Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 03-18-2016

the powers will be the subject of discussion between them.
Nick also afraid that she would have let him as happened with Juliette.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-18-2016

You know, I don't think Nick is really worried about Adalind becoming a hexenbiest. It seems to me he's rather indifferent on the subject of Adalind altogether. The only positive remark I've heard him say about her is she's a good mother.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-18-2016

(03-18-2016, 07:00 AM)irukandji Wrote: You know, I don't think Nick is really worried about Adalind becoming a hexenbiest. It seems to me he's rather indifferent on the subject of Adalind altogether. The only positive remark I've heard him say about her is she's a good mother.

Nick seemed impressed by her intelligence as well. Or maybe he was just horny. It's hard to tell sometimes.

I don't see Nick rejecting Adalind because she's a Hexenbiest again. Something else may drive them apart but I can't see her powers returning being the cause. It would just be too similar to what happened last season and this is supposed to be a reboot season. Adalind will most likely have Rosalee in her corner and I can see her helpling to convince Nick that Adalind has changed for good. This is ultimately a Nick/Adalind situation but she did come out and attempt to help Rosalee when Tony showed up. She could have hid in the back and waited for Tony to leave but came out anyway so I thought that showed courage.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hexenadler - 03-18-2016

I've gotta say, Juliette/Eve will REALLY look like a first class putz if Adalind manages to conquer her inner Hexenbiest.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - jsgrimm45 - 03-18-2016

(03-18-2016, 07:00 AM)irukandji Wrote: You know, I don't think Nick is really worried about Adalind becoming a hexenbiest. It seems to me he's rather indifferent on the subject of Adalind altogether. The only positive remark I've heard him say about her is she's a good mother.
They have a history and Nick could be thinking about Juliette. I see a good interplay like him picking up the fact she was off on her mother's birthday. We know he didn't handle the Juliette hexen thing to well, so he may be unsure as of now if he can really handle Adalind becoming a hexen again. At least this time he already knows she is a hexenbiest so that should help. Some have posted he got over Juliette to quick I think in TV time it is ok now for him to move on, but with Eve still around that may be harder than he thought also, his current state could be connected to that fact.

(03-18-2016, 12:15 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: They have a history and Nick could be thinking about Juliette. I see a good interplay like him picking up the fact she was off on her mother's birthday. We know he didn't handle the Juliette hexen thing to well, so he may be unsure as of now if he can really handle Adalind becoming a hexen again. At least this time he already knows she is a hexenbiest so that should help. Some have posted he got over Juliette to quick I think in TV time it is ok now for him to move on, but with Eve still around that may be harder than he thought also, his current state could be connected to that fact.

If I remember correctly, Adalind was the one who brought up her mother's birthday. Nick didn't. But for some, this would be enough. It's just not for me. It just seems to me that Nick appears very indifferent about Adalind. Oh, he's willing to have sex with her, but as far as a feeling of being comfortable enough with each other to take it to the next level, I just don't see it.

(03-18-2016, 09:44 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Nick seemed impressed by her intelligence as well. Or maybe he was just horny. It's hard to tell sometimes.

lol

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - jsgrimm45 - 03-18-2016

(03-18-2016, 12:29 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-18-2016, 12:15 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: They have a history and Nick could be thinking about Juliette. I see a good interplay like him picking up the fact she was off on her mother's birthday. We know he didn't handle the Juliette hexen thing to well, so he may be unsure as of now if he can really handle Adalind becoming a hexen again. At least this time he already knows she is a hexenbiest so that should help. Some have posted he got over Juliette to quick I think in TV time it is ok now for him to move on, but with Eve still around that may be harder than he thought also, his current state could be connected to that fact.

If I remember correctly, Adalind was the one who brought up her mother's birthday. Nick didn't. But for some, this would be enough. It's just not for me. It just seems to me that Nick appears very indifferent about Adalind. Oh, he's willing to have sex with her, but as far as a feeling of being comfortable enough with each other to take it to the next level, I just don't see it.

(03-18-2016, 09:44 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Nick seemed impressed by her intelligence as well. Or maybe he was just horny. It's hard to tell sometimes.

lol
Nick was the first to ask why she was so quiet, then she said her mother's birthday as they were putting away groceries. Then they exchange birthday days Apr 14 and June 18 as I remember it. The was a point made that the writer's had changed her birthday for Oct on her passport. So for the horoscope people the two would be compatible.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 03-18-2016

I see it as Nick is not sure what Adalind being a hexenbiest means. With Juliette it was more guilt then fear. With Adalind he fears what she might do. For five seasons Adalind has conned him and others. Even now he is not totally sure. is she sincere or is she up to something. He is currently giving her the benefit of the doubt.

(03-18-2016, 12:51 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Nick was the first to ask why she was so quiet, then she said her mother's birthday as they were putting away groceries. Then they exchange birthday days Apr 14 and June 18 as I remember it. The was a point made that the writer's had changed her birthday for Oct on her passport. So for the horoscope people the two would be compatible.

If you're a person who follows horoscopes and not the show, I guess that would do it for you. For me, however, I want details. It's not enough for me to watch whatever these two are playing at week after week. If the creative team is trying to make a connection between the two of them by having Adalind tell Nick she loves him and then quickly have sex with him, they flubbed it. Nick doesn't even want Adalind to know what he brought back from Germany, but he'll have sex with her because she offered. All the sex scene did was make Nick look like a big jerk.

Now Adalind's whining around about her hexenbiest coming back. I'm not sure why she'd do that. Nick isn't passionate about her, and seems indifferent to what she does. So why not just tell him about it and watch him remain indifferent some more.

While I never thought there was much chemistry with Juliette, I did get the impression that Nick and Juliette were friends. They could intelligently converse with one another and there seemed to be some affection between them.

With Adalind, nothing between them makes any sense. It's as though the creative team wants to go one way, then they decide to do a 180 with something different. None of it seems to be working.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-18-2016

(03-18-2016, 12:15 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
They have a history and Nick could be thinking about Juliette. I see a good interplay like him picking up the fact she was off on her mother's birthday. We know he didn't handle the Juliette hexen thing to well, so he may be unsure as of now if he can really handle Adalind becoming a hexen again. At least this time he already knows she is a hexenbiest so that should help. Some have posted he got over Juliette to quick I think in TV time it is ok now for him to move on, but with Eve still around that may be harder than he thought also, his current state could be connected to that fact.

I thought there was a little more to the revealing of birthdays than what's on the surface. Adalind has been materialistic but I think Nick sharing his birthday meant something to her. The same way Nick telling her about his day at work does. She wanted his protection at first but now it seems likes she wants his love and respect.

That reminds me. Adalind's birthday is coming up. What do you think Nick is going to get her? If the writers really want to piss people off Nick will give her the stick as a present. It might be worth it for the meltdowns alone.

But seriously, Nick may feel he has to accept Adalind as she is because of Kelly. His son is part Zauberbiest so he may feel like he would be rejecting that part of Kelly if he turns Adalind away because of her powers returning. Especially if Kelly displays some uncommon tendencies of his own. As long as she doesn't do anything nefarious and is using her powers for good, this will eventually lead to Nick appreciating Adalind for herself and not just as Kelly's mother.

I'm trying to think of this if it were the other way around. What would happen if Adalind rejected Nick for being a Grimm knowing it's possible her son may be one or at least half? Grimms are generally known as Wesen boogeymen so it wouldn't be any worse for her than it is for Nick. I think acceptance will be a huge theme in their relationship and they'll learn that they can complement each other. It won't be a smooth ride and I am definitely expecting conflict but I think this is where it will lead.