Grimm Forum
Nick - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick (/Thread-Nick--2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Nick - syscrash - 02-29-2016

Quote:(laughs). Cool your jets, syscrash. It's just an opinion about Nick. Calm down.
I took exception to you accusation that RMP was calling you crazy. When there is nothing in the post to support your accusation. Like I said I retracted my use of crazy and stated the fact. Your conclusion, that you so want to call and opinion is without merit. ("he still didn't show a lot of emotions. That could be due to his genetic makeup, he does seem to veer more toward a socipathic personality") It is great propaganda that pushes a certain agenda to demonize a certain character. Your demonetization is based on not seeing the correct emotional response so he's a sociopath. First drawing bombastic imagery does not prove you point.It my get people to believe you that what propaganda does.

At least chill on the rhetoric. Irukandji you make really good points. just sometimes, I guess the characters piss you off so you hit back. Ok but remember some see that as an diagnosis and us it to create an opinion. Stick with your being creative with ideas, you've a great imagination.

RE: Nick - irukandji - 03-01-2016

(02-29-2016, 11:03 PM)syscrash Wrote: I took exception to you accusation that RMP was calling you crazy.

In the future, please do not. That post was between rmp and me. The post was poorly worded. If I take exception to it, I'm certainly within my rights on the forum to question it. Which is exactly what I did.

(02-29-2016, 11:03 PM)syscrash Wrote: When there is nothing in the post to support your accusation. Like I said I retracted my use of crazy and stated the fact.

And again, that dialogue was between rmp and me. None of it was directed to you. You have no idea where rmp was coming from nor where I was coming from. That's why I respectfully ask that you stay out of it.

(02-29-2016, 11:03 PM)syscrash Wrote: Your conclusion, that you so want to call and opinion is without merit. ("he still didn't show a lot of emotions. That could be due to his genetic makeup, he does seem to veer more toward a socipathic personality") It is great propaganda that pushes a certain agenda to demonize a certain character.

Your demonetization is based on not seeing the correct emotional response so he's a sociopath. First drawing bombastic imagery does not prove you point.It my get people to believe you that what propaganda does.

Syscrash, read your paragraphs. You're holding yourself up as some kind of guide to the uniformed and naïve poster here. The people that come on this forum are very intelligent and know their own minds. I'm not leading them down any kind of propaganda path.

And just for your own information, you might take a second beta read at some of your own posts. They are more often than not loaded with opinion and little to no fact to back them up.

(02-29-2016, 11:03 PM)syscrash Wrote: At least chill on the rhetoric. Irukandji you make really good points. just sometimes, I guess the characters piss you off so you hit back. Ok but remember some see that as an diagnosis and us it to create an opinion. Stick with your being creative with ideas, you've a great imagination.

No one has fallen for my rhetoric, syscrash, I guarantee it.

ETA: Let's put a truce on this. If my posts appear to be questionable in the future, it would help me if you would just point out what you find questionable and why.

In return, I can help you with your spelling and grammar.

RE: Nick - tscchope - 03-01-2016

Nick's got a conscience and it gets him into trouble. He's not a sociopath. His desire to uphold the law and bring killers to justice is what made him become a homicide detective. Learning that your heritage makes you judge, jury and executioner - and mostly executioner - is going to be shock to his worldview.

He was 12 years old when he got the news his parents had died in a car crash. The y say misery loves company, because that's exactly what he got. An aunt who'd had to give up a happy life with a wesen. Marie knew Kelly was still alive, but couldn't say anything nor have Farley live with them in case the presence of a wesen triggered the Grimm within him. I doubt there were many displays of emotion in that house.

Nick's kept that lack of displaying emotion with him into his adult life.

Nick valued his relationship and life together with Juliette more than he valued being a Grimm. Adalind's taking his powers was more of a relief to him; he'd shed an unwanted burden.

Nick has no desire to uphold the law unless it suits him. He's happier taking the law into his own hands and has done it many times. That's what is known as a corrupt police officer.

RE: Nick - tscchope - 03-01-2016

Of course, Nick upholds the law. That's why he's a homicide detective. He's not a corrupt police officer.

@irukandji, what examples do you have of Nick 'taking the law into his own hands'? List them.

