Grimm Forum
S5E18 - Good to the Bone - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E18 - Good to the Bone (/Thread-S5E18-Good-to-the-Bone)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - New Guy - 04-23-2016

Hi Forum Fans,
Grimm Wiki has a page for most of the characters. I find it useful. Here is Zuri's page:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Zuri_Ellis
New Guy

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - syscrash - 04-23-2016

We know Diana was with HW two died when she went mia.
We know Bonapart is a powerful zauberbiest "Conrad Bonaparte neither thinks nor behaves like a villain; he is passionate, committed, powerful, on the right side of history". If I had to say he is the one that provided Eve's hexenbiest training. I am also thinking he was the one taking care of Diana.

Here is the question with Diana. There are preconceived notions about HW and it's methods. Diana was at an HW compound. Do we say how dare they lock up a child. or do we say she is a danger, lock her up until she learns control.

This brings up another point. If they play this as Diana orchestrated this family reunion. Diana could have orchestrated Kelly bringing her to what she thought was to meet her mother. Would explain why Kelly would walk into a trap. Diana may have been the one in control. Diana may have been controlling Kelly for a while. Think about it. Diana orchestrated the illusion to escape from Nicks.

Then their is Adalind. I know there are people who say no matter what. Diana is her daughter and they should be together. The reality is Diana is a child. A child with the power to get what she wants. What she will do is not being evil. It is that her tantrums can be deadly. I can see it now, the but shes her mother she can teach her how to not hurt others.

Here is my opinion. People my find fault with how they think Eve was treated. Considering the out come. Changing someone that was on the war path. To someone that is protecting those fighting against BC. Giving Diana the ability to have that same control might not be a bad option. That being the case. Adalind hard decision might be to assists in getting Diana back to where she can continue to learn to control herself.

If you watch the other episodes wesen do not come into there abilities until adolescent. I would be the same is true for hexenbiest. The reason, having power needs a certain level of maturity. It is hard to control a two year old as it is. Imagine one with super powers. For someone with Diana abilities you would need someone that could counter her abilities. That might be where Conrad comes in.

I could see Adalind put in the position of having to stay close to Diana to stop Sean from using Diana's abilities for his own gains. While working to send Diana back to HW, where she does not want to go. Diana likes being out, and her father letting her use her powers.

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - droid327 - 04-26-2016

Wu makes me cringe whenever he's on screen now. He not only caught Wesenitis, he apparently also caught whatever makes characters stupid and not talk to each other ever. You're spontaneously turning into some kind of animal. You know what Wesen are. You don't think it's somehow related? Maybe talk to Nick? Maybe go see Rosalie for some magic herbal treatment? It's like they're writing him just to make Eve look better by comparison...

Are the parents going to starve now?

Of course Hanks new gf is BC. He needs to just go on match.com and stop trying to find his own, it doesn't go well...

But I think the most telling and meta scene of the whole show was Eves interview with Rosalie...."do you know? Does he know? Does he know you know? Does she know he told you she knows?" Perfectly sums up what's wrong with so much of the show....No one ever just tells their friends what's going on, creating needless and unrealistic drama.

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - brandon - 04-26-2016

with respect to Wu, the do not really know what happens to your body.is his own unconscious.his inner beast.
none of them saw what happened to him.funny to stop the Monroe died there.Nick saying I do not carry in their car.
then as would remove the smell?.as parents I guess Nick and Hank provide them with other cadavers.
I mentioned that it would be a reflection of the Chinese community.the younger son was to take over the care of their parents as they age.Charlie would not have brothers.

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - New Guy - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 05:59 AM)droid327 Wrote: Wu makes me cringe whenever he's on screen now. He not only caught Wesenitis, he apparently also caught whatever makes characters stupid and not talk to each other ever. You're spontaneously turning into some kind of animal. You know what Wesen are. You don't think it's somehow related? Maybe talk to Nick? Maybe go see Rosalie for some magic herbal treatment? It's like they're writing him just to make Eve look better by comparison...

Are the parents going to starve now?

Of course Hanks new gf is BC. He needs to just go on match.com and stop trying to find his own, it doesn't go well...

But I think the most telling and meta scene of the whole show was Eves interview with Rosalie...."do you know? Does he know? Does he know you know? Does she know he told you she knows?" Perfectly sums up what's wrong with so much of the show....No one ever just tells their friends what's going on, creating needless and unrealistic drama.
Hey Droid,
Did you know that I don't know? Actually I do, but I'm going to play dumb. (Dumb is perfect for the Sheikh of Shallow) If you just play dumb then we can wallow in shallow.
Here is the Grimm Wiki Transcript:
Quote:Scene: Rosalee gives instructions to a customer.

