Grimm Forum
Goodbye - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Goodbye (/Thread-Goodbye)

Pages: 1 2 3

Goodbye - wfmyers1207 - 02-08-2016

(sigh) I have enjoyed many of the discussions we have had here on the Forum. But, of late I read very little but trolling. I'm tired of it.

I sincerely hope that all of you shall be well.

Take care always, and farewell.Sad

RE: Goodbye - speakeasy - 02-08-2016

(02-08-2016, 05:28 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: (sigh) I have enjoyed many of the discussions we have had here on the Forum. But, of late I read very little but trolling. I'm tired of it.

Sorry to hear that you are leaving the site, wfmyers1207, I feel the same about the tone of most of the posts we read here.

Please consider checking in now and then to see if things look less radical. And in the meanwhile, I'll just say so long, but not goodbye. Smile

RE: Goodbye - syscrash - 02-08-2016

Quote:(sigh) I have enjoyed many of the discussions we have had here on the Forum. But, of late I read very little but trolling. I'm tired of it.

The hate is frustrating. Especially when they are arguing about something the show isn't. It is one thing to feel the Nick and Adalind is uncomfortable. It is another to see moral outrage for something the show never meant to be outrages. Risky yes but not offensive.
That the haters go on and on. Just ignore them

RE: Goodbye - grimmfan14 - 02-08-2016

I haven't been here long but I'm sorry to see you go! The intensity of people raging against the show is getting a little out of hand - it's really unnecessary to post how much you hate everything. Then don't watch, and stop ruining it for those who do want to watch! And making people feel like criminals for supporting Nick and Adalind, or anything about the show, is way over the line. I'm with you, the tone kind of stinks. But still, I hope that people will relax and that you'll feel the desire to keep posting!

RE: Goodbye - Grimmbiest11 - 02-09-2016

Haven't been around here for a long time but I guess I know how you feel. Someone here once said shipping Nick and Adalind means validating rape. Not only is this untrue but its an insensitive presumption. It's not fair to project personal real life frustrations on a fictitious TV show. Yeah things can get intense here. I try not to take it personal because it's just a TV show with fictional characters.
Personally when I don't like the direction a TV show is taking I just quit watching. There are many other shows to watch tbh

RE: Goodbye - jsgrimm45 - 02-09-2016

I for one hope you change your mind. If not best wishes.

RE: Goodbye - Hexenadler - 02-09-2016

(02-09-2016, 02:44 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Haven't been around here for a long time but I guess I know how you feel. Someone here once said shipping Nick and Adalind means validating rape. Not only is this untrue but its an insensitive presumption. It's not fair to project personal real life frustrations on a fictitious TV show.

I'm not sure where you make the "personal real life frustrations" connection. It's more of an ethical problem than a personal one. If it's insensitive, the writers probably shouldn't have gone there in the first place.

I've heard the "it's just a TV show" argument before on many other forums, and honestly I think it's wearing a bit thin. Yes, GRIMM is "just a TV show," no more than "Star Trek" was just a TV show, but that still didn't stop millions of fans from growing to care about what happens to the characters. So, when someone DOES start to act inconsistently or ignore previous plot turns in the past purely because of bad writing, it's painful.

GRIMM is a show I've come to enjoy purely because of its basic premise, combined with a share of good actors and decent characterization. I keep watching the series because I want to see how the writers will utilize that premise. But I should mention that I've gotten into the habit of reading reviews before actually watching an episode, as I feel the writers have taken the characters into a very silly, and - IMO - a very depressing direction.

RE: Goodbye - New Guy - 02-09-2016

Hello WF,
I hope you are reading these posts. I agree with the other Forum writers that it has been enjoyable to read your posts and debate with you.
Thank you for your military service. I have seen others share about their service and all of you deserve our respect and gratitude.
I wish you the best and hope the next time you are enjoying a Skyline Three Way you will think about your buddies at Grimm Forum. You will be missed and I hope you will be back again.
Yours truly,
New Guy

RE: Goodbye - syscrash - 02-09-2016

Quote:I've heard the "it's just a TV show" argument before on many other forums, and honestly I think it's wearing a bit thin. Yes, GRIMM is "just a TV show," no more than "Star Trek" was just a TV show, but that still didn't stop millions of fans from growing to care about what happens to the characters. So, when someone DOES start to act inconsistently or ignore previous plot turns in the past purely because of bad writing, it's painful.

It is one thing to care about the characters. The fact that Nick and Adalind make people uncomfortable is expected and what the writers wanted. We all wonder if Nick will be able to work with Eve because of his mother, was the concern the writers are raising.

The idea that going down this path or how the writers set the situations. Is a reflection on moral attitudes, or shows the show is not PC or insensitive. Is the part that many are frustrated with. Every supernatural action show out there has some morally questionable act in it. In Arrow Malcom brainwashed his daughter had her kill her best friend, Then stabbed her dead. Only to have Oliver resurrect her using the lassorious pit. Now they are all kumbaya happy and working together. Flash is the same. Fringe the main character experimented on kids. The main one being Olivia now even with this knowledge continues to take part in his crazy plans. Legends of tomorrow has two criminals on the team. These shows where never meant to provide a moral lesson or moral guide lines. They are entertainment.

RE: Goodbye - speakeasy - 02-09-2016

Removed