Grimm Forum
S5E18 - Good to the Bone - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E18 - Good to the Bone (/Thread-S5E18-Good-to-the-Bone)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - Dian Mclean - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 11:15 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It's because he's trying to conceal from her the fact that he knows her hexenbiest has returned and so has to behave the same as he was before he found out.

I think he slept with her to conceal the fact that he knows her power is back. Listen Nick haven't shown Adalind any affections what so ever, she is always the one to initiate sex with him.

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - jsgrimm45 - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 11:44 AM)Dian Mclean Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 11:15 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It's because he's trying to conceal from her the fact that he knows her hexenbiest has returned and so has to behave the same as he was before he found out.

I think he slept with her to conceal the fact that he knows her power is back. Listen Nick haven't shown Adalind any affections what so ever, she is always the one to initiate sex with him.
I think the writers on this score have done the right job. If they have Nick move to fast with Adalind they are in a no win point to fast the viewers will say he has forgot about his one love Juliette, but Juliette is still around so how do you have this work? As always in Grimm no one talks about the 500 lb gorilla in the room, something we see time and time again.

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - Dian Mclean - 04-26-2016

(04-23-2016, 08:46 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 04:09 AM)New Guy Wrote: It is painful to watch FrankenEve treat all the other characters like dirt when she is the most despicable of them all. I wish Rosalee had slapped her.

I wouldn't say she's treating them like dirt, just keeping them at arm's length. But if her reaction to Diana's photo is any indication, the Eve persona is already starting to crumble - probably because Diana is so irrevocably tied with the worst thing Juliette ever did in her life, which was betraying Nick's mother to the royals. (Oh, and getting a few innocent neighbors slaughtered...)

I was wondering why Rosalee didn't slap Juliette myself. After attempting to murder Monroe, I was amazed she didn't try to rip her face off in the middle of the shop, Hexenbiest superpowers be damned. Rolleyes

Yes, I was wondering this myself, she does as she pleases and nobody seems to remember what she did to all of them, I am waiting to see if anyone is Bold or TOUGH enough to stand up to her.Yes granted they are partly responsible to her turning into a Hexen, but again she knew there would be side effects.

Ok on to another point with Eve/Juliette I don't think she is evil or mean she is a fighting machine, she thinks before she acts and man is she deadly.

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - degrimm - 04-26-2016

yeah going against one of the worst hexenbiest you've seen in years and killing abt 20 black claw agents without breaking a sweat really; she just needs to snap her finger and rosalee is gone; any way she didn't put them at arms length; she has just lost almost all of her emotional connection to them like reading a book; she is meant to protect all of them for hadrian wall purpose.

trubel wanted them to join their organization. the only problem is that such little emotions could start to creep in breaking down the walls that has been built up in her like eve threatening adalind with some emotions on the face and been cocky by saying nice place to cover it up

(04-26-2016, 12:31 PM)Dian Mclean Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 08:46 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 04:09 AM)New Guy Wrote: It is painful to watch FrankenEve treat all the other characters like dirt when she is the most despicable of them all. I wish Rosalee had slapped her.

I wouldn't say she's treating them like dirt, just keeping them at arm's length. But if her reaction to Diana's photo is any indication, the Eve persona is already starting to crumble - probably because Diana is so irrevocably tied with the worst thing Juliette ever did in her life, which was betraying Nick's mother to the royals. (Oh, and getting a few innocent neighbors slaughtered...)

I was wondering why Rosalee didn't slap Juliette myself. After attempting to murder Monroe, I was amazed she didn't try to rip her face off in the middle of the shop, Hexenbiest superpowers be damned. Rolleyes

Yes, I was wondering this myself, she does as she pleases and nobody seems to remember what she did to all of them, I am waiting to see if anyone is Bold or TOUGH enough to stand up to her.Yes granted they are partly responsible to her turning into a Hexen, but again she knew there would be side effects.

Ok on to another point with Eve/Juliette I don't think she is evil or mean she is a fighting machine, she thinks before she acts and man is she deadly.

you guys are missing something- what if she didn't have the hexenbiest but adalind was pregnant and she found out; will she have betrayed nick's mom or be easily influenced by the royals or try to kill nick and adalind( ok mayb adalind yes she could) but she would have been in control of her conscience- i know it looks like i'm defending her but i'm not- i blame her for not been in control of it- we know she's strong so why allow the demon biest to take over her that easily.

it's like zombie nick trying to kill the grimm scooby team just that he never succeeded and adalind joining the royals to get her baby and throwing everybody under the bus but just that she never succeeded but it's only eve/juliette that has succeeded cos she's smarter than the rest.

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - syscrash - 04-26-2016

I see Eve as having no time for social interactions. The type of interactions that would create friends. She has no need for friends. She is on a mission and that is all there is. What I took for the Rosalee and Eve exchange. rosalee is scared of her. but by the end she softens. The comment of "do you have a problem with that which you would think would cause the most fear" is actually the comment that causes Rosalee to realize Eve is a person. Rosalee comment of "if I was Juliette" was not as much of her seeing Juliette inside of Eve. But more of an acknowledgement that there is human emotion inside of Eve.

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - degrimm - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 01:04 PM)syscrash Wrote: I see Eve as having no time for social interactions. The type of interactions that would create friends. She has no need for friends. She is on a mission and that is all there is. What I took for the Rosalee and Eve exchange. rosalee is scared of her. but by the end she softens. The comment of "do you have a problem with that which you would think would cause the most fear" is actually the comment that causes Rosalee to realize Eve is a person. Rosalee comment of "if I was Juliette" was not as much of her seeing Juliette inside of Eve. But more of an acknowledgement that there is human emotion inside of Eve.

you said it better than i would have.Big Grin -- the only problem is if the walls that was put up starts breaking down then there would be a problem; mayb with the old juliette it might realize what she did and commit suicide or the biest controlling juliette in which case a new villain

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - droid327 - 04-27-2016

(04-26-2016, 08:24 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: But frankly it was Nick and Hank's downright dickish behavior towards Monroe that put me off the entire story. The poor guy agreed to being made to smell like Satan's fart, and when he needs a ride home to wash the stink off, they leave him in the lurch.

Not only that, but he's a *dog*. Of all of them, his sense of smell is the strongest, and he still agreed to be the corpse. Even with the noseplug he's likely smelling himself 10 times worse than they're smelling him even from a distance...

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - brandon - 04-29-2016

I consider the attempt not to make the same mistake happened with Juliette.Juliette although not try either to bring the relationship.just saw all negative

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - degrimm - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 07:19 AM)brandon Wrote: I consider the attempt not to make the same mistake happened with Juliette.Juliette although not try either to bring the relationship.just saw all negative

you know it's difficult to have a continued r/ship with someone who doesn't look at you the way he/she does: they will try but u are still stained in their brain; that is y a lover who was presumed dead and comes back to its significant other. yeah all the negatives were there. when nick was a zombie monster her love for him never changed and was even willing to take a punch to get him to feel better.

(04-29-2016, 07:19 AM)brandon Wrote: I consider the attempt not to make the same mistake happened with Juliette.Juliette although not try either to bring the relationship.just saw all negative

you know it's difficult to have a continued r/ship with someone who doesn't look at you the way he/she does: they will try but u are still stained in their brain; that is y a lover who was presumed dead and comes back to its significant other. yeah all the negatives were there. when nick was a zombie monster her love for him never changed and was even willing to take a punch to get him to feel better.