Grimm Forum
S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu (/Thread-S5E19-The-Taming-of-the-Wu)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - irukandji - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 08:19 PM)Robyn Wrote: I haven't seen anything that makes me think Diana had any direct role in Kelly's death, but Diana in tonight's episode questions if Diana was already strong enough to manipulate Kelly into believing she was behaving normally, as in able to bond. Because why would Kelly bring Diana into a situation that supposedly had Nick's life in danger if the child was emotionally detached, which could make her unpredictable & dangerous in a volatile situation.

My thought was that Kelly committed a huge fail in bringing Diana back to Nick's house simply because she got an email that read he was in danger. After seeing Diana's actions tonight, I have a somewhat different opinion. Kelly may have ignored the email and never planned on setting foot in Portland. Diana had other plans and manipulated Kelly so that she was compelled to return to Portland. She was skilled at illusion when she was an infant, no doubt she became even more talented as a young child. We saw even more skill tonight as Diana used illusion to compel Adalind to return to Sean.

It leads me to believe that while she didn't directly kill Kelly, she saw Kelly as a threat and made sure she was eliminated.

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - MANTItotheCore - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 09:30 PM)degrimm Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 09:24 PM)Nicholas White Wrote: I really enjoyed the episode.

I think Adalind made the right choice to leave for Kelly's safety. I mean if she didn't she would have to not only worry about Black Claw but also Diana trying to kill Kelly. Diana would feel like Kelly is the thing standing in the way of her and Adalind and would have tried(Succeeded) in killing Kelly. Adalind only had one option at the moment. I mean even with HW protection Diana would still be a threat.

Shirtless Mesiner is always a plus. I wish we get more Mesiner and Adalind scenes. Like I don't understand why he didn't go to Adalind instead of calling Nick.

she made the right choice in a wrong way- i felt she should have left kelly with nick. you know kelly is still a baby and would require adalind attention more; the baby being with adalind is also equally dangerous for kelly and probably adalind

(04-29-2016, 09:11 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: None of this makes any sense. Why is Bonaparte threatening Adalind to leave Nick? He said to Renard IN THE VERY SAME EPISODE that Black Claw wanted to recruit Grimms wherever possible! If anything, he'd be trying to convince Adalind to bring Nick on board! RRGGGHHSTUPIDSCRIPTISSTUPID

[Image: BangingHeadAgainstWall.gif~c200]

i also had the same thought

Seriously? YOU DIDN'T LIKE THAT EPISODE? wow....

TBC's biggest move right now is to get Renard elected. To do that, they feel the need to have a happy family: Sean, A, and Diana (Kelly is a maybe). Getting Nick, while an absolute pipe dream, is a secondary goal and one not likely to come to fruition and Bonaparte knows it.

Incidentally, I am more than ever convinced that Diana is running the show, or at least a portion of it. I go back to the conclusion of The Wild Hunt episode where Monroe's father talked about how their arrival would preceed the arrival of some world changing event....coincidentally, Diana was born. Not long afterward, BC is formed and a world wide, Wessen revolution is started.

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-29-2016

Leaving Kelly with Nick would have made it more difficult for Nick to do what he's going to have to do. With both the kids in her care, Adalind can devote all her time to protecting both of them. And it will work out better in the long run if Diana can see Kelly as her little brother and part of her family, rather than as a threat to it.

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - syscrash - 04-29-2016

After watching Diana. I do not understand the safe house. Why did Diana stay. If she can communicate with Eve and her mom why wait until now. Could it be the distance. From Portland to Nevada would be a distance. The Eva, Adalind, Diana connection is interesting. Can Eve connect with Adalind or is it only Diana that connects them. Eve told Nick to go home because something has changed in Adalind. Was that because of hearing Diana pretending to be Sean.

As for ADalind. She tells Nick about having her powers. With a bunch of apologizes, yet she says nothing about the most important piece of information, Diana. Something Nick has to learn from Trubel. With Diana her enimies had threatened death, she still wanted to keep Diana. This time conrad threatens Kelly, Diana is possessive. But Adalind feels the safest place for kelly is with her. People say Adalind has changed. She is still puts her wants before her kids best interest. She says she is protecting Nick. Doesn't she think he is going to come after Kelly. Won't that put him in even more danger. Even afer all of this the Nadalind fans will stick to she had no choice it was for her kids. Nick will understand.

I am curious how the post that say Juliette is returning or Eve is showing an interest in Nick. I found Eve's interaction with Nick very clinical. She even refers to him as Burkhart. Even Eve assuring Nick she would do everything she can to get Kelly. Was said with the same emotion and conviction as a police office to a victim. It is the same speech Nick has given many times.

How does Nick take part in getting Kelly back without worrying can he go after Adalind. I was concerned if Eve would be able to go after Diana. After Diana being in Eves head I don't think taht will be a problem. I wonder if Eve will get control of Diana being in her head and develops a way to block her out. It was interesting that Eve said she could feel Diana's power, I wonder if she can tap into it.

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - degrimm - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 10:34 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Leaving Kelly with Nick would have made it more difficult for Nick to do what he's going to have to do. With both the kids in her care, Adalind can devote all her time to protecting both of them. And it will work out better in the long run if Diana can see Kelly as her little brother and part of her family, rather than as a threat to it.

a friend of mine said something- the whole wire crossing thing btw eve and adalind, and the usual adalind fear when eve shows- what if the baby kelly was actually eves' in adalind's body and the reason why adalind powers never reach full throttle is bcos eve has her powers too and she's scared that the switch might happen again.

(04-29-2016, 11:03 PM)syscrash Wrote: After watching Diana. I do not understand the safe house. Why did Diana stay. If she can communicate with Eve and her mom why wait until now. Could it be the distance. From Portland to Nevada would be a distance. The Eva, Adalind, Diana connection is interesting. Can Eve connect with Adalind or is it only Diana that connects them. Eve told Nick to go home because something has changed in Adalind. Was that because of hearing Diana pretending to be Sean.

As for ADalind. She tells Nick about having her powers. With a bunch of apologizes, yet she says nothing about the most important piece of information, Diana. Something Nick has to learn from Trubel. With Diana her enimies had threatened death, she still wanted to keep Diana. This time conrad threatens Kelly, Diana is possessive. But Adalind feels the safest place for kelly is with her. People say Adalind has changed. She is still puts her wants before her kids best interest. She says she is protecting Nick. Doesn't she think he is going to come after Kelly. Won't that put him in even more danger. Even afer all of this the Nadalind fans will stick to she had no choice it was for her kids. Nick will understand.

I am curious how the post that say Juliette is returning or Eve is showing an interest in Nick. I found Eve's interaction with Nick very clinical. She even refers to him as Burkhart. Even Eve assuring Nick she would do everything she can to get Kelly. Was said with the same emotion and conviction as a police office to a victim. It is the same speech Nick has given many times.

How does Nick take part in getting Kelly back without worrying can he go after Adalind. I was concerned if Eve would be able to go after Diana. After Diana being in Eves head I don't think taht will be a problem. I wonder if Eve will get control of Diana being in her head and develops a way to block her out. It was interesting that Eve said she could feel Diana's power, I wonder if she can tap into it.

the connection is adalind=julieve like the connection between nick=adalind in s04e02-- it's like he transferred it to juliette in s04e06 and now they are connected-- and not eve=diana so that baby could switch them back. she's that powerful. if i am the grimm i won't want to get on diana's bad side. also the baby kelly could be juliettes

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 11:03 PM)syscrash Wrote: As for ADalind. She tells Nick about having her powers. With a bunch of apologizes, yet she says nothing about the most important piece of information, Diana. Something Nick has to learn from Trubel. With Diana her enimies had threatened death, she still wanted to keep Diana. This time conrad threatens Kelly, Diana is possessive. But Adalind feels the safest place for kelly is with her. People say Adalind has changed. She is still puts her wants before her kids best interest. She says she is protecting Nick. Doesn't she think he is going to come after Kelly. Won't that put him in even more danger.

I think Adalind actually meant what she said, and after the scary visions Diana added to Conrad's threat she acted more out of panic than possessiveness. But she has a long history of making decisions on the fly without thinking about them well enough to see all their potential bad outcomes.

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - syscrash - 04-30-2016

Here is another issue I have with ADalind. She wants to be part of the group, and call them friend. The first time she is ask to show what she is made of. She does not even make an attempt to involve them in the problem. A problem that will effect all of them. How would Adalind not realize with her choice she is now an enemy. I bet the are really glad they keep Adalind in the dark.
She came to Nick for protection. Now when she needs protection, she does not even include him.

