Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-10-2017

Nick actually started driving that detachment in Juliette when he kept what was happening to him from her. If that first night when Juliette came into Aunt Marie's trailer Nick had said, "Aunt Marie told me about people who turn into animals and it sounds crazy but I've actually been seeing it even before she told me," they could have discovered together that there's some stuff going on that's weird even for Portland. Juliette could have met Monroe in episode 2 or 3, could have known what Seigbarsts and Damonfeuers were before she had to face them and would have known to turn Adalind away when she showed up with her cat.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 07:48 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: It doesn't make sense to viewers but having watched Nick for six years straight, it was never outside of the realm of possibilities, especially if you consider that there had always been an underlying current of unspoken attraction between Nick and Adalind.

Well, the way he was looking at her bra left no doubt what Nick was thinking. But is that all there is to him, then? He's just some grunting Neanderthal who's driven by primal urges and nothing more? And what does that say of his outlook on Adalind? She's merely some object, who has no thoughts of her own, merely Nick's to command?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 08:28 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 07:48 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: It doesn't make sense to viewers but having watched Nick for six years straight, it was never outside of the realm of possibilities, especially if you consider that there had always been an underlying current of unspoken attraction between Nick and Adalind.

Well, the way he was looking at her bra left no doubt what Nick was thinking. But is that all there is to him, then? He's just some grunting Neanderthal who's driven by primal urges and nothing more? And what does that say of his outlook on Adalind? She's merely some object, who has no thoughts of her own, merely Nick's to command?
No they are not. Nick and Adalind are very complicated. What were talking about now is just one side to their relationship but certainly not the only one. There is the fact that they are naturally each other's predator they've had to overcome to get to where they are and have personally hurt one another badly but still fell in love. It's complicated but it's what works for them. It's why Eve was telling him that neither of them could go back to the beginning, that was impossible for both Nick and Eve. Neither relationship with the two women belittles the other because they are just so different.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 08:36 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 08:28 PM)irukandji Wrote:

No they are not. Nick and Adalind are very complicated. What were talking about now is just one side to their relationship but certainly not the only one. There is the fact that they are naturally each other's predator they've had to overcome to get to where they are and have personally hurt one another badly but still fell in love. It's complicated but it's what works for them. It's why Eve was telling him that neither of them could go back to the beginning, that was impossible for both Nick and Eve. Neither relationship with the two women belittles the other because they are just so different.

I don't see them as all that complicated. Neither one has a genuine interest in the other. Their commonality seems to be baby Kelly and sleeping together. I'm not being sarcastic here, that's all I really see them as having in common.

Quote:FaceInTheCrowd wrote:
Nick actually started driving that detachment in Juliette when he kept what was happening to him from her. If that first night when Juliette came into Aunt Marie's trailer Nick had said, "Aunt Marie told me about people who turn into animals and it sounds crazy but I've actually been seeing it even before she told me," they could have discovered together that there's some stuff going on that's weird even for Portland. Juliette could have met Monroe in episode 2 or 3, could have known what Seigbarsts and Damonfeuers were before she had to face them and would have known to turn Adalind away when she showed up with her cat.

I don't know why he never told her right away either. He made the decision not to get rid of her. That would seem to go hand in hand with telling her what Marie told him and what he himself experienced.

(04-10-2017, 08:47 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't see them as all that complicated. Neither one has a genuine interest in the other. Their commonality seems to be baby Kelly and sleeping together. I'm not being sarcastic here, that's all I really see them as having in common.
Then we see things differently and that's that.

(04-10-2017, 08:24 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick actually started driving that detachment in Juliette when he kept what was happening to him from her. If that first night when Juliette came into Aunt Marie's trailer Nick had said, "Aunt Marie told me about people who turn into animals and it sounds crazy but I've actually been seeing it even before she told me," they could have discovered together that there's some stuff going on that's weird even for Portland. Juliette could have met Monroe in episode 2 or 3, could have known what Seigbarsts and Damonfeuers were before she had to face them and would have known to turn Adalind away when she showed up with her cat.
Yes, Nick's dishonesty went a long way in causing a rift between them.I remember almost pulling my hair out when Adalind showed up with that stupid cat.how could Juliette know not to trust Adalind when he kept his trap shut about the hexenbiest?

I don't think this has ever been discussed but I also felt like ghost Nick driving Juliette slowly insane during the amnesia plot played a part. Instead of remembering Nick in some romantic fashion they had his ghostly apparition torment her for quite a bit before she finally came through that wretched storyline.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Juliette - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 08:47 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't see them as all that complicated. Neither one has a genuine interest in the other. Their commonality seems to be baby Kelly and sleeping together. I'm not being sarcastic here, that's all I really see them as having in common.

This is exactly what I think. The only common thing Nick and Adalind have together is Baby Kelly. It seems to glue the two together it is forced and somehow not right. Just because Nick and Adalind have a child together, doesn't mean they need to be in a relationship.

(04-10-2017, 09:23 PM)Juliette Wrote:

This is exactly what I think. The only common thing Nick and Adalind have together is Baby Kelly. It seems to glue the two together it is forced and somehow not right. Just because Nick and Adalind have a child together, doesn't mean they need to be in a relationship.
I agree about relationships generally but there's nothing forced about Nick and Adalind. After they kissed the first time at the loft, both spoke about how they've been thinking about making out for a while but they put a stop to, saying that they wouldn't go any further unless it was really about them and not something/someone else (Kelly). For years these two have harboured some rather intense feelings for one another and have had an attraction to the other. Being in close proximity just shoved them a little towards pursuing a romantic relationship. Kelly's existence is the catalyst to that romance, he's not the reason for its existence. Without Kelly, they may not have hooked up when they did but the tension, sexual and otherwise would still be there between them. It's likely that it would have been a question of time and circumstances (mama Kelly and Diana). He and Juliette had burnt their bridges so anything could have happened. Nick and Adalind would forever be linked by their shared past, baby Kelly is an unexpected gift to both of them.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Juliette - 04-10-2017

First, I need to admit when season 5 started give " Nadalind " a try but for my taste it was to soon after everything. Even the first " real " kiss to much and feelt forces. But hey taste varify and everyone have a differently opinion.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Tara - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 10:14 PM)Juliette Wrote: First, I need to admit when season 5 started give " Nadalind " a try but for my taste it was to soon after everything. Even the first " real " kiss to much and feelt forces. But hey taste varify and everyone have a differently opinion.

Honestly? ,o.O you have tried it?

(04-10-2017, 10:24 PM)Tara Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 10:14 PM)Juliette Wrote: First, I need to admit when season 5 started give " Nadalind " a try but for my taste it was to soon after everything. Even the first " real " kiss to much and feelt forces. But hey taste varify and everyone have a differently opinion.

Honestly? ,o.O you have tried it?
I can relate to that. I was willing to give Nick and Juliette a shot after she became a hexenbiest but the writers quickly relieved me of that burden.