Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Robyn - 03-22-2017

Quote:If the timeframe was so short from the time Adalind gave birth to Diana, slept with Nick and then took off with royals, how then can it be different once she became pregnant?

I don’t know, irukandji, there aren’t tangible facts to debate the timeline. I don’t know how many months passed from Diana’s birth to Kelly’s birth, and no one has provided a concrete timeframe based on the episodes, but I don’t think anyone can - even the writers. Nor do I think the writers have any concern about having a realistic timeline or even telling viewers whether a Grimm/Hexenbiest pregnancy has a shorter gestation period.

G&K wrote that Adalind would have the super powerful baby Diana, then realized their actor was pregnant in real life and instead of hiding it behind props or writing her character out of the storyline, chose to write her as having a child with the central character. I imagine their goal was creating a scenario that the hero has a child with his hated foe, not about making it verifiable in case viewers started counting the months.

We each latch onto elements that move us or bring about questions that need answers. Yours is the timeline and medically proven paternity. I’m still shaking my head that Nick/Adalind are presented in a committed relationship despite not having even one discussion that would open a path for that happening.

Quote:Sleep with Nick. That's very friendly expressed. She did rape him. He thought he was sleeping with his girlfriend. That's why I can't understand that there is a supposedly relationship between them.

Adalind was doing what Viktor demanded in order to see her baby - the baby Nick and his friends kidnapped. What crime/sin actually took place?

You appear to think a mother doesn’t have the right to do whatever is necessary to find her kidnapped baby. I think a mother should and would stop at nothing to find her baby. You see it as a woman committing rape. I see it as a woman forced to prostitute herself in order to find her kidnapped baby.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 04:58 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 04:48 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 04:24 AM)Tara Wrote: Sleep with Nick. That's very friendly expressed. She did rape him. He thought he was sleeping with his girlfriend. That's why I can't understand that there is a supposedly relationship between them.

In seems like many people think it is okay for people at bar to pretend to be doctors, photographer or lawyers and show certificates, web sites and business cards to prove these things. It seems like it is the person who believes it is at fault they had sex for payment for fake services since they had no money and then there is no sex crime except impersonation and stealing money. Did I missed something? Can FaceInTheCrowd fill us in? This seems like a type of sex crime to me.

Yet Adalind who wanted her kid back that is sex crime as bad as one using force and the threat of violence and drugs. