Grimm Forum
S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu (/Thread-S5E19-The-Taming-of-the-Wu)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - Belle - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 07:47 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: I agree that this was an outstanding episode!!

We moved multiple plot lines ahead tonight.

Diana is scary, out of control, and powerful...odd that she hasn't woged yet, unless he eye change is her deal.

The connection between the three Hexens was pretty cool. I thought it was a Hexen communication thing, but sounds like that same freaking sucking of the hat continues to cause problems.

Not sure that Adalind actually wants to be around Diana...she looked uncertain.

Thought the scenes with Nick and Adalind demonstrated real affection between the two...(that should piss off the anti-shippers).

Wu's deal is interesting...I like the cave man act. Don't piss off the Wu!

Poor Hank! The man just can't pick a good woman...

U hit the nail on the head when it comes to Diana and Adalind.
Sadly, I think they are setting Adalind up for a Sophie's Choice kind of decision. I suspect if BC doesn't try to kill Kelly, then Diana will because she is way too possessive and powerful to share her mommy with anyone.
Personally, I am crossing my fingers and toes that if only one of them can come out alive, it's Kelly.

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - MANTItotheCore - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 07:57 PM)Belle Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 07:47 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: I agree that this was an outstanding episode!!

We moved multiple plot lines ahead tonight.

Diana is scary, out of control, and powerful...odd that she hasn't woged yet, unless he eye change is her deal.

The connection between the three Hexens was pretty cool. I thought it was a Hexen communication thing, but sounds like that same freaking sucking of the hat continues to cause problems.

Not sure that Adalind actually wants to be around Diana...she looked uncertain.

Thought the scenes with Nick and Adalind demonstrated real affection between the two...(that should piss off the anti-shippers).

Wu's deal is interesting...I like the cave man act. Don't piss off the Wu!

Poor Hank! The man just can't pick a good woman...

U hit the nail on the head when it comes to Diana and Adalind.
Sadly, I think they are setting Adalind up for a Sophie's Choice kind of decision. I suspect if BC doesn't try to kill Kelly, then Diana will because she is way too possessive and powerful to share her mommy with anyone.
Personally, I am crossing my fingers and toes that if only one of them can come out alive, it's Kelly.

I was shocked that Bonapart threatened Kelly in Adalind's presence...that was not subtle either.
Of course, does Adalind think that Nick will sit by and let her and Kelly be forced from him? It ain't going to happen.
We heard that Nick was going darker this season....it's about time to get there, I think.

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - degrimm - 04-29-2016

diana is scary even to me-- that is some devil child--

all hopeful of nick-juliette reunion--stop it that ship has sailed far away.
2 things
-- diana might have to kill adalind and eve because of that connection-- reaching my theory of a single father grimm
-- i hope diana isn't trying to reverse s03e22 to s04e06 or mayb even eve. so the connection nick and adalind had in s04e02 was transferred to juliette. that explains that, so whatever happens to adalind now happens to eve i.e the supernatural and not humane stuff

(04-29-2016, 07:20 PM)Robyn Wrote: First, I am so glad Greenwalt & Kouf decided to make Diana older. I think the scary ass is so much better than if they’d kept her the age of S4.

I can’t decide if BC believes Diana has a connection with Adalind & that’s why they want/need her to join or if Diana is working with BC to get Adalind because they need her for some reason. I kind of saw what might be Diana connecting with Adalind, child to mother, but I also saw one scary ass kid incapable of feeling any genuine bond or love.

Wu’s storyline was interesting and entertaining. His wit is front and center even in the throes of death and hysteria.

Meanwhile, Meisner, Eve & Trubel know that BC has Diana and will use her to get to Adalind and their first reaction is to call Nick. No one even considered going to Adalind to see what she knows or if she knows anything at this point.

And what does Nick do after learning this new development that includes his son being in danger - goes to a crime scene then proceeds to help Wu. Hank, Monroe and Rosalee were helping Wu. Nick’s immediate response should have been to go to Adalind and force a conversation that brings everything out in the open.

If he had and Adalind was made aware that everyone knew what was happening, instead of them working behind her back, she might have believed she had other options. But as always, Adalind is left on her own with no one to turn to, and will most likely be blamed for doing what she could with what she had available.

I loved the note she left for Nick so the words disappeared to leave the message that she was protecting him. Adalind makes this gut wrenching decision with Nick’s wellbeing one of her priorities while Nick is solving crime and helping Wu.

I wish Greenwalt & Kouf would realize, and care, that how they manipulate characters' actions to move their plot along has repercussions for the character. I get their plot required Adalind to leave with Kelly, but Nick was a complete jackass in the way he was written to react - or not react.

