Grimm Forum
Keys - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Keys (/Thread-Keys)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Keys - syscrash - 03-08-2016

I consider them a character, then so was the trailer. Maybe the royals did have four keys. Sean was after Mari for the key. What if Mari stole Sean's family key. That is why they wanted it back. Sean had and has no idea that Rolek was a Grimm with a key.So his family was after one Grimm not all Grimms with keys. Maybe that is what Sean did not want Mari to tell Nick. Here is Sean's family key. If Nebojsa stool his keys from Royals. Don't you think that would make him famous, hunted by the Royals. Seeing how he was a famous book collector and not hidding. I would imagine his keys where like the books, passed down from other Grimm's. That leaves Rolek's key. Because his key was stolen, could be why he was not an active Grimm. He was hiding. Rolek is a Grimm he has to know our have seen people that are wesen. Unless he was hidding and did not want it known he was a Grimm. Why would he not get a wesen to do a Monroee for Josh.

Do I really think the writers thought the trail of keys threw that far? Not for a minute. It is simply knowing the desired outcome taking the facts and creating a narrative. I am sure there are other combinations. So how about it. Oh course Occam's Razor says Sean lied. The only mention of the royals having four keys was Sean. If it was to show importance to Nick, then why not say the Royals have three making Nicks a swing vote. This way Sean is saying the royals already have a majority of the keys. Making Nick key less important.

RE: Keys - Grimmbiest11 - 03-09-2016

Roleck was an active Grimm, just that he had aged and he was ill so his reflexes were no longer functioning well. He skillfully decapitated a Verrat agent with a sword. He must've kept Josh out of the lifestyle to keep him safe and to save him a lot of unnecessary grief. Nick wasn't raised as an active Grimm either until he was 30 when his dying aunt came to town. So I don't see the difference with Josh. He got to know when his father was dying , besides, he wasn't a Grimm as well. He thought his dad was still a lunatic even when he was shown the books and stuff.

And you need to keep in mind that the producers at a Comic Con once said the keys were just a subplot and they still hadn't figured them out either. The whole key business was supposedly retconed or the ones with the royals were acquired offscreen by the Czech grimm Nebosja or Sean didn't know enough and his info wasn't accurate.

RE: Keys - brandon - 03-09-2016

Aunt Marie was also sick when Nick began to see the "Wesen"..
even killed the priest who was sent by Renard before dying in the arms of Nick.
which they are resistant.Monroe even asks if anyone is sick.
but it does not happen in all cases.
the in the series is 30 years when it begins to be a "GRIMM"?
the royal family has two keys, they are just 7.

RE: Keys - wfmyers1207 - 03-09-2016

(03-09-2016, 05:36 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Roleck was an active Grimm, just that he had aged and he was ill so his reflexes were no longer functioning well. He skillfully decapitated a Verrat agent with a sword. He must've kept Josh out of the lifestyle to keep him safe and to save him a lot of unnecessary grief. Nick wasn't raised as an active Grimm either until he was 30 when his dying aunt came to town. So I don't see the difference with Josh. He got to know when his father was dying , besides, he wasn't a Grimm as well. He thought his dad was still a lunatic even when he was shown the books and stuff.

And you need to keep in mind that the producers at a Comic Con once said the keys were just a subplot and they still hadn't figured them out either. The whole key business was supposedly retconed or the ones with the royals were acquired offscreen by the Czech grimm Nebosja or Sean didn't know enough and his info wasn't accurate.

Personally, I think the hidden whatever is going to turn out to be rather anti-climatic. I'm betting that when Nick finds out what it is, he decides the 7 Grimm knights were right, and it has to be rehidden for the sake of the whole world.

RE: Keys - Grimmbiest11 - 03-09-2016

Yeah wouldn't be surprised either if it's anti-climatic as well. The key story was never a main plot according to the executive producers anyway. More like a loose end that needs to be tied up.

RE: Keys - syscrash - 03-09-2016

Quote:Aunt Marie was also sick when Nick began to see the "Wesen"..
even killed the priest who was sent by Renard before dying in the arms of Nick.
which they are resistant.Monroe even asks if anyone is sick.
but it does not happen in all cases.
the in the series is 30 years when it begins to be a "GRIMM"?
the royal family has two keys, they are just 7.

The idea that Grimm abilities are passed on upon death seems to be a beginning concept they dropped. It would have prevented the return of Nicks mom.

Quote:Personally, I think the hidden whatever is going to turn out to be rather anti-climatic. I'm betting that when Nick finds out what it is, he decides the 7 Grimm knights were right, and it has to be rehidden for the sake of the whole world.

I took from the interviews the contents of the chess will effect Wu. If I have to bet he will become wesen. What type I can not even begin to speculate. I would think it would be one inline with his personality.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-11-2021

There have been many discussions about Juliette burning the trailer and the destruction of the diaries, which were equated to antiquities. What I think is interesting is that there was no discussion of the weapons, which, if they are as old as the knights, would be very valuable antiquities.

What about the keys? Would they be considered valuable antiquities?

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-11-2021

Even without their history, they're trinkets that date back to the 1200s. They'd probably be valued at a couple of thousand each if you took them to an Antiques Roadshow.

RE: Keys - irukandji - 12-11-2021

That's what I think as well. Some of the weapons appeared to be ancient as well. If Rolek well and truly believed Josh would never become a Grimm, it makes me wonder why he didn't insist that Josh turn them and the key in for and make some money from them. I know Josh had no idea where the key was, but Rolek could have told him.

RE: Keys - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-11-2021

Offhand, I'd guess that Josh putting the contents of a grimm trunk up for sale would probably make him an instant target.