Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 10:29 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 05:13 AM)irukandji Wrote: [quote='Tara' pid='54483' dateline='1491766346']
Did you notice that while Eve said and continued to maintain that she had no regrets, Nick could not admit to the same? I have a feeling he will always love Juliette and that's a thorn that both Nick and Adalind will be forced to bear.

Adalind didn't have any issues with Juliette this season. She didn't feel any apprehension at Nick wanting to go in the mirror to rescue her. Adalind even volunteered to go and rescue her herself. There was zero jealousy on Adalind's part this season.

I don't recall saying she was.

(04-10-2017, 05:13 AM)irukandji Wrote: [quote='Tara' pid='54483' dateline='1491766346']
Did you notice that while Eve said and continued to maintain that she had no regrets, Nick could not admit to the same? I have a feeling he will always love Juliette and that's a thorn that both Nick and Adalind will be forced to bear.

Adalind didn't have any issues with Juliette this season. She didn't feel any apprehension at Nick wanting to go in the mirror to rescue her. Adalind even volunteered to go and rescue her herself. There was zero jealousy on Adalind's part this season.

(04-10-2017, 10:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'm certainly not diminishing her.

You referred to Adalind as the runner-up.

Okay, I'll change that to Nick's second love. Better?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 10:30 AM)irukandji Wrote:

I'm just trying to understand why you think Nick's love for Juliette will be a thorn for both Nick and Adalind to bear. Adalind has shown no signs of jealously when it would've been understandable to this season so why does this apply to her?

(04-10-2017, 10:34 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:

I'm just trying to understand why you think Nick's love for Juliette will be a thorn for both Nick and Adalind to bear. Adalind has shown no signs of jealously when it would've been understandable to this season so why does this apply to her?

I don't think Nick will ever be over Juliette. It just means it's always going to be painful to him. If it's painful to him, shouldn't it be painful to her as well? Certainly Adalind is capable of understanding those events, right?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Robyn - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 10:41 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 10:34 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
I don't think Nick will ever be over Juliette. It just means it's always going to be painful to him. If it's painful to him, shouldn't it be painful to her as well? Certainly Adalind is capable of understanding those events, right?
Nick is always going to be in love with the Juliette he remembers. He loves Juliette as she is now - Juliette/Eve hybrid. And I agree, despite her insistence that she doesn’t have any regrets, Nick is going to be weighted by guilt and emotional pain until he sees for himself that Juliette is indeed happy, not just content to settle, but genuinely happy.

But Nick having those feelings should not be a threat to Adalind, and I didn’t see any indication that they were. Adalind was proactive in helping Juliette when affected by the symbols and needing a place to stay. And as far as I could tell, Juliette living at the loft did not change Nick & Adalind’s relationship and how they interacted with one another. Well, other than they probably weren’t comfortable doing it on the kitchen table with Juliette sleeping a few feet away. Tongue

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 10:41 AM)irukandji Wrote: I don't think Nick will ever be over Juliette. It just means it's always going to be painful to him. If it's painful to him, shouldn't it be painful to her as well? Certainly Adalind is capable of understanding those events, right?

Well here is a male perspective:

What did we see on the show? A woman who many had trouble believing was actually in love with the guy because of the lack of expression, warmth, and affection that was portrayed by the Juliette character on the screen. Contrast that with the Adalind portrayal. Men really, really like women who dote on them, cherish them, make them feel good about themselves and who are free with their access to boobies. Men may respect and deliberately choose a mate that is different than than, but the internal male verses the sentient one, wants a girlish type who bolsters a man's ego. Adalind has all that in spades. Nick likely will forever have a soft spot for Juliette and may love her forever but Adalind is clearly Nick's woman (as the show wrote it) an Juliette never was a woman to Nick, not even close. It is the difference between eating the salad that is good for you and a bowl of ice cream or chocolate.

Plus there it the mother-of-my-children effect. In the end, I just don't see Juliette as painful to Nick, a soft spot yes, but in many non-substantive ways, he has traded up.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-10-2017

Nick's primary emotion about Juliette through most of the series was guilt. He felt guilty about keeping secrets from her, guilty about her being endangered by Seigbarsts and Damonfeuers, having her memory wiped, being turned into a hexenbiest, etc. Even his anger over his mother's murder is tempered by the fact that the role Juliette played in it was the result of what happened to her when she helped him get his Grimm back.