Rosalee: Remember to apply it just before bedtime, and be sure to wash your hands before and after you use it.
Customer: Thank you. [He leaves]
Rosalee: [She notices Eve] Eve.
Eve: Adalind has her powers back.
Rosalee: I know.
Eve: How long has she had them back?
Rosalee: I'm not sure. Maybe three or four weeks.
Eve: Does she know you know?
Rosalee: Yes.
Eve: Does Nick know?
Rosalee: Yes.
Eve: Did Adalind tell him?
Rosalee: No.
Eve: You did.
Rosalee: I waited for Adalind to tell him, but she didn't, and I felt I had to.
Eve: Has Nick told Adalind that he knows?
Rosalee: I don't think so.
Eve: You were in the tunnel, weren't you?
Rosalee: Uh, yeah. It wasn't because of you we didn't come out.
Eve: It was because of Adalind. She didn't know you were there. I sensed you; she didn't. She's out of practice, Rosalee. She won't be for long. [She starts to head for the exit]
Rosalee: You threatened her. You said if she did anything to Nick, you'd go after her.
Eve: You have a problem with that?
Rosalee: It's what I would have said...
[Eve leaves]
Rosalee: ...If I was Juliette.
There is a lot of "let's play dumb," but I find Rosalee's final line interesting. She calls FrankenEve "Juliette." So IMO Rosalee does not buy the BS about Juliette is dead. Also she sees FrankenEve as a threat to Kelly's Mother. IMO, FrankenEve is an indiscriminate, amoral killing machine that poses a threat to every character on the show.
New Guy

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - irukandji - 04-26-2016

Maybe Wu's got good reason not to tell Nick. Look at the mess with Juliette. He might be afraid he'll end up even worse if Nick tries to help.

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - Hexenadler - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 05:59 AM)droid327 Wrote: But I think the most telling and meta scene of the whole show was Eves interview with Rosalie...."do you know? Does he know? Does he know you know? Does she know he told you she knows?" Perfectly sums up what's wrong with so much of the show....No one ever just tells their friends what's going on, creating needless and unrealistic drama.

It's hard to tell if the little message behind that scene was intentional or not. These characters are constantly sabotaging each other because the simple act of communication seems to be beyond them.

But frankly it was Nick and Hank's downright dickish behavior towards Monroe that put me off the entire story. The poor guy agreed to being made to smell like Satan's fart, and when he needs a ride home to wash the stink off, they leave him in the lurch. If Monroe really smelled that bad, why would a cab driver be any more willing to let him into his car? It's quite possible Monroe had to walk home between episodes. Just imagine a long, dreary trek through Portland in the middle of the night, practically GLOWING with an odor that peels the paint right off the sides of buildings, every living creature within a five-mile radius (including skunks) packing up and moving to a completely different continent purely to avoid the risk of ever having to smell something like that again. All because you were stupid enough to take one for the team.

If Nick or Hank ever fell into a septic tank and pleaded to Monroe to pull them out, I wouldn't blame him if he were to throw down a taxi company card and quietly walk away.

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - New Guy - 04-26-2016

Hi Hex,
I agree, Nick and Hank were jerks to leave Monroe. They should have stayed with him until a ride home arrived and paid the driver for his services plus a generous tip. I went back to the Grimm Wiki transcript and IMO Rosalee has some guilt also. All that was needed was the scent. It wasn't necessary for Monroe to be sprayed:
Quote:Rosalee: I don't know how you're gonna find an Ossifrage without another body.
Nick: Well, it says here that, "They're attracted to the smell of blood."
Rosalee: Not just the smell of blood; it has to be the scent of imminent death.
Hank: Maybe we can borrow a body from the morgue.
Rosalee: Um, that won't be enough. The victim is gonna have to smell like it's alive.
Nick: So we have to find someone who's alive but dying? How are we gonna do that?
Rosalee: Well, there is something called the Parfum de la Mort; it's the scent of dying. You know, if you get me a body, I could probably make that up.
Monroe: Well, I guess one of us could do it. Any volunteers? [Everyone looks at him] Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no, wait a minute. I've already done this once before.
Rosalee: Well, technically, no, you don't have to ingest anything that's gonna actually risk your life. Sweetie, you just have to lay there and endure the Parfum de la Mort.
Monroe: How bad is it?
Rosalee: It's no worse than certain cheeses.
Monroe: When do you want to do this?
Nick: Tonight.
Monroe likes Halloween. Maybe he should give Nick and Hank special bottles of Parfum de la Mort that spray when they open their treats to find they got tricked.
New Guy

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - degrimm - 04-26-2016

grimm fans i need a answer to this question and please be as objective as you can;
nick slept with adalind knowing fully well she is now an hexenbiest again why? is it cos
1. cos he is in love with her or he loved her more than he love juliette.
2. he just loves sex as he could not differentiate adalind from juliette based on character in S3E22
3.he did not care at all being that his life couldn't get anymore screwed up

RE: S5E18 - Good to the Bone - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-26-2016

It's because he's trying to conceal from her the fact that he knows her hexenbiest has returned and so has to behave the same as he was before he found out.