Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - jsgrimm45 - 03-25-2017

(03-25-2017, 06:58 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-25-2017, 06:55 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(03-25-2017, 06:44 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-25-2017, 05:46 AM)Tara Wrote: I don't believe it either. But that is what I say the last few days. I don't buy it. That Nick loves Adalind.

I'm with you on this one. Adalind interacted more positively with Renard last night than with Nick. It makes me wonder if she isn't going to end up with him instead.
Isn't it good that we all see the same thing and come away with a different view. I saw Sean seeing that Adalind loved Nick and it was Nick who comforted Diana that he would see her safe, before Sean. I took this to mean that now Sean knows for sure he and Adalind are done. Just my normal 2 cents.

JS, I didn't make the comment that Sean interacted more positively with Adalind because there's some kind of attraction going on between them. There wasn't. He acted the way he was supposed to act and Adalind acted the way she was supposed to act.

I'm talking about Nick here. I don't get the impression that he loves Adalind. If a man has to noodle around while a woman's patiently waiting to be told he loves her, there's something wrong. With him.
We also could take away that for the first time Nick really knows how he feels? It wouldn't be noodling around as you say if he had for the first time really looked at his feeling. We also have to remember that we don't see all things like when did Nick did Nick tell Adalind about the trip and the stick? That just popped up last episode that she knew it all, so other thing may have fell on the clipping floor.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Chris - 03-25-2017

Nick loves Adalind. He has shown it in how he acts and he has said the words. Choosing to believe it or not is up to you. He looked pretty damn sincere to me, but then I don't have a different agenda.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-25-2017

(03-25-2017, 07:09 AM)Chris Wrote: Nick loves Adalind. He has shown it in how he acts and he has said the words. Choosing to believe it or not is up to you. He looked pretty damn sincere to me, but then I don't have a different agenda.

No agenda, sorry to disappoint you, just basing my observations on the real thing. I didn't get the impression Nick loved Adalind. And I'm not alone here.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Tara - 03-25-2017

Sorry, but I don't belief it. And I repeat it already since a few days. He doesn't really show it. And the "I love you" seems to be a fake. Sorry it's like I say it already. Special since last week. For me it's seems like as Adalind is a replacement. And I don't mean it bad. But it's my opinion. Everyone have a different opinion and it's okay. But it's interesting to see how many opinion is out in the fandom.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 03-25-2017

He already told she that he loves her.She loves him so she would not go out and flirt with Sean,just because he had not told her anything before

(03-25-2017, 07:24 AM)brandon Wrote: He already told she that he loves her.She loves him so she would not go out and flirt with Sean,just because he had not told her anything before

She didn't flirt with Sean. She was simply interacting positively with him. Which is what she should do in front of the children.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Robyn - 03-25-2017

Ugh! I wish Nick had declared to Wu he’d been secretly in love with him for years - for the characters’ sake and ours. I was going to stop participating in the whole who’s Nick really in love with debate because I just don’t care anymore, but like a moth to a flame…

Nick has become jaded, and at times vengeful, but he has not matured nor is he any more proactive than day one.

He kept secrets while pursuing marriage with Juliette. He repeatedly put her in danger because he was unwilling/incapable of making an absolute commitment to either Juliette or being a Grimm. Nick, in effect, wanted to have it all and ignored the countless warnings that he couldn’t.

Believing Nick’s in love with Adalind isn’t impossible because it’s not believable they could actually move past their volatile history. It’s because there wasn’t a progression of them confronting and dealing with their past in order to move on to something more than unplanned parenting. Ignoring and pretending does not achieve resolution.

So Nick and Eve’s anticipated ‘our relationship is over, there’s no going back’ reveal and Nick and Adalind’s anticipated ‘I love you’ reveal was as flat and underwhelming as the big ‘Juliette is Eve the super weapon’ reveal. They failed because they weren’t sufficiently set up and executed to live up to the hype that preceded the reveals.

And while the characters are behaving as we’d expect if properly implemented, it’s difficult to personally invest if you’re still unsure about how/why they actually got there.

(03-25-2017, 08:00 AM)Robyn Wrote: And while the characters are behaving as we’d expect if properly implemented, it’s difficult to personally invest if you’re still unsure about how/why they actually got there.

I watched the mini-series, The Stand, for the umpteenth time last week. My biggest outrage with the series is Molly Ringwald as Frannie followed by Gary Sinise as Stu. Immediately following the plague, Frannie and Stu are traveling toward Boulder, not together, but they meet up and immedately fall in love.

As miscast as these two were, which is my biggest peeve with the series, I never had any problem ever believing that they were in love.

You hit the nail on the head, Robyn. Frannie and Stu's situation was no less dire than that of Adalind and Nick's. But the actors not only invested in their characters, but in the situation as well. I believe Adalind was invested in her situation and in her love for Nick. I just don't get that vibe from Nick. Often times he just seems oblivious to me.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Circe27 - 03-25-2017

I like Nadalind but I didn't feel like the "I love you" was this great big moment it was hyped up to be. It's kind of like Adalind and the stick, many expected drama because of it but she already knew and it was no big deal. I think Nick has been in love with Adalind because his actions and how he is with her. I feel like Adalind already knew he was in love with because of how he is with her and maybe she already felt it because she's a hexenbiest, so the words weren't needed so much. I'm surprised she said I love you, I was expecting to her to say "I know."

I'm going to bring up something else, which I feel was also left by the wayside and that's Eve's loss of her hexenbiest. I found her reaction to that puzzling. Thoughts?