Grimm Forum
S5E16 - The Believer - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E16 - The Believer (/Thread-S5E16-The-Believer)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

S5E16 - The Believer - GrimmForum - 04-08-2016

Season 5 Episode 16
The Believer

[Image: 0JceX4Jl.jpg]

Air Date: April 8, 2016

Synopsis: An evangelical preacher (guest star William Mapother) has a tent revival unlike any other when he uses his Wesen identity to gain more believers. Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) are called to the scene as things escalate when a group of "true believers" are hell bent on saving the preacher and his flock by any means necessary. Meanwhile, Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz) takes further steps to gain power in local government. Elsewhere, Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) uses Adalind's (Claire Coffee) ol' hat trick to gain more access to Black Claw. Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star.

RE: S5E16 - The Believer - Belle - 04-08-2016

OMG!!! Shame on me.
I thought the writers wouldn't have the stones to have Julieve sleep with Rachel while she was transformed into Renard...
Even though they didn't seal the deal, that was some pretty crazy stuff. Like the X rated version of Freaky Friday.

Unfortunately that scene with Rosalee declaring Juliette was no longer in Eve was painfully bad. Their desperation to convince viewers Julieve is someone new is showing. I sincerely hopemthey get rid of her before next season.

RE: S5E16 - The Believer - Kathryn Wooten - 04-08-2016

The funniest thing is that..I knew what EVE/RENARD was going to say afterwards lol That never happen to me before lol...I said it just before they went upstairs Hilarious....well at least she know Renard knows nothing about Black Claw..at least Eve will not suspect Renard as being in bed with black claw (sorry for the pun) lol

However..unless Eve put some memory altering drug /mind control on Rachel..the real Renard is in for a awakening ...learning that he and Rachael was in his bed and could not preform.....Renard will now suspect something from the Scooby doo gang.....because he knows that he could not be in 2 places at the same time. I will assume Racheall is going to blame Renard's odd behavior on nerves

RE: S5E16 - The Believer - SumYungHo - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 07:00 PM)Belle Wrote: Unfortunately that scene with Rosalee declaring Juliette was no longer in Eve was painfully bad. Their desperation to convince viewers Julieve is someone new is showing. I sincerely hope they get rid of her before next season.

Painfully bad and completely unnecessary. It was basically a repeat of the scene between PeEve and Nick in the previous episode.

Episode 15: PeEve. "I don't want you to do anything except tell me where he's going to be."

Episode 16: PeEve, "I'm going to need to know where he is so I can be where he isn't."

There was no need for PeEve and her Helmet Hair to waltz into the spice shop and once again give us information that Nick already knew and that could have easily been delivered with a phone call.

As Juliette, RBF was barely convincing as a human being and as PeEve, she's just a tragically unnecessary annoyance.

RE: S5E16 - The Believer - MANTItotheCore - 04-08-2016

Once we discovered Eve was sucking the hat to become Renard to tirck Dixon, you had to know where the writers were going to go. And, yes, it was hilarious!! I had a George Constanza moment...maybe Eve should have brought some mangoes. Big Grin

RE: S5E16 - The Believer - Belle - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 08:30 PM)SumYungHo Wrote: There was no need for PeEve and her Helmet Hair to waltz into the spice shop and once again give us information that Nick already knew and that could have easily been delivered with a phone call.

As Juliette, RBF was barely convincing as a human being and as PeEve, she's just a tragically unnecessary annoyance.

Yeah, what is Julieve's aversion to cell phones?
She obviously knows how they work and yet her selective use of them would lead one to believe otherwise.

And looking ahead I see another inconsistency. They show Julieve having a showdown with Adalind over Nick in the preview, but if Juliette is completely gone, why is she inserting herself in Nick's personal life?
As someone wise once posted here, "Juliette is a bad penny".
It's time for the helmet hair to go, past time actually.

RE: S5E16 - The Believer - syscrash - 04-08-2016

eve needs Nick as an asset. Just like she saved him at the factory. she wants face to face so she kind evaluate the persons response. She has to be close to manipulate them to not lie.

RE: S5E16 - The Believer - Vance60 - 04-09-2016

(04-08-2016, 07:00 PM)Belle Wrote: OMG!!! Shame on me.
I thought the writers wouldn't have the stones to have Julieve sleep with Rachel while she was transformed into Renard...
Even though they didn't seal the deal, that was some pretty crazy stuff. Like the X rated version of Freaky Friday.

Unfortunately that scene with Rosalee declaring Juliette was no longer in Eve was painfully bad. Their desperation to convince viewers Julieve is someone new is showing. I sincerely hopemthey get rid of her before next season.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but had a good idea where it was going. I have to agree with the declaration "it's not Juliette" (Saw the promo with Rosalee) maybe the writers are also having a hard time with it.

I'm going to find it hard to see her threaten Adalind over Nick if we are to believe she has no emotional ties to to the past. If for arguments sake Juliette had shown remorse i.e said to meisner how sorry she was for Kelly's death etc etc, during the HW brain washing, would her character be more acceptable/believable? (not for me)

RE: S5E16 - The Believer - syscrash - 04-09-2016

Nick is a valuable asset to Eve. That is why she worries about his safty. Like she said the first time she save him, they need you.
I saw Rosalee as it is her turn for the Eve reveal. Like everyone else she calls her Juliette then proclaims that is not Juliette. Unlike everyone else. she shows compassion for what Eve goes through to become Sean. Because we have seen each character meet Eve by now it is old to use.

RE: S5E16 - The Believer - jsgrimm45 - 04-09-2016

I thought the episode was entertaining but didn't move the ball any on the relic or what is happening to Wu. Keeping Renard in the dark about what they know, for now is a good idea, now I would change my mind if he came to them looking of help. Reading some to the cloth was good and bad so what is it?