Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-25-2017

(03-25-2017, 11:36 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The only way they are not the same thing is if you have no ethics and no principles.

Nope, not even close in this case.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-25-2017

It's a good thing we're not in a relationship, then. Smile

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-25-2017

(03-25-2017, 11:53 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I guess it's a good thing we're not in a relationship, then. Smile

There are all kinds of principles. Let's say you set individual principles for yourself regarding your health because you want to feel better about yourself. You decide you're going to take vitamins everyday, get 20 minutes of exercise every day, and eat broccoli every day. Are you unethical for skipping the vitamins for two days?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-26-2017

I think that's a weird definition for "principles," but if it works for you I'll concede the point.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Chris - 03-26-2017

That's not what principles or ethics are really. Using your scenario it would have to be that you were giving someone else vitamins everyday, skipping them for two days could be a lapse, but isn't really unethical, there could be reasons you didn't do it. Unethical would be giving them something other than vitamins and saying they were vitamins, meanwhile pocketing the difference between the cost of the vitamins and the cost of the sugar pills you were giving them. That's unethical.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-26-2017

(03-26-2017, 11:32 AM)Chris Wrote: That's not what principles or ethics are really. Using your scenario it would have to be that you were giving someone else vitamins everyday, skipping them for two days could be a lapse, but isn't really unethical, there could be reasons you didn't do it. Unethical would be giving them something other than vitamins and saying they were vitamins, meanwhile pocketing the difference between the cost of the vitamins and the cost of the sugar pills you were giving them. That's unethical.

Everyone has their own set of principles. If a person decides to eat healthy, they set principles to get to that objective. If they want to be righteous, they set principles, such as refusing to lie or steal.

Adalind set a principle for herself. She no longer wanted to be subject to her hexenbiest. THAT's my opinion. Take it, leave it, disagree with it, whatever.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-26-2017

Whatever verbiage we want to use, I see no indication whatsoever that Adalind has become subject to her hexenbiest or been negatively changed by it the way she feared she would. If anything, she's turned it into a scoobie team player.

(03-26-2017, 01:44 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Whatever verbiage we want to use, I see no indication whatsoever that Adalind has become subject to her hexenbiest or been negatively changed by it the way she feared she would. If anything, she's turned it into a scoobie team player.

Well then she lied to Rosalee, is that what you're saying?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Chris - 03-26-2017

Here is the definition of the word principles: a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning: a fundamental source or basis of something.

I do not believe Adalind is being subject to her Hexenbiest nature by using it when it is necessary. She has shown no inclination to use it in any negative way, nor do I believe she will in the future. Adalind's "principle" as you call it, is not to be controlled by her inner biest. She, so far, has not been controlled by her inner biest, she has controlled it. It's kind of like owning a gun, you can use it to rob a bank, or you can use it scare off a robber. The gun itself is not the issue, it's how you use it that is the issue. So far she has done nothing wrong or unprincipled in her use of her biest powers.

(03-26-2017, 01:58 PM)Chris Wrote: She, so far, has not been controlled by her inner biest, she has controlled it.

No one said she was.