Grimm Forum
Keys - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Keys (/Thread-Keys)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-26-2021

I assume so. It takes years just to become an FBI agent. And Steward wasn't just a human corrupted by the verrat, he was a hunjager. I looked at the scene where he first appears, he gets a call from Ruspoli and Viktor and he already knows who Renard is. And when the camera shows his phone in his hand, he doesn't have a verrat tattoo. So I'm thinking that Steward was some kind of "deep cover" verrat who may originally have been put there just to keep an eye on Renard and send reports to Eric about him, and wasn't used for anything else until Viktor took over and called on him to help acquire Diana.

I wonder, if Eric hadn't been killed, would he have wanted to get Diana the way Viktor did? Or would he have seen her as another offshoot of Renard's part hexenbiest illegitimate branch of the family tree and had pregnant Adalind killed the moment he realized she was carrying Renard's offspring?

RE: Keys - N_grimm - 12-26-2021

The royals could have been looking for Marie, and in the process found out that her sister's son was worked for Renard. That’s probably why they approached Renard and wanted him to get the key. Renard could not have known that Nick was a Grimm until Nick himself found out. However, he must have known that Marie was a Grimm, and suspected that Nick was too. I assume the royals did the same. Then Adalind saw Nick and must have told Renard. He could have told the royals, or simply rumours of a Grimm in Portland began to circulate, and the royals were able to put two and two together.
From 1x17 (Love Sick):
Renard: What do you want?
Unknown cousin: It's not just me, cousin. It's the family. We're very concerned. Things are not moving the way that they should be. So the choices are, give us the key or we will take the Grimm and find it ourselves. We're tired of waiting.
Renard: What do you think I've been doing all this time? Playing croquet? Some of us actually put some thought into what we do before we do it.
Unknown cousin: No one is interested in excuses anymore. We want answers, cousin. We want action.

I think this is a plot remnant from the original series format in which grimm powers were passed on when a grimm dies. If Renard knew who Nick's family was and knew about the Kessler sisters, then he would have been trying to groom Nick on the chance that he would eventually inherit powers. Maybe all the royals knew Marie was a grimm who had the Kessler family key and the Kronenbergs had persuaded the other families that it would be safer to wait until she passed and it went to Nick than trying to take on a grimm so notorious that even a blutbad clock repair guy in Oregon knew who she was.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-26-2021

This presents yet another real problem in the series. These Grimms are content to become outrageously notorious and at the same time keep their birth names. Why not take on a different identity?

Only reason I can think of is to build up such a frightening reputation that everyone runs away at the mere mention of their name and they don't have to actually kill a lot.

But if that's the case, why aren't the royals afraid of them then?

RE: Keys - N_grimm - 12-26-2021

(12-26-2021, 04:29 PM)irukandji Wrote: But if that's the case, why aren't the royals afraid of them then?
The royals do not handle Grimms, they send The Verrat, who probably will be executed if they are not loyal. Kenneth was terrified, he needed an entire neighbourhood of armed wesen to attack one single Grimm.

I recall several posters stating that it would take more than one person to defeat a Grimm. I myself have always figured that Kenneth was just being smart. If Kelly would have enlisted Nick's help, there would have been the scoobies (and possibly the wesen that Nick helped) to defeat Kenneth and the verrat. As it was, only Kelly and Diana showed up, and Kelly apparently was no match for Kenneth and the verrat. I think Kenneth himself voiced his disappointment to Nick.

Kelly was lured in by a message from Juliette that Nick was in danger. You would think picking up a phone and calling Nick's number would've been a good thing to try before running in.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-27-2021

(12-26-2021, 09:41 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Kelly was lured in by a message from Juliette that Nick was in danger. You would think picking up a phone and calling Nick's number would've been a good thing to try before running in.

Kelly also believed the keys held a powerful treasure, powerful enough to rule the world. But the only thing she was basing that on was a ancient, torn page. I can't recall anyone else elaborating on what might be at the opening end of these keys. Apparently these people don't speculate. Take Adalind, for example. She goes after the key and doesn't even ask what it's all about.