(03-01-2016, 09:45 AM)tscchope Wrote: Of course, Nick upholds the law. That's why he's a homicide detective. He's not a corrupt police officer.

@irukandji, what examples do you have of Nick 'taking the law into his own hands'? List them.

Murder, planting evidence, not bringing known killers in, excessive use of force, aiding and abetting, interfering with other agencies' investigations, the list goes on.

RE: Nick - New Guy - 03-01-2016

(03-01-2016, 09:19 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nick has no desire to uphold the law unless it suits him. He's happier taking the law into his own hands and has done it many times. That's what is known as a corrupt police officer.
Hi Irukandji,
In regard to corrupt law enforcement, Nick, Renard, Hank, Wu, Chavez, Weston Steward and others have operated outside of procedural rules. That is grim in real life, but in Grimm it is Friday entertainment. Viewers can decide who is good or bad. I enjoy watching the "bad guys" get whacked, even if the methodology of the whack indicates corruption.
New Guy

(03-01-2016, 09:59 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 09:19 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nick has no desire to uphold the law unless it suits him. He's happier taking the law into his own hands and has done it many times. That's what is known as a corrupt police officer.
Hi Irukandji,
In regard to corrupt law enforcement, Nick, Renard, Hank, Wu, Chavez, Weston Steward and others have operated outside of procedural rules. That is grim in real life, but in Grimm it is Friday entertainment. Viewers can decide who is good or bad. I enjoy watching the "bad guys" get whacked, even if the methodology of the whack indicates corruption.
New Guy

Oh, for sure, none of them are innocent. But in terms of accountability, I hold Nick as the worst of them all.

To me, it's not about the good guys versus the bad guys. It's about the bad guys versus the bad guys.

RE: Nick - rmp - 03-01-2016

(03-01-2016, 06:15 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 11:03 PM)syscrash Wrote: I took exception to you accusation that RMP was calling you crazy.

In the future, please do not. That post was between rmp and me. The post was poorly worded. If I take exception to it, I'm certainly within my rights on the forum to question it. Which is exactly what I did.

In my response to you I basically said, "I don't think you're crazy, but I think you're wrong about something you said." You got offended by an insult that wasn't there. And I never said you were crazy, just that I thought your idea was, and certainly didn't mean it in some nasty way, that's just the way I talk.

(03-01-2016, 06:15 AM)irukandji Wrote: And again, that dialogue was between rmp and me. None of it was directed to you. You have no idea where rmp was coming from nor where I was coming from. That's why I respectfully ask that you stay out of it.

This is all about Nick and his attitude. Anyone has the rights to pick up and discuss anything said about that topic, regardless of who quoted who.

Has Nick ever taken the law into his own hands for personal gain? Does he take bribes? Sometimes they go outside the law because it's the only way to get justice or the only way to stop a Wesen threat because they don't live in a normal world. And he only goes after threats. Has he ever bullied or done harm to anyone innocent, including Wesen?

According to you, Nick is an emotionless sociopath, a corrupt cop, and one of the "bad guys" (along with the other cops on the show). I doubt there are many, or any, who share your self-righteous portrayal of Nick and the gang.

Anyway, your views and mine are night and day, so there's little point in continuing further with any more unfriendly discussions.

Please don't try explaining further. It won't make any difference.

Quote:Has Nick ever taken the law into his own hands for personal gain? Does he take bribes? Sometimes they go outside the law because it's the only way to get justice or the only way to stop a Wesen threat because they don't live in a normal world. And he only goes after threats. Has he ever bullied or done harm to anyone innocent, including Wesen?

Is that all you believe personal gain is about, taking bribes? Hardly. Personal gain is anytime a cop deliberately goes outside the realm of the oath he swore. In answer to your question, yes, Nick has done a great deal of harm, domestic and international.

Quote:According to you, Nick is an emotionless sociopath, a corrupt cop, and one of the "bad guys" (along with the other cops on the show). I doubt there's many, or any, who share your self-righteous portrayal of Nick and the gang.

Is that what you're all about? Going along with the crowd, so that you can be sure they share your opinion? Okay.

And what if I consider Nick a sociopath? Why don't you come up with a great debate argument instead of personal attacks? I know you can do better than that.

Quote:Anyway, your views and mine are night and day, so there's little point in continuing further with any more unfriendly discussions.

Whatever floats your boat.