Grimm Forum
S5E11 - Key Move - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E11 - Key Move (/Thread-S5E11-Key-Move)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: S5E11 - Key Move - Hexenadler - 03-05-2016

Talk about writing yourself into a corner. If Nick accepts Adalind's Hexenbiesthood if/when she reverts back, especially after the way he reacted to Juliette's transformation in S4, he'll look like a hypocritical piece of crap. But if he does reject her, the show will only re-affirm Grimms and Hexenbiests just can't get along, period...imbuing S5 with the same depressing, fatalistic tone that made S4 such a drag.

Either way, they've put the character into a no-win situation.

RE: S5E11 - Key Move - wfmyers1207 - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 08:49 AM)Trubel Wrote: So here's what I think about the episode and this confirmed it. Dixon is the leader of the black claw, and the girl Renard slept with is second in command.

I think that tunnel they fell into is going to lead right back into the bunker why else would they be working up to that and have them fall right into it?

Also my one question is if there in germany why did they not have the wheel on the opposite side? Because there still technically in portland.

The guys chasing them are actually the good guys and there just out for their best interests thinking he will kill them and Monroe will show them that he's on their side, they'll come back with them and help fight the crusade.

Now with the spoiler for the 100th episode with Adalind getting her powers back maybe something happens and she decides to no longer supress her powers and she wants to protect Nick.

Also from the very first episode I have had a theory that all the grimms that show up in the seasons are going to die but the lineage will continue on with their children. Eventually baby Kelly and Diana will team up together as brother and sister and destroy Wesen.

Germans drive on the right hand side of the road. Every country on the Continent does. Only people in the British Isles drive on the left hand side of the road.

RE: S5E11 - Key Move - Elkhound - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 09:07 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: Talk about writing yourself into a corner. If Nick accepts Adalind's Hexenbiesthood if/when she reverts back, especially after the way he reacted to Juliette's transformation in S4, he'll look like a hypocritical piece of crap. But if he does reject her, the show will only re-affirm Grimms and Hexenbiests just can't get along, period...imbuing S5 with the same depressing, fatalistic tone that made S4 such a drag.

Either way, they've put the character into a no-win situation.

What if when she reverts she leaves with the proverbial note on a pincushion, "Sorry, Nick; it just wouldn't work out. Love you, love Kelly, but I'm a Hexenbiest and that's the end of it."? Nick is left carrying the torch for her, wondering what might have been.

Or she & Eve get into a mega battle and destroy one another.

Or she dies protecting Nick and/or Kelly.

RE: S5E11 - Key Move - wfmyers1207 - 03-05-2016

Well all in all I enjoyed this episode. They kept it moving well, and unlike some episodes, they didn't try to cram to much into it. That was a relief.

As far as the assassination goes, droid327 may be on to something. The photo and flashes of Renard just before the assassin pulled the trigger were intended as red herrings. The target was Dixon all along. Writer's kind of telegraphed it really, which was the reason for the red herrings.

I don't know if this Rachel chick is in on it, but she could be. Perhaps she is BC and decided that Renard might be more sympathetic to the cause and so got rid of Dixon so Renard can take his place. Then again, her standing aside on the stage could be another red herring. If she were in on the assassination, I think she would have had enough sense not to do ANYTHING conspicuous just before it happened. But, I could be wrong. Dodgy

Also, don't think the priest and those other 3 are bad guys. They're just freaked out because Nick is a Grimm. They've always emphasized on the show that people in the "old country" held to more old school values when it came to these things.

This whole relationship deal between Nick and Adalind is really beginning to disgust me. I mean, excluding everything else even, the hexenbitch is a complete skank! God only knows what diseases that slut has! Confused

And I don't think that finger bending scene in the next episode promo was her. Think that was little Kelly sticking up for Mom. (She may be a skank, but hey, family is family, and Mom is Mom. Can't chose your relatives. Heart)

(03-05-2016, 09:52 AM)Elkhound Wrote: What if when she reverts she leaves with the proverbial note on a pincushion, "Sorry, Nick; it just wouldn't work out. Love you, love Kelly, but I'm a Hexenbiest and that's the end of it."? Nick is left carrying the torch for her, wondering what might have been.

If the writers wanted to somehow salvage Nick without making him look like a complete tool, that's probably the only way they could do it. On the other hand:

Quote:Or she dies protecting Nick and/or Kelly.

There's been some talk about a series mainstay leaving the show for good in the 100th episode, so maaaaaaybe...

