Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 09:23 PM)Juliette Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 08:47 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't see them as all that complicated. Neither one has a genuine interest in the other. Their commonality seems to be baby Kelly and sleeping together. I'm not being sarcastic here, that's all I really see them as having in common.

This is exactly what I think. The only common thing Nick and Adalind have together is Baby Kelly. It seems to glue the two together it is forced and somehow not right. Just because Nick and Adalind have a child together, doesn't mean they need to be in a relationship.

Nick sees Diana who he believes his mother died protecting as important and wants to part of her life. Both Nick and Adalind made mistakes in their lives so their mothers ended up dead. Both lost their dads as children. Many tragedies in their lives they have in common.

Nick reaction to the suffering for season 4 was to want more control over his homelife. Nick the Grimm thought this is how to protect his family. Nick was worried his son would end up without his parents like Trubel and himself (see picture below).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211176752767552&set=a.1094230568871.15030.1619767990&type=3&theater

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 11:06 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 08:47 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't see them as all that complicated. Neither one has a genuine interest in the other. Their commonality seems to be baby Kelly and sleeping together. I'm not being sarcastic here, that's all I really see them as having in common.

This is exactly what I think. The only common thing Nick and Adalind have together is Baby Kelly. It seems to glue the two together it is forced and somehow not right. Just because Nick and Adalind have a child together, doesn't mean they need to be in a relationship.

Nick sees Diana who he believes his mother died protecting as important and wants to part of her life. Both Nick and Adalind made mistakes in their lives so their mothers ended up dead. Both lost their dads as children. Many tragedies in their lives they have in common.

Nick reaction to the suffering for season 4 was to want more control over his homelife. Nick the Grimm thought this is how to protect his family. Nick was worried his son would end up without his parents like Trubel and himself (see picture below).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211176752767552&set=a.1094230568871.15030.1619767990&type=3&theater
It's true they have quite a bit in common besides baby Kelly.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 04-11-2017

(04-10-2017, 11:06 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

Okay, so we have baby Kelly, sleeping together, and some tragedies. I'm sure there are more tragedies, but here's what I've come up with. Nick lost his aunt. Adalind was involved in that one. Adalind lost her hexenbiest. Nick was involved in that one. Adalind lost Diana. Nick was involved in that one. Nick lost his mother. Adalind was involved in that one. Nick lost his Grimm. Adalind was involved in that one. The only thing either one of them ever gained out of the relationship was baby Kelly and even that is a very gray area for these two.

Again, I'm not being sarcastic. I just don't see anything that led to me to believe that this is somehow a complex relationship with involving two people who have so much in common.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Purity - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 04:45 AM)irukandji Wrote: Okay, so we have baby Kelly, sleeping together, and some tragedies. I'm sure there are more tragedies, but here's what I've come up with. Nick lost his aunt. Adalind was involved in that one. Adalind lost her hexenbiest. Nick was involved in that one. Adalind lost Diana. Nick was involved in that one. Nick lost his mother. Adalind was involved in that one. Nick lost his Grimm. Adalind was involved in that one. The only thing either one of them ever gained out of the relationship was baby Kelly and even that is a very gray area for these two.

Again, I'm not being sarcastic. I just don't see anything that led to me to believe that this is somehow a complex relationship with involving two people who have so much in common.

I do not agree with some of the sentences. The past actions are very debatable on who really is to be blamed.

Nick lost his aunt - Not Adalind nor Renard were involved in the death of his aunt. She was already dieing. The Grimm reapers fight may have just speedened up her death. Yes Adalind tried to kill her by order of Renard, but did not succeed. I do not see how not succeding killed Aunt Marie.

Adalind lost Diana - Renard was more involved and Renard was the reason. He gave the final go ahead for Diana to be taken. Nick simply adviced him. If Renard had said no, and decided to protect the child himself with Adalind. Nick and others would have had a plan B. Nick understood it was not his call to make but Renards.

Nick lost his mother - Adalind was no where close to involved. This was Juliette all the way, pure and simple. This had Juliette written all over it.

Nick lost his Grimm - Adalind, yes Granted for good reasons so she thought. (The only one I agree on)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 04:45 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nick lost his mother. Adalind was involved in that one.

Nick blames himself for his mother's death. Adalind blame herself her mother's death. Both with very good reasons. Both love baby Kelly and care dearly about Diana which is not a gray area. Both have the same views about how to protect one's family which Nick and Juliette never agreed on. IMO Juliette/Eve or any version of her would not have led the very restricted life that Adalind leads to keep the kids safe.

Juliette/Eve's family and long term friends have not been affected by the wesen world. Juliette/Eve is completely independent person and wants to learn more about the wesen world and be a hero. IMO Juliette/Eve is a winner and Adalind is doing work for redemption for trading her daughter for getting her powers back.

(04-11-2017, 05:44 AM)Purity Wrote: Nick lost his mother - Adalind was no where close to involved. This was Juliette all the way, pure and simple. This had Juliette written all over it.

Um.....no. How do you think the royals found out about Kelly in the first place. Adalind told them. She was involved. Aside from that, I never stated Juliette was not part of it.

(04-11-2017, 06:16 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 05:44 AM)Purity Wrote: Nick lost his mother - Adalind was no where close to involved. This was Juliette all the way, pure and simple. This had Juliette written all over it.

Um.....no. How do you think the royals found out about Kelly in the first place. Adalind told them. She was involved. Aside from that, I never stated Juliette was not part of it.

Adalind did not know who had her daughter. Viktor guessed right. Adalind was tortured first before giving up information about her daughter's kidnappers.

Nick sees himself at fault for his mom's death because he knew how angry Juliette was when she burn the trailer and did not stop her from sending the email.

(04-11-2017, 06:31 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

Adalind did not know who had her daughter. Viktor guessed right. Adalind was tortured first before giving up information about her daughter's kidnappers.

Nick sees himself at fault for his mom's death because he knew how angry Juliette was when she burn the trailer and did not stop her from sending the email.

I'm not saying she was the only one involved. I'm just saying she was involved.

(04-11-2017, 06:39 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 06:31 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

I'm not saying she was the only one involved. I'm just saying she was involved.

Ken, Sean, Nick and Juliette were all involved in mama Kelly's death but not Adalind.

Yes, Adalind did do bad stuff.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Devegs - 04-11-2017

(04-10-2017, 09:10 AM)syscrash Wrote: Watching season one it shows Nick as a very romantic guy. So what happened to that Nick in season 5 and season 6.

Season 4 happened to Nick. The latter half in particular.