Grimm Forum
Juliette is hiding - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Juliette is hiding (/Thread-Juliette-is-hiding)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Juliette is hiding - irukandji - 03-03-2016

(03-03-2016, 06:01 PM)New Guy Wrote: But on the other hand, this (FrankenEve) betrayed his Mother to her death, burned his Grimm heritage, attempted to murder his friends, fornicated his boss, and fornicated the SOB who personally beheaded his Mother. IMO, Nick (if he can think and feel) was quite done with Hexenette and even dreamed of her in her casket. RIP
IMO, the FrankenEve character weakens the show. Nick overcoming his losses, protecting his son Kelly and using his Grimm powers for truth, justice and the American way would in the fantasy/real setting provide a compelling show.
New Guy

Hey New Guy-
I've been thinking about this as well. Nick had it made there. All he would have had to do was tell Meisner he couldn't work with Eve. Meisner would have had to have known what occurred between them so Nick wouldn't have even had to explain why he preferred not to work with Eve.

RE: Juliette is hiding - Robyn - 03-03-2016

(03-03-2016, 05:29 PM)irukandji Wrote: This is a good question. I'm going to respond the way I respond to some of the questions on this board and that's by completing blaming Nick for this one.

If Juliette is completely hiding behind the persona of Eve, why isn't Nick doing something about it? For instance, making it known that he doesn't believe her, or badgering Meisner for answers. This was afterall, *his* girlfriend, the love of *his* life.

Why is he telling Monroe she seems like a completely different person while at the same time acting like that's okay? Doesn't his cop's brain tell him that something's just a little strange here?

The Juliette/Eve/Nick/Meisner/HW conflict has so much potential, that at least for now, the writers intend to downplay because exploring the presumed conflict will interfere with their S5 arc. Perhaps as the arc nears a conclusion we'll see the ignored conflict rear it's ugly head & let loose all the pent up emotions.

RE: Juliette is hiding - syscrash - 03-03-2016

Quote:Trying to figure out who's worse - HW or BC - is like trying to choose between George Orwell's "Big Brother" and ISIS.

I think that is a perfect example of the two. especially the big brother. I always worry when the rational is "for the better good"

Our history is littered with "for the better good" atrocities.

on TV it means heads will roll, and the body count will be high. It is TV bring it on. I welcome the action. if the News I say lets examine this and see if a diplomatic solution will work.

RE: Juliette is hiding - Fallout merc - 03-04-2016

(03-03-2016, 04:31 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Here's hoping if/when FrankenEve runs into Rosalee, she'll give the Hexenbiest a good smack across the face no matter how much she insists the person who tried to murder her husband is dead.

I expect that to go as well as this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p9arjPweezs

RE: Juliette is hiding - jsgrimm45 - 03-04-2016

You could be right about Rosalee but I always seen Rosalee a basic kind person more toward helping Eve come to grips with being Eve.

RE: Juliette is hiding - panther19 - 03-04-2016

(03-03-2016, 04:31 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Honestly, I can't see any other good reason for Eve's existence other than providing an excuse for Juliette to hide from her guilt. Being Juliette Silverton for even one second longer is obviously impossible for her after all the vile crap she's pulled, so she "deals with it" by escaping into a different persona.

I'm more disturbed by how readily all the other characters seem to be getting used to it. Here's hoping if/when FrankenEve runs into Rosalee, she'll give the Hexenbiest a good smack across the face no matter how much she insists the person who tried to murder her husband is dead.

IMO the someone who should smack Eve is Nick. Would this bring out the hexenbiest in her if she were attacked? The 2 characters who did a 360 degree turnaround were Juliette and Adalind. Sleeping beauty was turned into a
witch and Adalind, the witch is now a sweet mommy. Pardon me for going off topic but I think these 2 character
changes plus softening Nick altered the dynamic of the show and started the drop in ratings. Back on topic, I think
Eve was a way to keep Bitsie is the show whether one likes her or not. I do. We will see how things play out.

RE: Juliette is hiding - Hexenadler - 03-04-2016

(03-04-2016, 08:48 AM)Fallout merc Wrote: I expect that to go as well as this

Not if Rosalee were to stick a gun in Eve's mouth and pull the trigger before she could even twitch a finger.

RE: Juliette is hiding - Hell Rell - 03-04-2016

(03-04-2016, 08:48 AM)Fallout merc Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 04:31 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Here's hoping if/when FrankenEve runs into Rosalee, she'll give the Hexenbiest a good smack across the face no matter how much she insists the person who tried to murder her husband is dead.

I expect that to go as well as this

Poor Chi-Chi! She actually reminds me of Adalind. Chi-Chi was as skilled a fighter as Adalind was a witch and became a mommy whose only concern was her child's welfare and gave up fighting. The only difference is she kept her edge which I wish we could see more of from Adalind. I feel like the closest we got this season was "As I remember it, you were looking at me". Nick would probably like it because he seemed amused when she said it.

