Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 06:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: Mary, she isn't going to say the show sucked.

I will say this:

If Meisner got a hold of Nick, beat the crap out of him, and decided his name would be Steve, the outcry here would be unimaginable. Totally unimaginable.

Bitsie Tulloch interprets her character differently. Feel free to interpret the show the way you want.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/grimm-video-juliette-take-over-eve/

Eve has acclimated to the Scooby Gang, formed her own attachment to them and wants to protect them too. But now Juliette is starting to bubble up below Eve's surface and it's not something Eve wants to happen. Tulloch explained to TVGuide.com that Eve, and Juliette, aren't eager for a routine because then the latter would have to deal with the guilt of all the terrible things she did before Nick (David Giuntoli) believed she had died.

Eve wants to stay focused on the task at hand -- destroying the last of Black Claw and figuring out exactly what the stick is and what it can do.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-29-2017

And like I said, she isn't going to say the show sucked or her character sucked.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 06:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: Mary, she isn't going to say the show sucked.

I will say this:

If Meisner got a hold of Nick, beat the crap out of him, and decided his name would be Steve, the outcry here would be unimaginable. Totally unimaginable.

More likely he would have Nick on his knees, wearing a dress, and calling himself Mary.

(03-29-2017, 06:40 AM)izzy Wrote:

I will say this:

More likely he would have Nick on his knees, wearing a dress, and calling himself Mary.

Yes, Izzy would have loaned Meisner the dress.

(03-29-2017, 06:24 AM)brandon Wrote: That's not for Meisner
It was Juliette who broke away from her family friends maybe because it looked like leprosy. The group's action was well, gave another direction to his life. Which Juliette could not see.

It was not Juliette who signed up for HW though. Keep in mind they kidnapped her and forced her to join them.

Meisner was a big jerk. I just wish Sean wouldn't have put him out of his misery so soon.

(03-29-2017, 06:46 AM)irukandji Wrote:
It was Juliette who broke away from her family friends maybe because it looked like leprosy. The group's action was well, gave another direction to his life. Which Juliette could not see.

It was not Juliette who signed up for HW though. Keep in mind they kidnapped her and forced her to join them.

Meisner was a big jerk. I just wish Sean wouldn't have put him out of his misery so soon.

In season 6, Eve/Juliette is making her own choices. I realize they are not choices most people would do since a normal person would run away from Nick.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 05:26 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 05:25 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 05:24 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: How Eve/Juliette is damaged?

She told Nick she hated Juliette.

She told Nick she hated the bad things that Juliette did.

[sharp exhale] Only three left.
I'll check outside the perimeter.
No, no, no.
No, hey.
We don't split up.
We stay together.
I don't want to be rescued, Nick.
I came here for a reason.
You can't take on the skull thing alone.
You have a son.
You should be thinking of him.
You're here because of me.
None of this would have ever happened to you if you hadn't met me.
So you think I wanna change that? - Yes, I do.
- Well, I don't.
A lot of bad things happened to me when all of this started.
I didn't understand it.
I was scared and angry, and I did a lot of terrible things.
Things I can never forgive Juliette for.
But I'm not Juliette anymore, Nick.
She's gone.
There may be a part of me that is like her, but it is not who I am now and it's not who I'm gonna be again.
Hi Mary and Iruk,
Grammar matters:
http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person
The transcript is [emphasis added]:
Quote:A lot of bad things happened to me when all of this started.
I didn't understand it.
I was scared and angry, and I did a lot of terrible things.
She is speaking in first person.
Quote:Things I can never forgive Juliette for.
But I'm not Juliette anymore, Nick.
FrankenEve uses first person "I" in reference to another person "Juliette."
Shall we agree that Bitsie spoke her lines as G&K wanted? She continues to claim she is "not Juliette anymore."
Note that G&K confirmed that Juliette was "indeed dead." If Juliette did in fact die then what other explanation is there but that HW indeed did a "Frankenstein" process to the corpse and produced FrankenEve?
If Juliette did indeed die, perhaps the death grip guy and Zerstörer showed up to return her to eternal damnation for the "terrible things" she did.
Better late than never. Sad
R.I.P. Grimm. The End.
N G

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 03-29-2017

Quote:And this is normal how? I don't like a lot of things I did, you don't like a lot of things you did. We didn't just decide one day to change our names because of what we did. All that is part of who we are.

For one I am sure there is not comparison to my past and yours. I went form a kid that never broke a rule. To becoming a 21 year old that found alcohol gave me a lot of courage. As a kid I was picked on and bullied. As an adult I never went anywhere without my weighted metal bat. someone mouth off or pick on me in a bar. I wait till they where on their way to their car. and swing for the fences.

As for one day waking up and making a change. For me I literally did wake up on day and change. After being resuscitated after dying and three hours of surgery. It has a way of changing you. Having a knife shoved in your chest and feeling the life leave your body does something to you. I will never forget waking up and the doctor telling me I had died and to not move or I could rip my stitches.

I understand why a lot of people do not get the Juliette character. I also understand why I identify with the character. Like Juliette I went from family oriented never breaking a law. To being a drunk that retaliated with extreme prejudice for the slightest offense. Now I am back to being accepted by family and friends. It is a journey that unless you have traveled that road you can not being to understand it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 04:57 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 09:44 AM)New Guy Wrote: FrankenEve going back to Juliette's family and friends has as much likelihood (IMO) as the neighbors learning who plotted the murders and inviting FrankenEve to the neighborhood party.
N G

Sadly, Juliette's family is just one more very important thing that the creep Meisner took from her. I am glad he died.
Hi Iruk,
When and how did he take away her family? Can you provide the names of her parents, siblings, etc?
We saw Nick's Aunt Marie and mother Kelly. We heard about his father Reed Burkhardt and his murder.
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Nick_Burkhardt
No such "family" data for Juliette:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Juliette_Silverton
Note that Monroe, Rosalee and othere are listed as "former" friends but Alicia, Briana and others are listed as friends. If intentional does that seem odd?
N G

(03-29-2017, 07:12 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:And this is normal how? I don't like a lot of things I did, you don't like a lot of things you did. We didn't just decide one day to change our names because of what we did. All that is part of who we are.

For one I am sure there is not comparison to my past and yours. I went form a kid that never broke a rule. To becoming a 21 year old that found alcohol gave me a lot of courage. As a kid I was picked on and bullied. As an adult I never went anywhere without my weighted metal bat. someone mouth off or pick on me in a bar. I wait till they where on their way to their car. and swing for the fences.

As for one day waking up and making a change. For me I literally did wake up on day and change. After being resuscitated after dying and three hours of surgery. It has a way of changing you. Having a knife shoved in your chest and feeling the life leave your body does something to you. I will never forget waking up and the doctor telling me I had died and to not move or I could rip my stitches.

I understand why a lot of people do not get the Juliette character. I also understand why I identify with the character. Like Juliette I went from family oriented never breaking a law. To being a drunk that retaliated with extreme prejudice for the slightest offense. Now I am back to being accepted by family and friends. It is a journey that unless you have traveled that road you can not being to understand it.

I get the character.............really I do. I just don't agree that Juliette readily and happily agreed to having her whole self eradicated for the robotic Eve. I don't believe it. And syscrash, your story is nothing like this. If it is, tell me what organization kidnapped you and forced you to take not only a different name but completely beat you into submission.

(03-29-2017, 06:55 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 06:46 AM)irukandji Wrote:

In season 6, Eve/Juliette is making her own choices. I realize they are not choices most people would do since a normal person would run away from Nick.

Only because super jerk Meisner was dead.