Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 02:11 PM)Nicholas White Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 10:33 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 06:08 PM)Robyn Wrote: There wasn’t a scene that showed or even hinted that Adalind had sex with anyone other than Nick since conceiving Diana. I agree that if Grimm was continuing, G & K would likely have Nick suspect Kelly isn’t his in order to create woe-is-me Nick drama and damage the relationship. But in order for that to have any substance, they’d have to create a scene/flashback or have Adalind admit to something that wasn’t shown in S3 or S4.

If the writers wanted to throw a wrench in Nick/Adalind they could just as easily have her inexplicably become bad again and rediscover her Renard itch. The show has never bothered with foolproof explanations or motivations.

I thought it weird that the issue of Kelly's paternity hadn't come up, period. For one thing, Adalind showed up completely out of the blue to declare it was Nick's baby she was carrying. Most men would have demanded a paternity test in that situation. Instead, Nick says nothing because surprise, surprise, Juliette shows up just in the nick (no pun intended) of time to disrupt things. Conveniently forgotten.

When Elizabeth was making the reversal potion, she morphed into Adalind because, according to her, she felt slutty. Why make such a comment?

Just because we don't see Adalind having sex with anyone after Diana gets kidnapped doesn't mean it didn't happen. She had to get in touch with the royals before being assigned to take Nick's powers away. I can't say she didn't sleep with anyone during that time frame. It's not like going to bed with someone takes months and months. Adalind's skilled in the sexual arts. I can imagine she could make anyone go to bed with her, if she wants.

The other thing I thought was strange also involved Elizabeth. She specifically asked Rosalee for a birth control agent (I can't recall the name right off) when she's making the reverse potion. The episode made a point of Elizabeth asking Rosalee for the herb. Now according to the directions she's following, she's making the exact spell. The only difference is that Nick and Juliette must perform it in reverse. I wonder why Adalind is pregnant if Elizabeth used exactly the same spell.

Then we have the timing of the pregnancy itself, which is way off.

Finally, we have the creative team skirting around the issue of Kelly's paternity. Which, in my opinion, leaves it open for another time.

I know timeframes in series don't always adhere to real time. But I haven't seen any arguments to effectively convince me that Kelly is truly Nick's baby.

The actress and Producers/Writers already confirmed that Kelly is Nick's son. Also the only two people Adalind slept with is Renard and Nick. Not only was it not shown her sleeping with anyone else but she didn't have time to sleep with anyone else.

There wouldn't be any Paternity test going on because the writers already decided who Kelly father is. The writers wanted it to be Nick's. Regardless of how you feel the writers feel anther way.

Yeah, yeah they said all kinds of things, etc., etc. etc., on and on infinitum. They were also told they spoke with a forked tongue. Enough said.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-22-2017

I can't do this any more.

In other news, what role will Adalind play in the final battle? I hope it's a situation where her actively joining the fight will do more to protect her kids than her staying behind trying to shield them. This should be an all hands on deck situation and someone of her abilities is too valuable to just stay behind with the kids.

I'm already expecting Juliette to be significant because she's pretty much been the pusher of the plot this season. She went into the mirror first and has come face to face with the enemy. Juliette has been more relevant than Nick this season and it seems like the only reason he's involved as he is now is because she is.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-22-2017

My take from watching last week's episode is that Adalind is not going to take an active fighting role in the next two episodes.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-22-2017

I think it highly unlikely that it's going to look like Age of Ultron with everybody attacking from all sides.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 03-22-2017

I think Nick and Eve position would be in the first row to contain the enemy.
Adalind with Sean and the children in the last position.
Meisner was wrong if he thinks Nick is more vulnerable by his son.
People always struggle for what they love.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Robyn - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 02:23 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: In other news, what role will Adalind play in the final battle? I hope it's a situation where her actively joining the fight will do more to protect her kids than her staying behind trying to shield them. This should be an all hands on deck situation and someone of her abilities is too valuable to just stay behind with the kids.

I'm already expecting Juliette to be significant because she's pretty much been the pusher of the plot this season. She went into the mirror first and has come face to face with the enemy. Juliette has been more relevant than Nick this season and it seems like the only reason he's involved as he is now is because she is.

I enjoyed Adalind taking the lead in getting Renard involved, with Nick and later with Monroe & Rosalee. So yea, I’d like to see her actively involved in the fight even if only a few minutes. The spoiler about Adalind coming clean with Nick made me think she was going to talk about the ritual performed while pregnant with Diana, that it might have something to do with what’s happening now. Not sure why she was compelled to tell Nick about Rachael & Bonaparte at that moment. Maybe she’s worried Diana is innately evil, on some level, and she’ll either be drawn to it or it can easily manipulate her.

Juliette, hmmmm. I wonder if G&K’s main objective might be to reinforce the idea that Juliette is still the Eve soldier introduced in S5 even though she’s behaving more like her old self. And to drive home the fact that Juliette has no desire to reclaim her old life. If Juliette’s Hexenbiest isn’t what’s left behind when they return, it might be something crucial she took with her that wasn’t disclosed in the last episode.

Would also enjoy Diana linking the three Hexenbiests to combine their individuals strengths/skills into a single force.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-23-2017

Since this is the Adalind versus Juliette thread, I wanted to ask a question. One of the other threads talked about Adalind as a henchwoman. Juliette/Eve was also a henchwoman. I've never read any comparisons between the two women in this capacity.

Now I also want to note, before anyone does it for me, that *both* women have reformed, so this is purely a hypothetical discussion.

Who was or would have made the better henchwoman, or were both women equal in your opinion?

I wanted to talk for a moment about Adalind because I always wondered at the nonsense of the royals dumping her. I don't see an abundance of hexenbiests running around, and to get someone like that within their employ and then to dump her compares to deliberately cutting off one's nose to spite the face. These people signed their own death warrant by doing so. Wouldn't it have been better to keep her in their employ?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-23-2017

The mistake the royals made with Adalind was not dumping her, it was never gaining her loyalty in the first place. We'll never know whether she would have been successful in developing a lasting rapport with Eric, but Viktor from their first meeting did the exact opposite of what he needed to do to gain a loyal hexenbiest minion, and Kenneth was even worse.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Tara - 03-23-2017

Um, what is a henchwoman? Sorry, but my native language is not English. So I do not know all the terms.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Purity - 03-23-2017

(03-23-2017, 07:36 AM)Tara Wrote: Um, what is a henchwoman? Sorry, but my native language is not English. So I do not know all the terms.

Henchman/Henchwoman meaning:
a trusted follower : a right-hand man or
a trusted follower or supporter and especially someone who performs unpleasant or illegal tasks