Although, Chi-Chi took some time to train her second child to fight after Goku's death. I hope that's not a parallel to what's going to happen in the show. The equivalent would be Nick dying and Adalind deciding to train Kelly.

P.S. Sorry for wasting everyone's time with this post. I tried to think of a Juliette parallel but couldn't find one.

RE: Juliette is hiding - New Guy - 03-04-2016

(03-03-2016, 04:31 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Honestly, I can't see any other good reason for Eve's existence other than providing an excuse for Juliette to hide from her guilt. Being Juliette Silverton for even one second longer is obviously impossible for her after all the vile crap she's pulled, so she "deals with it" by escaping into a different persona.

I'm more disturbed by how readily all the other characters seem to be getting used to it. Here's hoping if/when FrankenEve runs into Rosalee, she'll give the Hexenbiest a good smack across the face no matter how much she insists the person who tried to murder her husband is dead.
Hi Hexenadler,
Thank you for staring this thread. Juliette (aka Hexenette and FrankenEve) seems to generate more debate on this forum than any other character.
I found this book while searching for murder motives:
http://www.johnlescroart.com/14-motives-for-murder/
The author provides his short list:
Quote:Motives for Murder:
(love, lust, lucre, and loathing)

To keep a secret
Revenge
Frustration/hate
Money/Greed
Sex/Jealousy
Property Dispute
Personal Vendetta
Political
Class Conflict
Narcotics
Other Felonies
Urge to Protect
In episode 4.22, Cry Havoc there was much murder and mayhem. FrankenEve retains her memories. In 5.10, Map of the Seven Knights there is a revealing scene:
Quote:Scene: Trubel goes to talk with Eve.
[Trubel knocks]
Eve: Yes?
Trubel: [She goes into Eve's room] It's time to set a couple things straight.
Eve: What?
Trubel: That last night at Nick's house, I wasn't trying to kill you. You know that.
Eve: You're talking about Juliette.
Trubel: Yeah.
Eve: I know you weren't trying to kill her.
Trubel: I mean, I wasn't, but I would have.
Eve: She was trying to kill Nick. I would expect that from you.
Trubel: Yeah, I need to know how you feel about Nick and Adalind and their kid.
Eve: Juliette is dead.
Trubel: I know she's dead. I'm asking you if you'd ever hurt them.
Eve: I wouldn't. I don't owe Juliette anything.
Trubel: But I do. Okay, she helped me.
Eve: She would have killed you too.
Trubel: Glad we talked. [She leaves]
If we take FrankenEve at her word then:
1. She knows Trubel did not intend to kill Juliette.
2. FrankenEve says "Juliette is dead." Trubel confirms "I know she's dead." But there she stands, FrankenEve. Is she dead or alive?
3. Trubel makes an odd statement that "I wasn't trying to kill you," yet they both say Juliette is (was?) dead. Did Trubel over-try and actually kill Juliette?
4. FrankenEve makes it clear "She was trying to kill Nick." She failed to kill him, so the Grimm TV show continues. If season 4 was the final, Nick would have died. Do you suppose the writers would have ended it that way?
5. FrankenEve also makes it clear Juliette "would have killed you (Trubel) too." Why does Trubel stay with HW knowing that FrankenEve may decide to kill her?"
6. Trubel asks FrankenEve if she would hurt Nick, Adalind or Kelly. Her reply is "I don't owe Juliette anything." So if FrankenEve decides she "owes" Juliette, will she attempt to kill Nick, Adalind and Kelly (again)?
So Hexenette assaulted and attempted to murder several of the Scoobies. Now she claims to be "Eve" who kills without feeling using magical telekinetic powers that defy the laws of physics. She spent years to attain a DVM for ability to heal animals. Yet in several weeks she has learned to become a robotic weapon of mass destruction that kills humans and Wessen. For that, HW has placed her in some kind of leadership position, given her full access to extremely confidential information and utilized her on several occasions to engage in genocide missions.
IMO, Nick and Team Scooby should steer clear of HW and consider FrankenEve an armed and dangerous homicidal maniac.
New Guy

RE: Juliette is hiding - Hell Rell - 03-04-2016

It's strange that they're accepting being around Eve. Eve may have killed 20 Wesen that were trying to kill them but the last time Nick and Monroe were face to face with her she tried to murder them both. Why would Monroe walk into the HW compound knowing she would be there and why did Rosalee allow it?

The scariest thing about Eve are her telekinetic powers. They all know that Eve can dominate her opponents from a distance and that's if she's being kind. She can explode anyone's mind which no amount of training or caution can prepare them for. Eve can be the most level-headed person but it only takes a few seconds for her to get angry and cause instant death. That has to be expected in the midst of battle.

Considering Eve's power, why aren't Nick and the gang inquiring more about how HW was able to convert her? They know she decided to work with the Royals because she felt betrayed by Nick and their friends for protecting Adalind. It was a choice made by manipulation but not out of force. Juliette wouldn't do anything she didn't want to do because she had too much power. Nick and maybe Rosalee would seem like the types to do some serious research on HW. I'm not saying they would be successful but they wouldn't let that stop them.