After connecting with Diana, Adalind knows she is leaving, so she tells Nick about her powers. Something she all ready knew he knew. If she wanted to help Nick why not tel him about being kidnapped and seeing Diana. At least let him know what he is up against. It is amazing how because of the note, you have p0eople saying see she loves him, Nick will go save her and they will be together. Nick would be an idiot to risk his life to go save her. Go after Kelly with all he has got. But Adalind doesn't deserve the effort. If she had of done anything to help Nick with this situation I would consider suggesting Nick help Adallind.

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - degrimm - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 12:07 AM)syscrash Wrote: Here is another issue I have with ADalind. She wants to be part of the group, and call them friend. The first time she is ask to show what she is made of. She does not even make an attempt to involve them in the problem. A problem that will effect all of them. How would Adalind not realize with her choice she is now an enemy. I bet the are really glad they keep Adalind in the dark.
She came to Nick for protection. Now when she needs protection, she does not even include him.

After connecting with Diana, Adalind knows she is leaving, so she tells Nick about her powers. Something she all ready knew he knew. If she wanted to help Nick why not tel him about being kidnapped and seeing Diana. At least let him know what he is up against. It is amazing how because of the note, you have p0eople saying see she loves him, Nick will go save her and they will be together. Nick would be an idiot to risk his life to go save her. Go after Kelly with all he has got. But Adalind doesn't deserve the effort. If she had of done anything to help Nick with this situation I would consider suggesting Nick help Adallind.

HANK GRIFFIN-- 3 ex wives we really should have seen that coming; hope he doesn't marry zuri before he realizes she is a "supposedly" black claw agent.

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - Vance60 - 04-30-2016

(04-29-2016, 07:17 PM)Belle Wrote: With this episode it does seem like they are setting up an epic final showdown for the final season.
The only problem is if they do a really good job, the wait between this season and the next will be TORTURE.

I KNEW Hank's new girlfriend was evil.
Her reappearance was way too convenient.

The way Julieve keeps getting all protective of Nick is totally contrary to what she claimed becoming Eve was all about. I'm worried the writers are building up to Juliette and Nick getting back together, which would just be wrong on so many levels. If Julieve and Nick ever even kiss again I'm out, just completely and totally out.

The new guys is so evil. I'm already looking forward to him dying in some really painful/gnarly way.

The note Adalind left to Nick was super cool. Their relationship finally seemed to be really coming together, then bam! it's ripped to shreds.

Not sure what they are going to do with Wu. Something tells me Rosalee doesn't have a tea to cure a blutbod virus. And why did they let Wu go home alone? That wasn't a situation in which self-sufficiency should trump public safety.

Yeah! Meisner and Trubel are back! They made the whole episode for me.

I really enjoyed this episode, sets things p for Nick to get dark as promised at the start of the season. I still think the writing could be better i.e Adalind being a little more open with Nick about Diana, the kidnapping, but the note was a nice touch and I believe Nick understands why she did leave because of it.
Wu, knowing what he has experienced with wesen, would have (should have) told the gang what he was experiencing sooner.
I have never taken on the the eve character, implausible arc and I still think they are heading to some "I'm desperately sorry for all the death and pain I caused" scenario with her. As long as it doesn't lead to her and Nick getting it on again, I'll live with it.
Diana, some have said she may have had a part in Kelly's death and after seeing what is going on, I tend to agree with that. She has taken nothing from her time spent with Kelly and seems totally selfish and wicked in her desires. (just my opinion) Will Adalind and Sean's presence and influence be able to change her for the better in the end or will she meet some end because of her actions?
I also agree that Zuri is being blackmailed by bc holding her brother. She seemed (to me anyway) that she wanted to keep low key about being wesen and that is contrary to what bc appear to be about.
Really looking forward to the next few episodes.

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - syscrash - 04-30-2016

I thought they where using Zuri brother against her. Then I saw her with Conrad. She is on board with the plan.
Can you really forgive ADalind for the way she left because of the note. Considering after all of these months of taking care of and protecting Adalind. The first chance she gets to help. She provides zero information about what she knows about Sean, BC, Conrad, or even the powers they face with Diana. She takes off with Kelly no chance to say good by or anything. She does not even have enough faith in Nick to ask for help. Does that really sound like the actions of someone in love with Nick.