Grimm Forum
Will Nick and the crew join or ally with HW? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Will Nick and the crew join or ally with HW? (/Thread-Will-Nick-and-the-crew-join-or-ally-with-HW)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Will Nick and the crew join or ally with HW? - syscrash - 02-29-2016

Quote:HW as I see it has create a block to getting wesen help with BC because of Eve.
How has Eve created a block from getting wesen help. A hexenbiest is wesen. Do wesen seem to have a dislike or fear of hexenbiest, yes. But nothing has shown they will not work with them.

Meisner has never asked them to join only to commit to help. Remember Meisner is not running HW like a military operation where people have to be vetted and follow a chain of command. That was Chavez. Meisner runs is as a group of individuals with a common goal of defeating BC.

RE: Will Nick and the crew join or ally with HW? - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 03:03 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I think we have figure Nick and the Scoobies will work with HW the question then become the degree. BC is in Portland and HW is in Portland the question now is what is in Portland answer Nick and the Scoobies, wesen working inside the system that would ruin BC claim. Almost all the wesen in Portland know of Nick and to some degree Trubel, Nick has shown that he will protect wesen as well as humans. Totally working against BC.

The Eve question is different I could care less about this character other than the power they have give her, I can see the wesen who might help Nick being afraid of Eve. HW as I see it has create a block to getting wesen help with BC because of Eve. So they may backoff Eve and let Nick handle Portland other than time he is in direct connect with BC.

The short answer is yes Nick and scoobies will join HW to a degree. Now we can add Alexander when he shows up will he see his role HW or Scooby?

Crazy idea here....

I see Alexander having some respect for Nick and now he is some kind of alone. But Alexander was from the council and he still should have contacts with free agents like the manticore who was sent to kill Nick.

I don't know if Alexander would work with us because it is a government agency and I think the council is more free non government organization...

The possibility... Could Alexander be preparing an alternative organization with the free agents he knows to replace the council at least for while and try to counter attack the BC?
If yes I think he would contact Nick and I think Nick would be smarter to work with Alexander then to work with the HW.

By an strategical point of view, would this work better?

A question would be about how to get money to sustain this new organization... But Alexander should no know how to use the same way the council used....

Could Alexander try to contact the royals? Maybe some deal from the past would force the royals to help Alexander...

How does it work for you?

If Alexander comes to Portland he would work with HW. Really none of them work for HW. They all work with Meisner. The governmental structure died with Chavez.

Consider Meisner has let Nick and now Monroee into the installation. He has let Nick see the entire operation. As a secrete governmental organization no way. No one should even know they exist. BC destroyed HW Portland with the death of Chavez and the people Nick was suppose to meet. The true leaders. The clerks that are shown do not strike me as military operatives. Meisner seems more the sole survivor of the operatives, taking advantage of the resources. Until the installation structure is replaced. Which may never happen on this show. More then likely they will keep it as a rage tag group of fighters. He is functioning like someone that came upon and abandoned installation and set up shop. Which would be the case except there are still clerks there. This same concept was used in Alias when that organization feel. the survivors banded together to continue the fight. But had no organization or out side over sight. The installing was written off as dead. In that case I also questioned, so how do they get supplies and money to travel.

RE: Will Nick and the crew join or ally with HW? - Belle - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 03:03 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 02:59 PM)Belle Wrote: Not sure that's true.
The pessimist in me says the series won't last long enough for Nick and friends to get pulled into HW.
I'm still guessing that whatever they find in the black forest may eliminate the need for HW, as well as grimms, the council, the royals, etc...

Or, whatever they find ends up eliminating everybody.

Yikes! I thought I was being pessimistic...
Or were you only referring to black claw when you wrote "everybody"?

RE: Will Nick and the crew join or ally with HW? - Robyn - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 04:00 PM)syscrash Wrote: If Alexander comes to Portland he would work with HW. Really none of them work for HW. They all work with Meisner. The governmental structure died with Chavez.

Consider Meisner has let Nick and now Monroee into the installation. He has let Nick see the entire operation. As a secrete governmental organization no way. No one should even know they exist. BC destroyed HW Portland with the death of Chavez and the people Nick was suppose to meet. The true leaders. The clerks that are shown do not strike me as military operatives. Meisner seems more the sole survivor of the operatives, taking advantage of the resources. Until the installation structure is replaced. Which may never happen on this show. More then likely they will keep it as a rage tag group of fighters. He is functioning like someone that came upon and abandoned installation and set up shop. Which would be the case except there are still clerks there. This same concept was used in Alias when that organization feel. the survivors banded together to continue the fight. But had no organization or out side over sight. The installing was written off as dead. In that case I also questioned, so how do they get supplies and money to travel.

These errors and omissions are bad writing and planning. We’re approaching the eleventh episode and Nick & the gang are still debating, still saying they need to learn more about HW. There’s nothing that demonstrates scenes/episodes would be any different if the Chavez character hadn’t died. The writers are dragging it out, possibly so they can write & shoot as few scenes as possible of the actual uprising/fighting or wait until the last couple of episodes and deal with everything at once. Most of A Reptile Dysfunction was devoted to a Wesen of the week story, while a big fat zero was devoted to the scene of Meisner, Eve & Trubel fighting BC in Star Crossed.

Whoever created the character Meisner did a great job. He was a soldier/mercenary to the core with laser focus and absolute commitment once he made a decision. That was S3. In S5 they're writing him the way they write Nick & Hank & etc. etc.

RE: Will Nick and the crew join or ally with HW? - Hexenadler - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 04:13 PM)Belle Wrote: Yikes! I thought I was being pessimistic...
Or were you only referring to black claw when you wrote "everybody"?

