Grimm Forum
Keys - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Keys (/Thread-Keys)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Keys - N_grimm - 12-27-2021

[quote='irukandji' pid='77690' dateline='1640569030']
I recall several posters stating that it would take more than one person to defeat a Grimm. I myself have always figured that Kenneth was just being smart. If Kelly would have enlisted Nick's help, there would have been the scoobies (and possibly the wesen that Nick helped) to defeat Kenneth and the verrat. As it was, only Kelly and Diana showed up, and Kelly apparently was no match for Kenneth and the verrat. I think Kenneth himself voiced his disappointment to Nick.

Well, the hole point what that Kelly trusted Juliette and believed Nick was in danger. Kenneth had an army of Verrat with him. He later gave the same group the order to kill Nick, Hank and Trubel.
Rispoli: Burkhardt is in the house.
Kenneth: kill him.
Rispoli: He's not alone. There are two people with him.
Kenneth: Doesn't matter, kill them all.

Nick: I'm going back.
Hank: Hold on. There's more people out there. It'd be suicide.
Trubel: Yeah, he's right, we got to keep moving, Nick.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-27-2021

I think the the whole point is that some Grimms seem to be on the gullible side. Kelly believed Juliette and ended up getting killed for not thinking things through. Nick wanted the unknown, and jimmied his way into it. He also did not think things through and ended up releasing a monster.

(12-27-2021, 10:13 AM)irukandji Wrote: I think the the whole point is that some Grimms seem to be on the gullible side. Kelly believed Juliette and ended up getting killed for not thinking things through. Nick wanted the unknown, and jimmied his way into it. He also did not think things through and ended up releasing a monster.
If you think “Grimms seem to be on the gullible side” is the hole point, I wonder what kind of story-line you would have wanted. The new tv-show Grimm: "a man finds out he is a monster hunter in a world filled with supernatural beings and magic, but refuses to face the unknown, and continues to live his life as if nothing has changed. He loses his powers and does not want them back. He finds a map leading him to an unknown treasure that people have been searching for for centuries, but refuse to go on a discovery. Then the creatures organize to take over the world, but our hero is not interested. He has left Portland with his girlfriend. The end". .

And never once did Nick ever question why there were 7 keys.

(12-27-2021, 11:02 AM)irukandji Wrote: And never once did Nick ever question why there were 7 keys.
Yes, he did. It was clarified why there were seven keys. Nick also talked to Adalind about why it was unlikely that the Grimms would have dug down something too dangerous for future generations to find.
Adalind: What if what they buried is something evil, something they never wanted found, and for good reason?
Nick: Well, then they wouldn't have made a map. They would have just destroyed it.
Adalind: What if it couldn't be destroyed?
Nick: Then they would have just buried it.

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-27-2021

Until Kelly told Nick the story of the seven grimms he had no idea what the key even was. But seven grimms each taking a key doesn't seem like it needs any further explanation?

I question whether the grimms never wanted the stick to be found. If that were the case, they would have just sealed it up in something that couldn't be opened at all and dropped it into the sea (they knew about concrete and boats in the 12th century). No, they put it in a chest with keys that had a map to its location, so they obviously intended to get together someday and go back to dig it up again.

(12-27-2021, 11:26 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Until Kelly told Nick the story of the seven grimms he had no idea what the key even was. But seven grimms each taking a key doesn't seem like it needs any further explanation?

Look, I am questioning the reason behind having 7 keys. Why does sarcasm have to come into it? At least try to understand my position instead of dumbing it down like it's not pertinent.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic. The grimms made seven keys, each of which had only a part of the map that led back to what was hidden. The intent is obvious enough be a cliche: to ensure that what was hidden can only be accessed if all seven keyholders agree to get together and go back for it. Except in the 12th century they didn't foresee a future in which people who weren't royal cartographers might have a map of the Black Forest and there would be someone handy enough to pick multiple locks at the same time.

I guess a poor explanation is better than none. Now let me provide some background on the keys. According to Kelly, the legend has it that there are 7 keys. Forged by the knights who fought for the 7 royal families. They made a map, cut it into 7 pieces and gave each knight a key. Supposedly there's a treasure along with something that could control the world.

While you mention that the intent is obvious to be a cliche, it in reality is not because 7 keys were not made. At least 9 keys that we know of were made. 

Furthermore, I still haven't read the reason why the knights would make keys to honor their employers and then hide the treasure from them. It's obvious to me that these knights had no idea what they were hiding, so why they thought it would control the world doesn't make sense.

It was specifically stated that the grimms made seven keys. What we know is that at one time the royals had four of them (or, at least, they claimed to have four, Renard never said that he had actually seen them) and they were trying to get the other three. And then Nick ends up with five. Which could mean that somewhere along the way the grimms managed to regain two of the four the royals had. Or it could mean that someone counterfeited a couple of keys. That could have been grimms creating phony keys as decoys, or it could have been royals creating them to enhance their positions among the other royals. We just know that the five keys Nick ended up with actually worked in the chest (and how lucky were they that they didn't have to play musical keys to figure out which key worked which lock?)

Where do you get that the knights made the keys to honor their employers? I never heard anything like that.