RE: S5E11 - Key Move - panther19 - 03-05-2016

I really liked this episode a lot except for this new relationship between Nick and Adalind. It's easy to love a little baby but after
all Adalind has done, Nick loving her is not believable. Renard did
seem to be the original target. I believe Dixon's aide had something
to do with this change. Trubel is still listed in the credits as a guest
star so sending her away might be her exit for awhile. Will this
100th episode determine an announcement of the show's future?
It's time we know. Big Grin

RE: S5E11 - Key Move - irukandji - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 12:00 AM)droid327 Wrote: -They were able to find a 13th-century church in ruins from a 13th-century map using GPS? No way the original was accurate enough for that...it doesn't even show hills or other topography like they were using it Smile

Totally correct. I was cringing at how suddenly, conveniently, and brilliantly this episode loped along regarding the treasure. No offense to the scoobies, but really? They managed not only to find the town, but the actual spot where this treasure might be? What happened to needing all seven keys to make a complete map? They don't even know if they have the right keys.

Then there's the x marks the spot issue. Are they trespassing on someone's land? What are the rules in the Black Forest regarding treasure hunters? Oh wait, there are none because the Americans are on a crusade? How were they going to bring back 'whatever it is'?

Quote:-Is it important that Rosalie could get them good fake passports? Seems like Trubel could have done that for them using HW, that's the obvious easy way to write it, so it seems like a deliberate choice to have Rosalie provide them instead, and then have Nick make a comment about their quality.

But, if Trubel were to get them passports, that's almost a direct statement that they're teaming up with HW. I just continue to laugh at how subtle Nick is, in particular his comment about the passports being illegal. He should have added, "and I'm a cop so I should be bothered by that....haha, but I'm not".

And then he forgets his alias. Duh.

Quote:-Is HW HQ in Portland? Is that just a "field office" that Meisner's team is based out of right now? I know everything on the show tends to lead back to the PNW but it seems awfully convenient that the super-secret global blackops organization just happens to be a convenient drive from Nick and Monroe's house.

I've been wondering about that myself, but surely they wouldn't leave such a vital operation to be operated by the same people: Meisner, Eve, and Trubel. Who mans the station when they're all out on assignment?

Quote: -Are the priest and his guys Wesen assassins or just Indy-style protectors, guarding the treasure until the worthy successor of the Knights finds it? It seems like if its the latter, they wouldn't be so worried about him being a Grimm, since he is in fact the descendent of one of the Grimm Knights. And apparently they know the treasure exists and where it is, even though that's the big 800 year old secret?

Kind of makes you wonder if they'll rescue Nick and Monroe from that hole, doesn't it?

Quote:-Glad Sean didn't get shot again. I could just see him being like "oh not this again..."

I am too, actually. But, I wonder if he hasn't gotten himself into some real trouble this time with Rachel. Did anyone notice at the beginning of the episode that Renard was talking about the sting not being about the dealer, but about Gallagher purchasing drugs? Her reaction was a little on the unusual side to me. I'm not so sure her question about being able to tie Renard to it was on the up and up. Maybe she's going to look for something to tie them together?

Is this Rosalee's *dealer*? If so, is a connection going to be made?

I also thought it was interesting when Rachel talked about coverups, Renard looked really uncomfortable. Foreshadowing, maybe?

Quote: -Adalind and Nick still skeeze me out. I get that its going to happen and I just have to accept it, but no amount of the writers announcing that its OK is going to make it actually OK, nor is simply hanging a lantern on it with flashbacks. I'd prefer if Nick just stopped having romantic storylines altogether (well maybe with Trubel...), but for some reason you cant do that on TV, apparently. Adalind's tried to kill him and succeeded at raping him too many times, I just cant believe they have a healthy loving relationship now, solely because they have a rape baby together now. They murdered each other's mothers, more or less. Kids don't work like that, don't just fix relationships that have so much baggage.

I have to laugh again at Nick in all of this. He tells Monroe Adalind is a great mother, but his thought of her is when she tried to inject Marie?

I thought it interesting that Adalind all of the sudden pops the I love you statement into the equation, right before Nick is getting ready to leave for the crusades.

And much as I don't like doing this, I have to give Adalind credit here. She was right in cautioning Nick about pursuing this treasure.

I think Nick's flippant comment about the fake passports proves once and for all he doesn't give a damn about being a cop anymore. I'd love to see his attitude come back to bite him in the butt, but I learned a long time ago this show isn't too interested in reprimanding its characters.

RE: S5E11 - Key Move - jsgrimm45 - 03-05-2016

Did anyone catch where Adalind was when it looked like an attack and the fingers being bent back was Kelly around Nick did tell him to take care of his mom? The previews show so much so fast. Rosalee was at the shop. Why did Renard woge? I did after watching the preview about 7 times see I was the sniper Eve was standing over not Dixon. I figured Monroe woged because they were attacked but even that was unclear. So did anyone get a better idea from the preview?

RE: S5E11 - Key Move - brandon - 03-05-2016

what they said in an interview that Kelly would show something.
perhaps the desire to Kelly obeyed his father to care for her mother.