Grimm Forum
Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her (/Thread-Did-Juliette-understand-that-Kelly-might-be-killed-or-did-Kenneth-fool-her)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her - jsgrimm45 - 03-09-2016

This has became a hot debate.

RE: Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her - wfmyers1207 - 03-09-2016

Look, I know that this subject has been debated ad nauseam here on the Forum. But, I can't see how Juliette could have NOT known what the intentions of Kenneth and the werrat were.

Did she think that information she gave them was a prep for a party? She HAD to know what they were going to do. Because, there was no other reasonable reason they would have wanted that information.

RE: Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her - syscrash - 03-09-2016

I would need something that talked of the body. or talk of what happens after Kelly is eliminated. or a case where getting Diana could only be achieved by Killing Kelly.None of these where even eluded to. So no I don't think you can assume Juliette considered murder was part of the objective.

Even the show realized this and wanted to clear the air. They did this by running the exact same mission back to back, showing different solutions.
Quote:Did she think that information she gave them was a prep for a party? She HAD to know what they were going to do. Because, there was no other reasonable reason they would have wanted that information.
Kenneth invaded the home with armed men, captured their target. Fall out they killed everyone.
Chavez invaded the home with armed men, captured their target, Fall out they incapacitated everyone.
(the other reasonable reason and solution)
This shows murder was not a given in accomplishing the objective.

RE: Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her - irukandji - 03-09-2016

The bigger question on my mind is why Kelly was stupid enough to walk into an obvious trap.

RE: Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her - Jizam - 03-09-2016

While im sure they never flat out told her they were going to kill Kelly. She never actually inquired about their plans for Kelly anyways. And she hid upstairs the entire time so I'm pretty sure she had an idea of what was going to happen.

Though I'm guessing she was hoping if it went that way, they would just get rid of any evidence and be done and gone. Don't think she anticipated the head in the box, and ambush attempt on Nick.

RE: Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her - syscrash - 03-09-2016

Quote:The bigger question on my mind is why Kelly was stupid enough to walk into an obvious trap.

That is the million dollar question. The show builds up a character as a super Grimm but eliminate her likes shes a beginner. We know the actress was leaving so yes dying is an easy exit. But how they did it. Seems more as revenge against the actress. Maybe her not will to help make an exit. But how does bashing the character punish the actor. On of the biggest on set fights was Shannen Doherty on Charmed. Yet they gave her a graceful exit. So why the Kelly exit I have no explanation.

RE: Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her - jsgrimm45 - 03-09-2016

One could agree or disagree on Kelly but how about Nick death being order with Juliette in the car. So if Diana was the only quest they have her so why Nick?

RE: Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her - irukandji - 03-09-2016

(03-09-2016, 06:31 PM)syscrash Wrote: That is the million dollar question. The show builds up a character as a super Grimm but eliminate her likes shes a beginner. We know the actress was leaving so yes dying is an easy exit. But how they did it. Seems more as revenge against the actress. Maybe her not will to help make an exit.

That is an extremely interesting thought! Good post.

Quote:One could agree or disagree on Kelly but how about Nick death being order with Juliette in the car. So if Diana was the only quest they have her so why Nick?

Whats the point. In the car Juliette realized they wanted to kill Nick. What does that have to do with the plan to get Diana. How does what they talk about in the car, have to do with what they planned in the hotel. To be more exact how does change what Juliette knew. Once in the car, yes she could have filled in that the plan was to kill Kelly. But the is knowledge after the fact.

Example we rob a bank. One of the member says they shot a guard. How does that imply the rest of us knew they where going to shot the guard. Yes we would all go to jail for the guards death. But that does not mean it was premeditated on or part. The charge would be accessory after the fact.

Quote:While im sure they never flat out told her they were going to kill Kelly. She never actually inquired about their plans for Kelly anyways. And she hid upstairs the entire time so I'm pretty sure she had an idea of what was going to happen.

Though I'm guessing she was hoping if it went that way, they would just get rid of any evidence and be done and gone. Don't think she anticipated the head in the box, and ambush attempt on Nick.

Why wouldn't Juliette think Kenneth would use Chavez's approach. Incapacitate Kelly get the kid and be gone, leaving no evidence. I do not see why people see murder as a given. Especially when the show gives us another option.

RE: Did Juliette understand that Kelly might be killed or did Kenneth fool her - Hexenadler - 03-09-2016

I'm inclined to think "Hexenette" simply lied to herself about what the Royals were going to do with Kelly. It was a comfortable little self-delusion that crumbled around her ears when she overheard Kelly's screams. She realized she wasn't in danger of becoming Adalind any more; she was now something WORSE than Adalind, and had turned her life to excrement. That realization was so all-consuming, she had to psychologically retreat behind the "Eve" persona to remain functional.