I meant everybody. Some kind of doomsday device or all-encompassing threat that completely annihilates both HW and BC within twenty-four hours.

But mostly, I want to see a bad guy who can beat the stuffing out of FrankenEve and knock some humility back into her system.

RE: Will Nick and the crew join or ally with HW? - irukandji - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 03:03 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The short answer is yes Nick and scoobies will join HW to a degree.

I have a feeling they may not have that choice, js. I think it's going to be all or nothing and I have a feeling some of the scoobies aren't going to buy into them. I can't put my finger on it, but I don't trust Meisner or the HW. Something's not adding up with them.

I got the feeling Nick is set to join them, otherwise he wouldn't have gone to them for funds for the rare books. I'm glad that all fell through and HW didn't get them.

RE: Will Nick and the crew join or ally with HW? - jsgrimm45 - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 03:41 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 03:03 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I think we have figure Nick and the Scoobies will work with HW the question then become the degree. BC is in Portland and HW is in Portland the question now is what is in Portland answer Nick and the Scoobies, wesen working inside the system that would ruin BC claim. Almost all the wesen in Portland know of Nick and to some degree Trubel, Nick has shown that he will protect wesen as well as humans. Totally working against BC.

The Eve question is different I could care less about this character other than the power they have give her, I can see the wesen who might help Nick being afraid of Eve. HW as I see it has create a block to getting wesen help with BC because of Eve. So they may backoff Eve and let Nick handle Portland other than time he is in direct connect with BC.

The short answer is yes Nick and scoobies will join HW to a degree. Now we can add Alexander when he shows up will he see his role HW or Scooby?

Crazy idea here....

I see Alexander having some respect for Nick and now he is some kind of alone. But Alexander was from the council and he still should have contacts with free agents like the manticore who was sent to kill Nick.

I don't know if Alexander would work with us because it is a government agency and I think the council is more free non government organization...

The possibility... Could Alexander be preparing an alternative organization with the free agents he knows to replace the council at least for while and try to counter attack the BC?
If yes I think he would contact Nick and I think Nick would be smarter to work with Alexander then to work with the HW.

By an strategical point of view, would this work better?

A question would be about how to get money to sustain this new organization... But Alexander should no know how to use the same way the council used....

Could Alexander try to contact the royals? Maybe some deal from the past would force the royals to help Alexander...

How does it work for you?
The idea of the royals for Alexander is a good question. It would be the test as to if the Royals are behind BC. I don't see the bounty hunters helping Alexander if he can't pay them. Alexander would be a big help to HW so Meisner would be interested. He could help protect Rosalee when Monroe and Nick go to Europe.

(02-29-2016, 04:39 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 03:03 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The short answer is yes Nick and scoobies will join HW to a degree.

I have a feeling they may not have that choice, js. I think it's going to be all or nothing and I have a feeling some of the scoobies aren't going to buy into them. I can't put my finger on it, but I don't trust Meisner or the HW. Something's not adding up with them.

I got the feeling Nick is set to join them, otherwise he wouldn't have gone to them for funds for the rare books. I'm glad that all fell through and HW didn't get them.
I agree that now the books are Nicks and not HW. I haven't made up my mind on HW.

Quote:There’s nothing that demonstrates scenes/episodes would be any different if the Chavez character hadn’t died.
Lets start with the phone. Meisner cares nothing about security. Had no idea who Nick was told him keep the phone. Nick has been using it ever since. No thumb print needed. Chavez would not even tell Nick who and what HW was. Meisner lets who ever through the front door.
Chavez would not even tell Nick if they had Trubel. Meisner has no problem telling Nick about Trubel or Eve. Chavez and her team attacked Nick's house with military precision, they where in and out in minutes. Meisner , Trubel and Eve they attacked the building in a catch as catch can fashion. But then Meisner is not military so it makes since why and how he operates.

RE: Will Nick and the crew join or ally with HW? - Robyn - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 05:13 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:There’s nothing that demonstrates scenes/episodes would be any different if the Chavez character hadn’t died.
Lets start with the phone. Meisner cares nothing about security. Had no idea who Nick was told him keep the phone. Nick has been using it ever since. No thumb print needed. Chavez would not even tell Nick who and what HW was. Meisner lets who ever through the front door.
Chavez would not even tell Nick if they had Trubel. Meisner has no problem telling Nick about Trubel or Eve. Chavez and her team attacked Nick's house with military precision, they where in and out in minutes. Meisner , Trubel and Eve they attacked the building in a catch as catch can fashion. But then Meisner is not military so it makes since why and how he operates.

Meisner knew who Nick was when he told him to keep the phone, and if not, either way, it allowed him to track the person that had the phone. Meisner reached out to Nick in The Rate King to confirm Trubel's fate, then again to ensure her rescue. If Nick had been left on his own, Trubel would be dead or a BC prisoner.

Meisner had to allow Nick to learn about Eve eventually if he was going to be recruited by HW. It was Eve that allowed Nick and the others to see her.

If you're referring to the fight scene in Star Crossed, we don't know how that mission was planned or carried out because we didn't see any of it. The only thing confirmed with that scene was that they needed Nick & the others for manpower to have better opportunity to capture as well as kill.

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment that Meisner isn't doing a good job, I'm just saying - so much opportunity with a character & storyline and so little of that opportunity utilized to enhance the BC story arc.

So I repeat - almost an entire episode devoted to a monster in a lake and next to nothing devoted to the fight scene between Meisner, Eve & Trubel. That should have been a face smashing, bloody fight scene.