Grimm Forum
Keys - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Keys (/Thread-Keys)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-19-2021

I would say that both parents of a young child getting themselves killed unnecessarily is something short of successful parenting. If Marie was able to walk away from the grimm life to raise Nick, why couldn't Kelly just tell whoever wanted her to take those coins, "sorry, no, I have a kid now?"

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-20-2021

I don't know. More than that, I question Kelly's judgment in passing Nick off to Marie in the first place. Unless Marie was some kind of hiding in plain sight expert, I would think being with her would be easily more dangerous. She was known.

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-20-2021

My impression of the flashback scene was that Reed taking off with Gina and Nick going with Marie were last-minute moves decided on after they realized that someone had "betrayed" them. I don't think they expected Marie to end up raising Nick to adulthood.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-21-2021

Knowing the dangerous lives these Grimms live, I very much doubt Kelly would leave those stones unturned. Even if she was living in the remotest part of Alaska, she had to figure someone was going to come after her one day. She would have talked to Marie about taking Nick if that day were to occur. The thing that interests me about this whole backstory is why Kimura and gang didn't attack them all at once at Kelly's house. Instead, Reed and Gina go off in a car, and then crash.

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-21-2021

I presume that Kelly found out they were coming and tried to get Reed, Gina and Nick out of the house because she thought the attack would take place there. Obviously, she was wrong about that. It really didn't make sense to have separate escape plans for her husband and her child (she told Nick that Gina was visiting, so I don't think she was a regular member of their household). Should have packed everybody into Marie's vehicle and left together, with two grimms as defense.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-21-2021

It certainly sounds like Kelly was Grimming and raising Nick at the same time.

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-21-2021

And considering how it went, I think she wasn't doing a very good job at either.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-23-2021

(12-21-2021, 10:45 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: And considering how it went, I think she wasn't doing a very good job at either.

That brings up a question in my mind. Do you think Grimms are judged by other Grimms?

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-23-2021

I don't think we saw anything on the series that told us whether they even know each other exist, except through some sort of rumor mill. Kelly said she was selected to guard the keys, but who made that decision? No idea. The only people we ever knew she interacted with other than Nick and his circle of acquaintences was the resistance, who hired her to get Adalind out of Europe. And from Renard's meet with them, they didn't seem to have any other grimms on their side.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-23-2021

Marie seemed to have more of a reputation, Monroe knew of her, but how did that happen? An interesting note about Monroe. I was looking at some dialogue when he watched over Marie at the hospital. This is some of the conversation between him and Marie:

"You people murdered my grandfather. The Grimms burned down his farm, cut off his head, his hands, and his feet."

Apparently there were multiple Grimms working together to destroy wesen?