair? Truble missing did not do it...his mother being beheaded did not do it, well he did kill Kenneth but he did it like a fem would (made sure the guy was disarmed by his friend and hen packed a weapon himself). So what might motivate Nick to actually man-up? I think the death of Rosalee or Bud are about the only things that might get Nick's dander up. Rosalee is out the fans would rebel, but Bud, lovable as he is, they have written him all but out...that makes me think he is likely candidate. The cliché trail of black powder that sets off the keg as it where. The series is ending anyways, the ratings are low, so the 13 episodes seems about right - so they have little to lose in killing off Bud and it might nicely spike the series to conclusion. And it makes little sense, which is more and more why I think the writers of this series might do it. So what say yea?

RE: odds they "off" Bud - Belle - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 03:14 PM)izzy Wrote: So Nick seems incapable of sustainable rage or anger, nor does he seem to channel it inward. I suspect it is too much soy in his diet, but with his new found muscles maybe he is finally taking a testosterone supplement. All that aside I was thinking what would it take for Nick to actually grow a pair? Truble missing did not do it...his mother being beheaded did not do it, well he did kill Kenneth but he did it like a fem would (made sure the guy was disarmed by his friend and hen packed a weapon himself). So what might motivate Nick to actually man-up? I think the death of Rosalee or Bud are about the only things that might get Nick's dander up. Rosalee is out the fans would rebel, but Bud, lovable as he is, they have written him all but out...that makes me think he is likely candidate. The cliché trail of black powder that sets off the keg as it where. The series is ending anyways, the ratings are low, so the 13 episodes seems about right - so they have little to lose in killing off Bud and it might nicely spike the series to conclusion. And it makes little sense, which is more and more why I think the writers of this series might do it. So what say yea?
Nooooo!!! NOT BUD!
I don't even think I can vote because, while I wouldn't put it past the writers, it's too horrible to contemplate.
And if they do kill Bud off, then they damn sure better make sure he goes out in a blaze of heroism and glory.

RE: odds they "off" Bud - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-01-2016

I wonder how enraged you can get when your heartbeat never goes over 30 BPM.

Usually, movies and TV shows kill off the characters who are backed into the seemingly least resolvable situations. If that holds true here, the most likely candidates would be Sean, Adalind and Diana, with baby Kelly a distant runner-up. Bud's a nice guy and his death would make everyone sad, but he doesn't seem to be personally important enough to any of the main characters to generate a lot of passion for vengeance.

RE: odds they "off" Bud - izzy - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 03:33 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I wonder how enraged you can get when your heartbeat never goes over 30 BPM.

Usually, movies and TV shows kill off the characters who are backed into the seemingly least resolvable situations. If that holds true here, the most likely candidates would be Sean, Adalind and Diana, with baby Kelly a distant runner-up. Bud's a nice guy and his death would make everyone sad, but he doesn't seem to be personally important enough to any of the main characters to generate a lot of passion for vengeance.

I don't disagree with your assessment, but my take on Nick, is the only time he seems to get genuinely agitated is when innocents get killed. And Bud is the most harmless, benign of the wesen. I just can see him suddenly appearing and senselessly killed; I rather hope not.

RE: odds they "off" Bud - Belle - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 03:45 PM)izzy Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 03:33 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I wonder how enraged you can get when your heartbeat never goes over 30 BPM.

I don't disagree with your assessment, but my take on Nick, is the only time he seems to get genuinely agitated is when innocents get killed. And Bud is the most harmless, benign of the wesen. I just can see him suddenly appearing and senselessly killed; I rather hope not.

Considering Bud is a father and husband who has risked his life and fought his own rather meek nature to help Nick, I would hope Nick would go ballistic of anyone intentionally killed Bud. In that rather unthinkable scenario I would expect no less than some old school, medieval, ax-swinging, Grimm justice

RE: odds they "off" Bud - tscchope - 05-02-2016

@izzy Kenneth had his knife.

Hank looks to be Nick's weak link. We know from season 1 Nick would fight for Hank and risk his death rather than meekly surrender.

I've been waiting for another wesen delegation to show up at the Spice Shop demanding Rosalee gets Nick to remove the Black Claw threats and intimidation from their families. Perhaps Rosalee has been out helping Nick , when they called?

I don't think Bud will get 'offed'. There's no way Black Claw would believe an eisbiber could ever matter enough to a Grimm.

RE: odds they "off" Bud - izzy - 05-02-2016

(05-02-2016, 04:04 AM)tscchope Wrote: @izzy Kenneth had his knife.

What knife did Kenneth have when Nick murdered him? Wu cuffed Kenneth, and then patted him down to make sure he had no weapons before he uncuffed him, so Nick could murder him. Note Nick used a concealed weapon.

RE: odds they "off" Bud - jsgrimm45 - 05-02-2016

At first I agree with this but after last episode now I think it could be Hank.

RE: odds they "off" Bud - wfmyers1207 - 05-02-2016

IMHO, they will not kill off Bud. More likely is that they kill off Hank.

With Zuri rather obviously trying to lure him in to something, I can see Hank being used as a hostage to leverage Nick. Nick will then have a choice to either write Hank off or bow to BC.

Nick will chose, and Hank will agree, to write him off and tell BC to go f$%^ themselves! Now it's personal! Angry

RE: odds they "off" Bud - tscchope - 05-02-2016

@izzy Wu checked for concealed guns. Kenneth must have thought he was really smart getting a knife past Wu. Nick and Kenneth fought hand to hand. Kenneth backed off, got out his knife, whereupon Nick killed him with his vambrace knife. Okay, it's not the witchblade, but it gets the job done. Kenneth thought he had the advantage.

@wfmyers1207 We've already seen Nick's actions when Hank's life is on the line in season one courtesy of Adalind. I expect Nick to respond in like vein, now.