Adalind was explaining to Kelly that she couldn't take him away from Nick, then she did take him. Did I miss something or did something happen that made Adalind change her mind?

And the best part - Diana letting Eve know to stay the f**k away. Eve might have met her match, or more.

i do believe baby kelly is in real danger cos that diana girl is really really possessive and damn powerful unless we get a second harry potter and the elders wand (stick)

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - Robyn - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 07:45 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 07:37 PM)degrimm Wrote: a hand in kelly's death?? that's a bit of a stretch with all the verrats that was to ambush; well i wont say anything more

Degrimm, you can say what you want. Feel free, your opinion's just as valid and I enjoy reading your posts.

Let me explain where I'm coming from. It's my opinion that Kenneth and the verrat planned for a war. They were surprised when Kelly showed up with just Diana. The odd thing about the scene was Diana sitting on the floor while Kenneth beat up Kelly, then took her outside. I don't believe Diana had any love for Kelly and manipulated her death. Just my thoughts.

I haven't seen anything that makes me think Diana had any direct role in Kelly's death, but Diana in tonight's episode questions if Diana was already strong enough to manipulate Kelly into believing she was behaving normally, as in able to bond. Because why would Kelly bring Diana into a situation that supposedly had Nick's life in danger if the child was emotionally detached, which could make her unpredictable & dangerous in a volatile situation.

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - Elkhound - 04-29-2016

What happened to the girlfriend's little brother? Are we to assume he's away at college, or does BC have him and are threatening him to gain her compliance

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - Belle - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 08:30 PM)Elkhound Wrote: What happened to the girlfriend's little brother? Are we to assume he's away at college, or does BC have him and are threatening him to gain her compliance

That's a great question!
I get the sense that she's just evil, but your idea about her being manipulated into doing BC bidding fit right in with their MO.

(04-29-2016, 08:30 PM)Elkhound Wrote: What happened to the girlfriend's little brother? Are we to assume he's away at college, or does BC have him and are threatening him to gain her compliance

yeah good observant but good question how did they know about her when nothing really ever happened btw them and they were in a safe house. oh now i remember she was his physiotherapist

(04-29-2016, 08:36 PM)degrimm Wrote:

yeah good observant but good question how did they know about her when nothing really ever happened btw them and they were in a safe house. oh now i remember she was his physiotherapist

i'm now so convinced that nick's confession of "i love you" to adalind is coming pretty fast 1 or 2 episodes more

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - Hexenadler - 04-29-2016

None of this makes any sense. Why is Bonaparte threatening Adalind to leave Nick? He said to Renard IN THE VERY SAME EPISODE that Black Claw wanted to recruit Grimms wherever possible! If anything, he'd be trying to convince Adalind to bring Nick on board! RRGGGHHSTUPIDSCRIPTISSTUPID

[Image: BangingHeadAgainstWall.gif~c200]

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - Nicholas White - 04-29-2016

I really enjoyed the episode.

I think Adalind made the right choice to leave for Kelly's safety. I mean if she didn't she would have to not only worry about Black Claw but also Diana trying to kill Kelly. Diana would feel like Kelly is the thing standing in the way of her and Adalind and would have tried(Succeeded) in killing Kelly. Adalind only had one option at the moment. I mean even with HW protection Diana would still be a threat.

Shirtless Mesiner is always a plus. I wish we get more Mesiner and Adalind scenes. Like I don't understand why he didn't go to Adalind instead of calling Nick.

(04-29-2016, 09:24 PM)Nicholas White Wrote: I really enjoyed the episode.

I think Adalind made the right choice to leave for Kelly's safety. I mean if she didn't she would have to not only worry about Black Claw but also Diana trying to kill Kelly. Diana would feel like Kelly is the thing standing in the way of her and Adalind and would have tried(Succeeded) in killing Kelly. Adalind only had one option at the moment. I mean even with HW protection Diana would still be a threat.

Shirtless Mesiner is always a plus. I wish we get more Mesiner and Adalind scenes. Like I don't understand why he didn't go to Adalind instead of calling Nick.

she made the right choice in a wrong way- i felt she should have left kelly with nick. you know kelly is still a baby and would require adalind attention more; the baby being with adalind is also equally dangerous for kelly and probably adalind

(04-29-2016, 09:11 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: None of this makes any sense. Why is Bonaparte threatening Adalind to leave Nick? He said to Renard IN THE VERY SAME EPISODE that Black Claw wanted to recruit Grimms wherever possible! If anything, he'd be trying to convince Adalind to bring Nick on board! RRGGGHHSTUPIDSCRIPTISSTUPID

[Image: BangingHeadAgainstWall.gif~c200]

i also had the same thought