Grimm Forum
S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu (/Thread-S5E19-The-Taming-of-the-Wu)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: S5E19 - The Taming of the Wu - dicappatore - 11-07-2018

(11-07-2018, 10:36 PM)Henry of green Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 08:48 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 07:05 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 06:41 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 05:12 AM)Henry of green Wrote: I just rewatched this full episode for the first time in a long time.

This is one of my favorite episodes of season 5 the opening scene with Adalind and Dianas reunion is truly heartbreaking however creepy Diana is as a child .

My favourite scene is were Adalind is crying her eyes out at being forced to leave Nick, she’s talking to baby Kelly saying I can’t take you away from your daddy but I can’t abandon Diana. Its one of the best acted scenes in the entire show and certainly the most emotional we’ve ever seen Adalind apart from the scene after Diana’s kidnapping in 3x18. That scene truly shows just how much she cares about Nick and her children. How anyone could deny her feelings for Nick were pure after that scene is beyond me.

Wu turning into a Lycanthrope and Hank and Nick having to deal with it was also fascinating as well as wu having to deal his transformation the hospital scene with wu was particularly good though I have to say I wasn’t a fan of the look they give to lycanthrope Wu as they made him look more a disfigured cave man than a werewolf.

The scene were Boneparte was trying to strong arm Adalind into joining BC by basically threatening her children showed just how ruthless and dangerous he was as a character he certainly struck me as being far more competent and formidable than any of the Royals as individuals with the possible exception of Kenneth.

I felt really bad for Hank as if what Adalind did to him in season 1 wasn’t enough BC now send zuri to honey trap Hank, the guy had zero luck with the opposite sex. I wish the show would have explained the reasons why zuri did this to Hank and Joined BC.

Overall though this is one of my all time favourite Grimm episodes.

Henry, just a couple of observations. I don't recall which episode, if any, Zuri admits to being threaten with harm to her brother, forcing her working with BC. Burt I could be wrong,

Wu's condition was not him becoming a werewolf. The virus he got from the infected Blutbad effected with Lycanthropia but it did not change him into a lycanthrope (werewolf). The effect of the virus did change him into a primal version of his humanity and not a Wesen version of a Blutbad. So, his looks were in line with his transformation.

Read more here: https://grimm.fandom.com/wiki/Drew_Wu#Primal

you are absolutely correct there is no mention whatsoever whether she was being forced to join BC or not and that’s the problem with the storyline, her joining Bc seemed a bit random for my liking.

Ok Henry, when you get to Episode 20, Bad Night. This is at the end of the scene when Nick fakes him wanting to take Zuri to a safe house.

Scene: Nick knocks on Zuri's door and she answers.

Zuri: We've got a problem. Burkhardt is here, and he's taking me to a safe house.
Bonaparte: Why?
Zuri: Because of Hank. They figured out that Tony was here for him.
Bonaparte: Do they suspect you?
[Hank stands behind Zuri]
Zuri: No, why would they be taking me to a safe house? Now I'm supposed to pack for a week. What do you want me to do?
Bonaparte: Cooperate. Pack for a week and go. That's enough for now. [He hangs up]
Hank: So, I guess we didn't meet by accident. I really felt something for you, Zuri.
Zuri: Hank—
Hank: You unlocked the door.
Zuri: No, I-I-I didn't, I—
Hank: Stop. You unlocked the door and you gave Tony my phone.

Zuri: You don't understand. They made me do it. Hank, I love you, but they threatened me, and my brother. I just did what I had to do. I love you, Hank. I love you. I'm so sorry. [She woges and tries to attack Hank][Hank pushes Zuri away and when she walks back up to him, he hits her across her face and knocks her out. Zuri then retracts]

Hank: Yeah, I'm sorry too.

She was Wesen. Now here is the question. Was she lying or telling the truth? You decide

I remember that scene but she was clearly lying her ass off as she immediately attacks Hank after making the above statement only Hank is smart and hits her first.

Hey, 1st and foremost, I am not the Wesen sympathizer/lover on the forum, so I tend to go with you. I'm sure you know "whom" they (sympathizers/lovers) might be. She is a Wesen, and like most of the Wesen in BC, liars. Maybe she was fearful of BC, maybe she was not? She was part of BC, period.

I am more curious on what happened to her. Did Eve kill her? She did say, she (Zuri), was moved to a secure location. 6 feet under is pretty secure, lol. Or, was she rescued by BC when they wiped out Portland's HW.