Grimm Forum
S5E14 - Lycanthropia - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E14 - Lycanthropia (/Thread-S5E14-Lycanthropia)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

S5E14 - Lycanthropia - GrimmForum - 03-25-2016

Season 5 Episode 14
Lycanthropia

[Image: 3CdeF30l.jpg]

Air Date: March 25, 2016

Synopsis: Following a brutal attack in the woods, Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) stumble upon a terrifying Wesen disease that may be the inspiration for the modern-day werewolf myth. Meanwhile, Adalind (Claire Coffee) is offered an uneasy alliance that may help her get back what she wants most. Elsewhere, Eve's (Bitsie Tulloch) investigation uncovers a surprising revelation. Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star.

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - Vance60 - 03-26-2016

Disappointing episode for me. I'm beginning to wonder if the writers know anything other than keeping secrets and weak deception. Adalind hiding the return of her power from Nick, this again, really? Maybe they should rename the episodes "deja vu S4"

Sean playing with Adalinds emotions about Nick and Diana, with their history together, are we to believe she doesn't see what he is doing?

Let's see if Wu mentions the scratch to the scoobies.

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - JoeTundra - 03-26-2016

I am one of those who is quite tired of the Wesen of the Week. I think the wesen war has a lot of potential for some great story lines. The problem is that it keeps losing traction to these silly one off stories.

They were a great idea for the first few seasons to establish the concept but now we are all at one with the idea of wesen and it's time to tie up some knots and move ahead with bigger story lines.

The last two episodes have been especially weak and even the cast seems to be phoning it in.

Nick has the piece of wood....no doubt a chunk of the Cross, and besides healing, what other powers does it have? Presumably, it will give Nick something more than super hearing because for a big, tough Grimm, he sure does get he butt beat up a lot.

Once again, Nick's bedmate is a beast...and once again it's a secret. That's another cheap plot line...played for suspense for its own sake. The problem is...it feels like it's been done before....because it has. Time for everyone to just fess up and move on....and bring Adalind into their cabal....especially since that is one of the more entertaining characters.

At the moment, for every interesting move Grimm makes, they lose all of their momentum by trying to create suspense in their 'war' plot line. Instead, they are increasingly in danger of losing their audience.

Enough spinning the wheels. Time to gain some traction and get moving.

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - jsgrimm45 - 03-26-2016

We didn't gain anything that moved the plotline or should I say little. We do know that Rachel had the poster 4 day before Dixon death. We know the tunnel door is now open and there is a ladder going down on the right side of the pit. I think we learn why Adalind dad left, her mother put him out.

I had hopes for last night wasn't met.

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - Kathryn Wooten - 03-26-2016

there is more..Eve is the most powerful Hexenbeist.., why not read Renard's mind???instead making a assumption that Renard knew about what was going to happen to Dixon..She could gotten that info and knew if he was telling the truth, when she popped in for a little chat in his car...notice he has the push button cars you just use your finger print..this car is new he didn't have it last year......he was still using car keys.

I think we can assume (I know don't say assume) that Wu now is infected will they use the artifact to cure him? Or will the artifact change him into a Blutbad showing us how the wesen may have been created? Was that why the knight hide it?

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - irukandji - 03-26-2016

I didn't find this to be the best of the Grimm episodes, although I liked the idea of a wesen disease being investigated. It seems Nick is back to his old habit of contaminating crime scenes. I thought it weird that this was a wesen disease, yet Wu who is human started experiencing symptoms? Probably so they can try the stick out.

And speaking of the stick, I don't get Nick leaving it in the bag conspicuous on the table, then getting up in the middle of the night and sneaking around to hide it. With his track record, he shouldn't be hiding anything.

While I like the wesen of the week episodes, I have really been looking forward to this Black Claw story arc. What happened to the dreaded message that humanity was about to be wiped out? Seems no one is all that worried.

It will really surprise me if Grimm makes it to season six. It is really plodding along.

I was giving them last week as a setup episode but two weeks in roll doesn't make sense. What did we learn for the episode that advance the story. Eve is how has told Nick and Hank who told Monroe and Rosalee about Rachel knowing before hand that Dixon was to be kill and Rachel was BC. So now the scooby's know that Renard may be linked to BC. That was a good setup one of the few.

The relic will have something to do with Wu. Ok I'll take that. Adalind now is tick off at Meisner so those who thought her and Meisner might have a thing I think that can be dropped. So now it is either Sean or Nick or no one. So maybe that move the ball some.

Things that didn't move anything where is LBB, what in now down the ladder we got the door open to a new problem (I still think there is something there). Nothing on Alexander, no even a question. Nothing on Tony.

Hoping some they start to connect the dots as we have many to connect.

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - panther19 - 03-26-2016

I know the episodes are already written but I am getting tired of
the crime of the week taking up most of the hour. The story lines -
HW vs BC; what will Renard do; Adalind's powers and future; more
powers of the artifact; Eve doing something about Rachel; where is
Diana; and the latest, what's happening with Wu. Will we have to
wait till Ep. 19 The Taming of the Wu to find out??? I hope not.
The weekly police work should now be secondary to the interesting
and exciting plot lines which have been created. Angel

RE: S5E14 - Lycanthropia - wfmyers1207 - 03-26-2016

Unlike some of you I rather enjoyed this episode. It was one where they covered quite a bit of info without making it feel rushed.

Some points as they occurred in the episode:

There is a ladder going down into the shaft behind the door. A shaft over 1,000 feet deep. Now why the hell did someone put that there? Dodgy

The meeting between Adalind and Sean was rather cold. She was not taking any of his bullsh%^ or buying any of his 'oh so suave' crap! Good for her. Smile It also made me wonder if (as others have noted on other threads) the sex scene Sasha Roiz talked about at C2E2 may be between him and Eve as Adalind.

There is one thing about that conversation. Sean told Adalind that LBB was with the Laufer. But, when they were in his office, Meisner only said that 'she was with friends'. He did not specifically mention the Laufer.

Could be that HW has her stashed somewhere. This had me thinking. Does Renard know about HW? I don't recall him having any direct dealings or conversations with anyone about HW. He saw Eve at that factory ambush, but none of the crew knew about HW at the time. And I don't recall Meisner mentioning HW during either of their conversations. Either at the hospital or in Sean's office. He used generic terms like 'we' and 'friends'. Could be that Renard simply assumed he was talking about the Laufer. Dodgy

The shipping label and poster didn't tell the audience anything it didn't already know. At least Nick and Hank are starting to get some hints about what Renard may be up to. The possibility still exists that he may be a double agent. IMO that's looking like a slimmer chance each episode though.

Finally, there is a serious inconsistency in the episode, even by Grimm standards. About 23:40 minutes into the episode, Monroe and Rosalee tell Nick and Hank that lycanthropy is specific to blutbaden and is "transmitted as a recessive trait". That indicates that the disease is genetic, not the result of being infected by a microorganism. How could a genetic disease be transmitted to Wu? Dodgy

So, either the writer's really screwed up (which is a real possibility);

OR

**GASP**Monroe and Rosalee were wrong! Oh, no!! Huh