Grimm Forum
S5E14 - Lycanthropia - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E14 - Lycanthropia (/Thread-S5E14-Lycanthropia)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - irukandji - 03-28-2016

(03-28-2016, 09:48 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-28-2016, 05:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: I watched the scene again, and again, and again. Hard scene to follow because it went so fast. Js you are correct. Wu fired both shots. Nick and Hank had their guns drawn. There is an inconsistency in the episode. You probably saw it. Someone fired three shots and then shouted out. It had to be either Nick or Hank since they were the only other two with guns. Apparently the word was given to kill her no matter what. Sad really. I would have liked to have seen Grimm do something completely 180 and try to save her.

She had already killed two civilians, and Rosalee said there was no cure to be found. Even if no one had fired, odds are she would have been kept under lock and key for the rest of her life, which wouldn't really be much of a life at all.

I can't help thinking this show has often displayed a very fatalistic attitude toward Wesen. The mother's story arc was pretty much an abbreviated version of Juliette's.

It's the price they pay for being wesen and being forced to stay hidden isn't it? There's no way their diseases can be researched.

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - Hexenadler - 03-28-2016

(03-28-2016, 09:55 AM)irukandji Wrote: It's the price they pay for being wesen and being forced to stay hidden isn't it? There's no way their diseases can be researched.

That's one way to look at it. I'm starting to wonder if being a Hexenbiest is akin to having some kind of mental illness, which could possibly be treated by the right type of medication...if only Wesen were public knowledge.

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - syscrash - 03-28-2016

Quote:I can't help thinking this show has often displayed a very fatalistic attitude toward Wesen. The mother's story arc was pretty much an abbreviated version of Juliette's.
I also got the feeling this story was a way of letting us see what was going on in Nick mind set. To let us remember Nick still feels he should have killed her. All of this to make the Nick and Adalind dilemma even more conflicted.

This makes me wonder what's going to happen to Wu.

(03-28-2016, 10:27 AM)irukandji Wrote: This makes me wonder what's going to happen to Wu.

I'm sure Rosalee will be given the "extra incentive" to create a cure if Wu pulls a Lon Chaney Jr. Otherwise, Nick and the gang will have another human-turned-Wesen problem on their hands.

(03-28-2016, 10:37 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-28-2016, 10:27 AM)irukandji Wrote: This makes me wonder what's going to happen to Wu.

I'm sure Rosalee will be given the "extra incentive" to create a cure if Wu pulls a Lon Chaney Jr. Otherwise, Nick and the gang will have another human-turned-Wesen problem on their hands.

Was there even a reason Rosalee had to go with them into the woods?I thought Nick bringing Monroe was a stretch. Certainly Portland PD has a canine unit. But in my opinion, there was no necessity for Rosalee.

(03-28-2016, 10:48 AM)irukandji Wrote: Was there even a reason Rosalee had to go with them into the woods?I thought Nick bringing Monroe was a stretch. Certainly Portland PD has a canine unit. But in my opinion, there was no necessity for Rosalee.

Maybe they had to justify Bree Turner's paycheck for this episode by giving her more screen time, even if the scene didn't need her character?

(03-28-2016, 11:01 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-28-2016, 10:48 AM)irukandji Wrote: Was there even a reason Rosalee had to go with them into the woods?I thought Nick bringing Monroe was a stretch. Certainly Portland PD has a canine unit. But in my opinion, there was no necessity for Rosalee.

Maybe they had to justify Bree Turner's paycheck for this episode by giving her more screen time, even if the scene didn't need her character?

Apparently the spice shop must have been slow that day. I have been noticing lately that Rosalee has not been featured to her best advantage. I really liked how the show brought her in as the research and development person. Now she's stuck with trainee store stocker Adalind, or riding along with the boys since she seems to have nothing better to do.

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - jsgrimm45 - 03-28-2016

This also was another week where Nick wasn't a Grimm like the old days. Why are they playing the Grimm part of the series down? Yes we had a wesen problem but the Scooby's did more than Nick. We see Eve doing more about the BC thing also did you see her tell Hank and Nick they didn't need to know that was the problem last time when BC killed Dixon. Than what did Meisner think was going to happen if Renard didn't know they wanted to track him back. Why is HW keeping info out of the hands of people who could have helped. Why this change?

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - brandon - 03-28-2016

to me what I think is not very truthful when for truck.I not think I've ever seen.
it would have been a better scene if Doyle had been beside the road.
perhaps with Wu should use the stick.