Grimm Forum
Was Nick raped or not - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was Nick raped or not (/Thread-Was-Nick-raped-or-not)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Was Nick raped or not - Kathryn Wooten - 04-27-2016

Adaline smoked the hat to become Juliette and then as Juliette slept with Nick taking away his powers...Nick did not know he was bedding the dreaded hexenbiest...but was it rape?

RE: Was Nick raped or not - SumYungHo - 04-27-2016

(04-27-2016, 04:00 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Adaline smoked the hat to become Juliette and then as Juliette slept with Nick taking away his powers...Nick did not know he was bedding the dreaded hexenbiest...but was it rape?

Why?

RE: Was Nick raped or not - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-27-2016

"Rape by fraud/deception" is a crime in four US states. However, Oregon is not one of them.

Adalind could have been charged with identity theft, and if a monetary value could be assigned to Nick's grimm powers, with fraud or theft. None of these would be anywhere near as satisfying has just cutting off her head, though.

RE: Was Nick raped or not - Belle - 04-27-2016

(04-27-2016, 04:16 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: "Rape by fraud/deception" is a crime in four US states. However, Oregon is not one of them.

Adalind could have been charged with identity theft, and if a monetary value could be assigned to Nick's grimm powers, with fraud or theft. None of these would be anywhere near as satisfying has just cutting off her head, though.

Great response.
Though I don't agree with the head chopping part...

RE: Was Nick raped or not - MANTItotheCore - 04-27-2016

(04-27-2016, 05:30 PM)Belle Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 04:16 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: "Rape by fraud/deception" is a crime in four US states. However, Oregon is not one of them.

Great response.
Though I don't agree with the head chopping part...

Of course, the same could be said for Nick, who tackled her to the ground and began kissing her just to steal her Biest....so, karma sucks some times, you know? Shy

RE: Was Nick raped or not - irukandji - 04-27-2016

I think it could be a lot more serious than that.

Adalind's spell, the Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester, was termed as a "really badass" spell by Monroe. Rosalee said she couldn't find anything in her books on it, and reversing it was beyond her capabilities. While it seemed the spell did no more harm to Nick than making him normal like everyone else, Elizabeth disagreed and stated doing nothing could be worse for Nick. I take that to mean, that Adalind's spell would eventually have killed him.

Seems Adalind's got a masochistic streak in her. It's not enough to just debilitate someone, she's going to make sure they die in the process as well. She did that with Juliette and apparently tried the same thing on Nick.

Oregon's Class 1 assault involves the use of a deadly weapon. Adalind used the spell to cause serious physical injury to Nick. First degree assault is a felony charge. I'm not so sure Adalind couldn't be charged with sexual assault since more went on than just having sex with Nick while disguised as Juliette.

RE: Was Nick raped or not - izzy - 04-27-2016

(04-27-2016, 04:00 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: ..Nick did not know he was bedding the dreaded hexenbiest...but was it rape?

Oh for the love of christ - really - again with this????

Okay, I'll play, what the heck. thsi is easy as I do not have to actually be current with the episodes.

Here is an excerpt on my comments in a prior thread:
I one of my many former lives I counseled women who were victims of actual, alleged, or imaginary sexual abuse. Calling what happen between Nick and Adalind rape is ridiculous. Anyone who thinks it is rape need to talk to a woman or man who was raped in the classical sense of the world not the modern touchy-feely PC bullcrap paraded around these day by Alan Alda and Phil Donahue types. If Adalind had kicked Nick in the stomach, punched him in the head a few times, knocked out his teeth and put a knife to his throat and told him to get it up as she mounted him or she would castrate him, then I'll call it rape. That did not happen.

Here is a link to my post that addressed this topic. Note the follow-up by the ever awesome Jellyfish and others.

Nick/rape or not

So my vote is, nope it was not rape - it was something all together different yet akin.

RE: Was Nick raped or not - syscrash - 04-27-2016

What gets me about people who keep wanting to argue if it is rape. Deny or even state it does not matter that neither character sees it as rape or even a sexual assault. The fact that he is living and sleeping with Adalind enforces the idea that they do not see it as rape.

What else is amazing have not heard many complaints about Eve sleeping with Rachel. Of course Rachel did insist on having sex. Of course she thought it was Sean. My point is to try and make a cause out of a non issue. Devalues those that are really victims.

RE: Was Nick raped or not - irukandji - 04-27-2016

(04-27-2016, 08:59 PM)syscrash Wrote: What gets me about people who keep wanting to argue if it is rape. Deny or even state it does not matter that neither character sees it as rape or even a sexual assault. The fact that he is living and sleeping with Adalind enforces the idea that they do not see it as rape.

What else is amazing have not heard many complaints about Eve sleeping with Rachel. Of course Rachel did insist on having sex. Of course she thought it was Sean. My point is to try and make a cause out of a non issue. Devalues those that are really victims.

It seems that people believe that because this happened to a man and it's "magic", it's not rape. But then there's the opposite faction who see it differently. If the situation had been reversed and Nick was in disguise and slept with a woman without her consent, people would be shouting rape. I've been cruising other Grimm forums, and there are people who are completely serious that Adalind raped Nick.

If Adalind simply disguised herself and slept with Nick, no harm, no foul. She fooled him. Big deal. But there was a spell involved and intent to do harm, very great harm, if we're to believe Elizabeth's warning. That's what catches my interest about this episode.

You're right, Nick could care less, now that he's got his Grimm powers back. He's sleeping with Adalind again, and continues to prove he's not the brightest bulb in the shed.

It would have been interesting to see how seriously ill he might have become if Juliette had decided not to help him, told him to take it where the sun don't shine, and left him flat. I think he'd still be in his house, Adalind would not be his domestic fome guest, and he'd be wondering where he went wrong.

RE: Was Nick raped or not - syscrash - 04-28-2016

Adalind would be around because she would have still been pregnant. The difference is Juliette would not have been a hexenbiest. So you would have Adalind the hexenbiest using Nick to raise her son. While Juliette would have again been pushed aside.