Grimm Forum
Keys - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Keys (/Thread-Keys)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-12-2021

Could that be part of the reason Rolek gave his things to Nick? So that Nick would be a target?

RE: Keys - N_grimm - 12-12-2021

(12-11-2021, 07:54 PM)irukandji Wrote: That's what I think as well. Some of the weapons appeared to be ancient as well. If Rolek well and truly believed Josh would never become a Grimm, it makes me wonder why he didn't insist that Josh turn them and the key in for and make some money from them. I know Josh had no idea where the key was, but Rolek could have told him.
I’m sorry, but this is absolutely insane. Rolek spent his life guarding the key, just like his father, and his father, etc. People had killed each other to get these keys for hundreds of years. Rolek was so protective of the key that he did not even show it to Josh. He keeps it hidden in his walking-stick until he could hand it over to Nick personally. Anyone who bought these keys would be in immediate danger of death. In addition, one would risk that the royals would get hold of them, so that everything Rolek and his Grimm ancestors had sacrificed would be in vain. And here you are, wondering why he did not hand it in for “some money”? Delivering these weapons and books to a Grimm who could carry on the tradition was also far more important than the monetary value.

You tell me which is the more insane. Hiding a key in a cane for who knows how many years for some ridiculous cause that he'll never know, or selling it before the wesen come to take it from him? You're the one who said the wesen were after Rolek.

RE: Keys - N_grimm - 12-12-2021

(12-12-2021, 08:38 AM)irukandji Wrote: Could that be part of the reason Rolek gave his things to Nick? So that Nick would be a target?
Why are you posting totally baseless conspiracy theories?

See, the really cool thing about this forum is, if you don't like a post, you can simply ignore it. (Didn't know if you were aware of that or not).

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-13-2021

The point of passing the key to Nick was most likely that it was the best option available to continue the grimm families' centuries-old mission to prevent what their ancestors had hidden from falling into the hands of the royals. Not wanting to make Josh a target would seem like a reasonable secondary goal. It would be a given that whoever Rolek handed his key over to would eventually be targeted by the verrat, and giving Nick a second key wouldn't have made him anymore of a target than he already was for the first.

Rolek was probably in no condition to make a trip to Europe to hand his key over to Nebosja, so Nick appears to have been the next best thing. Presumably, the road trip to Portland tells us that there were no grimms between PA and OR who Rolek was aware of.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-13-2021

Did the series ever indicate why Rolek decided to travel across country to give his things to a man he didn't know?

RE: Keys - N_grimm - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 02:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: Did the series ever indicate why Rolek decided to travel across country to give his things to a man he didn't know?
He was dying and Nick was the only Grimm Rolek could find.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-13-2021

Rolek was in Pennsylvania. How did he find Nick?

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-13-2021

At the time we had no clue, but by the end of the series, I would guess that he was in contract with Nebosja, who told him that Nick was the closest grimm to him.