Grimm Forum
Film work, acting, script? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Film work, acting, script? (/Thread-Film-work-acting-script)

Pages: 1 2

Film work, acting, script? - Mariea Hughes - 02-02-2016

What is going on?

Was there a budget cut between the last episode and tonight's?

RE: Film work, acting, script? - Mariea Hughes - 02-02-2016

So no one has noticed the difference in quality on this episode?

Camera work all over the place. Acting very stiff. Lighting ? Can't see the characters very well.

I haven't suddenly became a critic lol. I never notice this stuff usually

RE: Film work, acting, script? - izzy - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 10:31 PM)Mariea Hughes Wrote: So no one has noticed the difference in quality on this episode?

Camera work all over the place. Acting very stiff. Lighting ? Can't see the characters very well.

I haven't suddenly became a critic lol. I never notice this stuff usually

I agree on all counts - but on the stiff acting, in all fairness, Bitise had some screen time, and has the unique ability of even making seconds pass like hours.

RE: Film work, acting, script? - Rolla_dan - 02-03-2016

I noticed this last night. And it really got on my nerves. Why change it so late in the series.
Please change it back.

RE: Film work, acting, script? - Mariea Hughes - 02-03-2016

I absolutely love Grim. But this made it really hard to pay attention.

RE: Film work, acting, script? - maisie2 - 02-03-2016

(02-02-2016, 06:57 PM)Mariea Hughes Wrote: What is going on?

Was there a budget cut between the last episode and tonight's?

Hi, I sought out and joined the forum for this specific reason. I thought "is this just me or has someone from a shonky soap opera taken over here?" It's so distracting. Grimm was brilliant. Now I don't know how long I can stick with it.

RE: Film work, acting, script? - Mariea Hughes - 02-03-2016

That's why I joined Maisie. Couldn't find anything on google searches.

Went from good quality to, as you say, cheap soap opera quality

RE: Film work, acting, script? - speakeasy - 02-03-2016

I enjoyed the episode, but I've often mentioned here that I was going to rewatch some episodes wearing night vision glasses. This episode was one of the darkest, in content and in visuals, of any of the series so far. Let's hope things brighten up this week.

RE: Film work, acting, script? - wfmyers1207 - 02-03-2016

Yeah, they seemed to be going for an almost noir atmosphere in this episode. Or, perhaps cinema verite. I didn't mind it, so long as they don't do it to often. Tongue

RE: Film work, acting, script? - smalldridgebird - 02-03-2016

Hey I too have searched online today after watching the new episode. It felt all shaky and a bit all over the place. I thought it was me being tired so I had to re-watch a bit of it today and it is still shocking! I love this series it's been one of my favs and to ruin it now is not fair. Come on, someone put it back, PLEASE! Dodgy