Grimm Forum
Keys - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Keys (/Thread-Keys)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-15-2021

Only reason I can think of for the keys would be if the knights intended to go back for their treasure sometime. Could be they had their own plans for world domination?

Marie knew Kelly was alive, but we don't know if the sisters were communicating. Maybe Nick gets the trailer because Marie knows Kelly is alive, but not where she is or how to reach her or because her life on the run means she has no home base to hide a trailer and hauling it around is impractical.

With the original "passing the grimm as you die" scenario, Marie would have brought the trailer to Nick because she knew he was going to grimm up as she died and he'd need it because she wouldn't be there to train him in person.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-15-2021

Marie would have had to have known that Nick couldn't learn on his own. I think she passed the trailer and contents to him because it would be a boring story arc indeed if he didn't have a few cool things to look at as well as diaries full of hand drawn monsters. I think she hoped someone would come along to assist him in being a Grimm. (tada) Enter Monroe, a wesen who knows just enough about being a Grimm.

I really am personally glad the creators didn't push the "when one Grimm dies, it opens a door for a new Grimm" angle. It is a nonsense angle that has no bearing on the series.

Offhand, I'm thinking that since Marie knew Kelly was really alive, she figured that she'd give Nick the trailer to keep safe, try to convince him to break up with Juliette and eventually Kelly would reveal herself to him.

I have wondered if Marie and Kelly had a falling out some time after Marie took over care of Nick and that's the reason why Kelly never came back. Marie may have been angry over the issue of Kelly not being able to give up being a Grimm for family, like she did, which is my assumption. I believe that Marie did not Grimm on the side while raising Nick, but Kelly did because she had Reed as a stand-in, and maybe her friend Gina as well. Nick did refer to Marie as "like a mother" to him. 

While the series never showed it, I assume Nick was placed in charge of Marie's affairs at her death. In addition to the trailer and key, he may have been the beneficiary of perhaps a life insurance plan that Marie carried.

I don't think we ever heard Marie or Kelly talk about the other, except for Kelly telling Nick that Marie knew she was alive. Their ghosts didn't appear to display any hostility toward each other in the finale, though.

Nick never had a clue that either his mother or his aunt were doing anything unusual when he was growing up, so if they did any grimming they must have been pretty stealthy about it.

I always figured that Nick had assets beyond his and Juliette's incomes to be able to afford a house in Portland's Alberta District. Marie might have held insurance from his parents' "accidental deaths" in NY and/or selling their home (though she might also have been sending funds to Kelly all those years) and she might have had insurance, savings and property of her own that went to him.

Their ghosts did not show any hostility toward one another. On the other hand, I didn't notice any affection for one another either. 

I don't think Marie did any Grimming while she raised Nick. I also think she probably was one of those Grimms who sought out a place with little to no wesen so she could raise Nick with no suspicions about her past. I can't say the same for Kelly. It's just a feeling I get that she was probably Grimming while raising Nick. I think that's probably the reason why Kimura found her so easily. An interesting thing about Kelly. She tells Nick she hoped it was another Grimm holding the coins and seemed to be concerned when she found out it was Nick. 

Now, I can't say for certain on this, but it sounds to me like there are other Grimms around in the U.S. At least Kelly thinks so and she must be basing that on some kind of intel. So going back to Rolek and Josh, why Rolek would send Josh cross country to Nick seems unusual to say the least. It also seems that Rolek had no idea what the key was for, otherwise I think he would have taken greater precautions with it. Apparently he must have told someone somewhere that he had it. There would be no other way that wesen would know about it otherwise.

Pretty sure Kelly wasn't totally hiding out, or else she wouldn't have agreed to accept the job of guarding the Coins of Zakynthos.

The series only tells us about the descendants of seven grimms, and Nebosja's book only documents seven families. We know there were others, because one of the books recounts an encounter a grimm had with someone Asian who had grimm abilities. So there could have been any number of grimms in the world who were not part of the "seven grimm families" club. Some of them could potentially even have been working for the royals.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-16-2021

I don't think Kelly was hiding out while she had Nick. I think she was Grimming on the side and used Reed and Gina to take care of Nick while she was doing her Grimm duties. Kelly, in my opinion, is the Grimm who isn't able to stop being a Grimm. She's obsessed with it. Marie, on the other hand, to me, can give it up and raise Nick. She was young when she took over raising Nick, and had the opportunity to marry and have children of her own. She gave that up to care for him.

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-16-2021

All we really know about Kelly as a grimm is that after Reed and Gina were killed and Gina was misidentified as her, she decided that Nick would be safer if she went on being "dead" until she was able to hunt down and eliminate all the killers. Which she turned out to be rather bad at doing, because when she finally managed to catch up to Kimura 17 years later in Nick's living room she didn't kill him because he was "the last man alive who knows who betrayed us."  She was definitely obsessive as a grimm after NY, but before? Don't know. And compared to Marie, who at some point in her life was notorious enough that Monroe had heard of her, in 17 years nobody ever seemed to figure out that Kelly Burkhardt was still alive and grimming around? So I wonder just how bad-ass a grimm Kelly really was, the way she came across notwithstanding.

My theory about Kelly and Marie being inactive or under the radar "stealth" grimms is based on Nick never mentioning his mom and aunt being away on travel much when they were raising him, which is pretty thin, but it's really all we have to go on.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-19-2021

Despite her discussion with Nick about another Grimm possibly having the coins, I always figured Kelly did not remain in the states, but was abroad. Nick did not mention her when he was young, but then, Nick never talked about his father either. For that matter, we don't know what he was like as a kid because, he never mentioned that. The only clue I can recall is that he said Marie was like a mother to him. Does that mean his own parents failed as parents? I often wondered if Kelly was away being a Grimm and Reed was having an affair with Gina.