Grimm Forum
S5E17 - Inugami - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E17 - Inugami (/Thread-S5E17-Inugami)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - syscrash - 04-20-2016

With Nick having so little knowledge of history. It make sense for Monroe to check it out. Nick would have needed Monroe anyways if he had found something. Case in point. With out Monroe he would have never figured out the clues. Then their is Rosalee she has always been inquisitive and not afraid of anything. She is the one the include herself in the expedition. You have a historical tunnel, well built. You have two people who thrive on investigating the unknown. There where itching to see what was down there. monroe being causes was monroe being monroe. Rosalee was full stream ahead lets go see. I do not fault her when she stopped looking after find a chained up corpse. Besides they now know the shaft connect to a well established tunnel. Something with the type of construction as the tunnel is documented somewhere. Plus it has to go somewhere in both directions. No one builds a tunnel to now where.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - irukandji - 04-20-2016

(04-20-2016, 05:35 PM)syscrash Wrote: With Nick having so little knowledge of history. It make sense for Monroe to check it out. Nick would have needed Monroe anyways if he had found something. Case in point. With out Monroe he would have never figured out the clues. Then their is Rosalee she has always been inquisitive and not afraid of anything. She is the one the include herself in the expedition. You have a historical tunnel, well built. You have two people who thrive on investigating the unknown. There where itching to see what was down there. monroe being causes was monroe being monroe. Rosalee was full stream ahead lets go see. I do not fault her when she stopped looking after find a chained up corpse. Besides they now know the shaft connect to a well established tunnel. Something with the type of construction as the tunnel is documented somewhere. Plus it has to go somewhere in both directions. No one builds a tunnel to now where.

Actually, I thought it would have made for a much better story if Nick, Monroe and Rosalee explored the tunnels together.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-20-2016

The tunnels in the Portland Underground (aka, "Shanghai Tunnels") were built before the days of building permits. They were sealed up for many years, and although some sections of the tunnels have been opened up and documented (there are tours), other sections have not been explored. Other than some roughly drawn old maps that almost certainly omit portions that someone wanted to keep secret at the time they were made, there are no other maps.

The fome's location on NW Yeon is a mile from the nearest documented tunnel, so it has to be one of the unknown sections. Plus, that skeleton would not have been left there otherwise.

The more and more I read about the notoriety of the tunnels. the more I think they are being brought up a part of Portland culture and not as much as a plot point. The show has you different Portland landmarks in for nothing else to Make the show Portland. I wonder if the interest in the tours has gone up since Monroe and Rosalee went in there.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-20-2016

They're already a tourist thing. And it's only been five days since they went down there.

Would not surprise me if the tour will include an arrow sign with the word Fome.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - rmp - 04-22-2016

(04-20-2016, 07:55 PM)syscrash Wrote: The more and more I read about the notoriety of the tunnels. the more I think they are being brought up a part of Portland culture and not as much as a plot point.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but I think it's extremely unlikely they won't have a story around those tunnels in the near future.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-22-2016

The biggest mystery to me is how the tunnel Monroe and Rosalee found could be in such good condition compared to the ones on the tour.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - syscrash - 04-22-2016

I was proposing the tunnel might be more to point out a Portland attractions then actually part of the story. It's importance may be no more then what it has been. Something to question, hide the stick, provide a way to spy on a private conversation. They may even use it for Wu during full moons. The mother broke out of her safe room. I don't thank Wu could break through the tunnel door.

RE: S5E17 - Inugami - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-22-2016

If people go on the tour thinking it's going to look like that tunnel, they're going to be really disappointed.