Grimm Forum
Keys - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Keys (/Thread-Keys)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Keys - N_grimm - 12-27-2021

(12-27-2021, 03:39 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 03:35 PM)N_grimm Wrote: I have no doubt that Renard thought the royals had 4 keys, but we later learned that it was either incorrect or outdated information. There is no support for the claim of nine keys.

Based on what? I have thought there were probably counterfeits out there for while now. And who says the royals didn't have the remaining two authentic keys?
I’m glad you think it’s ridiculous to post the clip and that you did not watch it, but found the script instead. The question was not how many keys the royals thought they had, but how many real keys they had. That you now change this into something else, after first accusing me of making up stuff, is just charming (and not ridiculous).

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-27-2021

(12-27-2021, 04:00 PM)N_grimm Wrote: I’m glad you think it’s ridiculous to post the clip and that you did not watch it, but found the script instead. The question was not how many keys the royals thought they had, but how many real keys they had. That you now change this into something else, after first accusing me of making up stuff, is just charming (and not ridiculous).

I never said I found the script. Did you even read what I wrote?

(12-27-2021, 04:00 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Renard told Nick that one of the seven knights talked; the royals tortured the story out of him before they killed him.

We never heard from the royals again after the beginning of season 5. I wonder if somewhere in Europe there's someone with two keys still trying to scheme up a way to get his hands on five more. Because as far as we know, Nick never sent the families a gloat message to let them know they had lost the race.

But, if Renard isn't to be trusted, then Nick should have dismissed his story.

It's really a shame we didn't hear more about the royals. I would have loved to have known what Mia meant when she urged Renard to come back and take his rightful place.

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-27-2021

Some of what Renard told Nick jibed with what his mother told him. So my guess is that Nick took Renard's answers to his questions with a grain of salt and made his own judgements what parts were likely to be reliable and what parts were not.

The original idea for season 1 seemed to be Renard trying to groom Nick as an asset (and a bit later, acquire a key) as leverage for an effort to unseat Eric as the heir assumptive to the Kronenberg throne, and that there were royals who were willing to support him over Eric. But it seemed to get dropped pretty early on.

RE: Keys - N_grimm - 12-27-2021

(12-27-2021, 04:02 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 04:00 PM)N_grimm Wrote: I’m glad you think it’s ridiculous to post the clip and that you did not watch it, but found the script instead. The question was not how many keys the royals thought they had, but how many real keys they had. That you now change this into something else, after first accusing me of making up stuff, is just charming (and not ridiculous).

I never said I found the script. Did you even read what I wrote?
Yes I did, but I'm not sure you read mine. 

We are now in a situation where we have almost the whole story divided into short videos on youtube, which is a much better alternative than scripts, because you get many more details. I honestly thought it was something positive to post these once in a while, and could not imagine that it would face criticism. That you refuse to look at them is also quite startling. As face writes, there is no other activity on the forum anyway.

(12-27-2021, 06:04 PM)N_grimm Wrote: We are now in a situation where we have almost the whole story divided into short videos on youtube, which is a much better alternative than scripts, because you get many more details. I honestly thought it was something positive to post these once in a while, and could not imagine that it would face criticism. That you refuse to look at them is also quite startling. As face writes, there is no other activity on the forum anyway.

Well now, since you seem to be on a sympathetic vibe, I think you can imagine how I felt when I got the post, "this is out of control".  That's about as harsh as it gets, not to mention your quip about my "conspiracy theories".

It's so interesting to me that you would now make a remark about the limited activity on the forum. When I have brought that up to you, I was met with your usual cold criticism. As far as being "quite startled" by my refusal, who do you think you're kidding? You yourself have demonstrated your own type of refusal on occasion. The fact that you find my refusal quite startling is, to say the least, unconvincing.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-28-2021

(12-24-2021, 01:18 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The keys were the prime mcguffin in season 1.

The royals tortured a Grimm knight, yet despite their efforts, did not manage to acquire all of the keys. It appears that they weren't even able to get the location of all of the keys or the treasure.

That means that someone had to tell the royals there was a treasure, the Grimm knights had hidden it somewhere, and it was something of great value. It also means someone else betrayed the Grimm knights. The knight that was tortured apparently did not give them any more than they knew/

Why do you suppose Nick wanted to open the treasure with just 5 keys instead of seeking all 7? Greed? Notoriety? Desperation? Obsession? So he could thumb his nose at the royals? (You had mentioned something to this effect yesterday and I thought that was interesting).

I cannot think of any reason why going after this treasure with only a part of the solution would appeal to a Grimm.

RE: Keys - N_grimm - 12-28-2021

(12-28-2021, 09:14 AM)irukandji Wrote: I cannot think of any reason why going after this treasure with only a part of the solution would appeal to a Grimm.

I can. The seven keys made up a map. Thanks to public available maps, that did not exist 800 years ago, they were able to complet the map with the 5 keys. They even found the X, i.e. they did not need the two last keys. When finding the box, they were able to open it. Let’s turn it around: why not go after the treasure when they had been able to locate it? Why wait for the two last parts of the map – that they did not need. The probabiltiy of ever getting the last two keys were statisticly close to zero.

BTW, If you look at the clip I posted, Renard will explain to you why it was considered essential to go after what the 7 crusaders had buried.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-28-2021

What you're telling me is that Nick should have gone after the map because he could? Am I understanding this correctly?

RE: Keys - N_grimm - 12-28-2021

(12-28-2021, 11:36 AM)irukandji Wrote: What you're telling me is that Nick should have gone after the map because he could? Am I understanding this correctly?
Yes of course.