Compared to Juliette, Adalind is easy to deal with. The only thing he ever did to her that he has any reason to feel guilty about is helping his mother take Diana from her, and that ended with her getting Diana back. In just about every other area of their past, she's the one who feels guilty about what she did to him and his friends.

(04-10-2017, 02:31 PM)izzy Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 10:41 AM)irukandji Wrote: I don't think Nick will ever be over Juliette. It just means it's always going to be painful to him. If it's painful to him, shouldn't it be painful to her as well? Certainly Adalind is capable of understanding those events, right?

Well here is a male perspective:

What did we see on the show? A woman who many had trouble believing was actually in love with the guy because of the lack of expression, warmth, and affection that was portrayed by the Juliette character on the screen. Contrast that with the Adalind portrayal. Men really, really like women who dote on them, cherish them, make them feel good about themselves and who are free with their access to boobies. Men may respect and deliberately choose a mate that is different than than, but the internal male verses the sentient one, wants a girlish type who bolsters a man's ego. Adalind has all that in spades. Nick likely will forever have a soft spot for Juliette and may love her forever but Adalind is clearly Nick's woman (as the show wrote it) an Juliette never was a woman to Nick, not even close. It is the difference between eating the salad that is good for you and a bowl of ice cream or chocolate.

Plus there it the mother-of-my-children effect. In the end, I just don't see Juliette as painful to Nick, a soft spot yes, but in many non-substantive ways, he has traded up.

That's not true. She was there for him when he got into trouble with the muse, she helped him when he got the zombie poison, she was nursing him when he was getting headaches before becoming a grimm. Unless she was working late, she was always there when he came home at night. The one thing we saw about Juliette that we have never seen with regard to Adalind, is she made dinner for Nick. Not only dinner, but his favorite dishes. If that's not evidence of caring for the man, I don't know what is. I didn't see a lot of evidence of a sizzling chemistry between them, but I got the impression that they were very good friends and in my opinion, there's not a better path to true love than being a friend when in need. Sometimes a loved one needs a friend, not a bedpal.

As for the mother of my children effect, there have been studies where marriages end up in trouble at the arrival of a child. You wouldn't think it would happen but guess who gets ignored when the baby comes into play? The man of the house. A baby creates untold stress on a marriage/relationship, especially if the woman vows to be the best mother possible.

Nick is a complete doofus who values being a grimm above everything else, so it probably didn't affect him in the least. I never saw Adalind dote on him, but then the doofus in him probably didn't miss that either.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 03:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: The one thing we saw about Juliette that we have never seen with regard to Adalind, is she made dinner for Nick. Not only dinner, but his favorite dishes. If that's not evidence of caring for the man, I don't know what is.

Adalind had to learn from scratch how to cook with Nick. She is doing the cooking but you are right that Juliette was a good cook who can make many types of dishes.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 04-10-2017

Nothing important for Nick. I think its Adalind , the girl of restaurants.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 03:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: That's not true. She was there for him when he got into trouble with the muse, she helped him when he got the zombie poison, she was nursing him when he was getting headaches before becoming a grimm. Unless she was working late, she was always there when he came home at night.

Nick who fell in love with Juliette loved that about Juliette. Nick the grimm did not want his future wife/mother of his children to be involved and that caused him to feel guilty and hurt their relationship. As things got more and more dangerous Juliette got more involved and it became a source of friction. Whether right or wrong, Adalind just goes along with what Nick wants. Nick the grimm cop wants his homelife to be not related to being a grimm too.

(04-10-2017, 03:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: As for the mother of my children effect, there have been studies where marriages end up in trouble at the arrival of a child. You wouldn't think it would happen but guess who gets ignored when the baby comes into play? The man of the house. A baby creates untold stress on a marriage/relationship, especially if the woman vows to be the best mother possible.

Nick and Adalind never been together without a baby so they are not missing something they never had. Except for short time that did not work out, Adalind has been a full time mother and I did not see her rushing back to work either. Nick likes watching Adalind taking care of the children.