Grimm Forum
Keys - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Keys (/Thread-Keys)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-27-2021

(12-27-2021, 01:44 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Where do you get that the knights made the keys to honor their employers? I never heard anything like that.

I'm not the first to theorize here. But you tell me. Why did the knights make 7 keys for 1 treasure? Because according to Kelly, the legend was that there were 7 keys.

(12-27-2021, 01:44 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It was specifically stated that the grimms made seven keys.

No, Kelly said that the legend has it that there are 7 keys. For that matter, no one actually proved that there were 7 keys.

RE: Keys - N_grimm - 12-27-2021

(12-27-2021, 01:50 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 01:44 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Where do you get that the knights made the keys to honor their employers? I never heard anything like that.

I'm not the first to theorize here. But you tell me. Why did the knights make 7 keys for 1 treasure? Because according to Kelly, the legend was that there were 7 keys.

(12-27-2021, 01:44 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It was specifically stated that the grimms made seven keys.

No, Kelly said that the legend has it that there are 7 keys. For that matter, no one actually proved that there were 7 keys.
There were seven keyholes - do you need more proof?

(12-27-2021, 01:53 PM)N_grimm Wrote: There were seven keyholes - do you need more proof?

Nick opened it with five keys. And that still doesn't prove there were 7 keys and only 7 keys. At last count there were 9.

(12-27-2021, 01:54 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 01:53 PM)N_grimm Wrote: There were seven keyholes - do you need more proof?

Nick opened it with five keys. And that still doesn't prove there were 7 keys and only 7 keys. At last count there were 9.
Why should 7 knights make a box with seven keyholes and then make more keys? It is totally illogical. There was no count. Renard relied on some myth that the royals at one time had a certain number of keys.

(12-27-2021, 02:02 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Why should 7 knights make a box with seven keyholes and then make more keys? It is totally illogical. There was no count. Renard relied on some myth that the royals at one time had a certain number of keys.

And yet, we have 9 keys. The theory that Renard relied on some myth holds no water and is just something you made up.

(12-27-2021, 02:06 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 02:02 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Why should 7 knights make a box with seven keyholes and then make more keys? It is totally illogical. There was no count. Renard relied on some myth that the royals at one time had a certain number of keys.

And yet, we have 9 keys. The theory that Renard relied on some myth holds no water and is just something you made up.
According to Renard there were 7 keys. He told Nick the royals had 4, but Nick got 5 in the end so that can not be true. How can Renard know the royals have 4 when he also claimed there are 7 in total? So your logic is: Renard was wrong, so he must be right? It’s logical that Renard did not have correct information about how many keys the royals had, since he was talking about something that happened over a period of more than 600 years. Everything else in show, including Renard's own story, supports that there were 7 keys in total. In the same conversation, Renard said his family would be happier if he had never been born – yet, you believe they would have shown Renard proof of how any keys they really had?. Your story goes against everything, even the conversation Nick had with Renard that you are basing your conspiracy theory about nine keys on. Here is a link to the whole conversation between Nick and Renard:

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-27-2021

We do not "have" nine keys. The most keys we actually know for a fact have survived through the centuries (and are real) is five. Even the sixth and seventh keys could have been long ago destroyed.

Renard's account to Nick could have been false. Or it could have been out of date. It's not as if he was on the mailing list for royal families' Christmas newsletters.

(12-27-2021, 03:11 PM)N_grimm Wrote: According to Renard there were 7 keys. He told Nick the royals had 5, but Nick got 5 in the end so that can not be true. How can Renard know the royals have 5 when he also claimed there are 7 in total? So your logic is: Renard was wrong, so he must be right? It’s logical that Renard did not have correct information about how many keys the royals had, since he was talking about something that happened over a period of more than 600 years. Everything else in show, including Renard's own story, supports that there were 7 keys in total. In the same conversation, Renard said his family would be happier if he had never been born – yet, you believe they would have shown Renard proof of how any keys they really had?. Your story goes against everything, even the conversation Nick had with Renard that you are basing your conspiracy theory about nine keys on.

No I didn't listen to your video, I think it's ridiculous to clog up the forum with unnecessary bandwidth. I'd rather you tell me the transcript and I'll look it up myself.

So now, you believe Renard when he says his family would be happier had he not been born, yet you disbelieve him when he says the royals have four keys?

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-27-2021

BTW, in the clip Renard tells Nick the royals have four keys, not five.

We know that Nick ended up with five keys, and that they were genuine because they worked in the locks. If there are any more than two remaining keys, only two of them are real and the rest would be fakes.

In world where there are people bringing counterfeit tea caddies to the Antiques Roadshow, counterfeit grimm keys are probably inevitable.

(12-27-2021, 03:19 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: BTW, in the clip Renard tells Nick the royals have four keys, not five.
It was a typo I noticed before I saw your comment, but thanks anyway.