Grimm Forum
Keys - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Keys (/Thread-Keys)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-27-2021

(12-27-2021, 03:11 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: We do not "have" nine keys. The most keys we actually know for a fact have survived through the centuries (and are real) is five. Even the sixth and seventh keys could have been long ago destroyed.

Renard's account to Nick could have been false. Or it could have been out of date. It's not as if he was on the mailing list for royal families' Christmas newsletters.

Why believe there's a treasure then? That actually turned out to be false.

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-27-2021

If it had only come from Renard I would have had my doubts. But it came from Kelly first. And all those people willing to kill to get them helps sell the idea, although they could all have just drunk someone's Kool Aid.

The problem I see with questioning a character's dialogue is, what is true then and what is not? Anyone could argue that anything coming out of Renard's mouth is a lie.

RE: Keys - N_grimm - 12-27-2021

(12-27-2021, 03:15 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 03:11 PM)N_grimm Wrote: According to Renard there were 7 keys. He told Nick the royals had 5, but Nick got 5 in the end so that can not be true. How can Renard know the royals have 5 when he also claimed there are 7 in total? So your logic is: Renard was wrong, so he must be right? It’s logical that Renard did not have correct information about how many keys the royals had, since he was talking about something that happened over a period of more than 600 years. Everything else in show, including Renard's own story, supports that there were 7 keys in total. In the same conversation, Renard said his family would be happier if he had never been born – yet, you believe they would have shown Renard proof of how any keys they really had?. Your story goes against everything, even the conversation Nick had with Renard that you are basing your conspiracy theory about nine keys on.

No I didn't listen to your video, I think it's ridiculous to clog up the forum with unnecessary bandwidth. I'd rather you tell me the transcript and I'll look it up myself.

So now, you believe Renard when he says his family would be happier had he not been born, yet you disbelieve him when he says the royals have five keys?
I have no doubt that Renard thought the royals had 4 keys, but we later learned that it was either incorrect or outdated information. There is no support for the claim of nine keys.

(12-27-2021, 03:35 PM)N_grimm Wrote: I have no doubt that Renard thought the royals had 4 keys, but we later learned that it was either incorrect or outdated information. There is no support for the claim of nine keys.

Based on what? I have thought there were probably counterfeits out there for while now. And who says the royals didn't have the remaining two authentic keys?

I would really like to know the Grimm's name who betrayed the knights in the first place.

I seem to recall a scene in which someone asked Nick if he trusted his captain and Nick's answer was at best noncommittal. Wish I could remember what episode that was in.

The only grimm family names we know about for sure are Kessler and Nebosja. We don't even know if Porter was a grimm name or if Rolek got his grimm from his mother's side of the family.

Somebody had to betray the Grimm knights. Logically, it had to be another Grimm.

I don't hold anything against Nick for not trusting his boss, I never trusted mine. But then again, I don't know why anyone would pose the question to him. It's only a job, and a team effort.

Renard told Nick that one of the seven knights talked; the royals tortured the story out of him. I think it's in that clip.

We never heard from the royals again after the beginning of season 5. I wonder if somewhere in Europe there's someone with two keys still trying to scheme up a way to get his hands on five more. Because as far as we know, Nick never sent the families a gloat message to let them know they had lost the race.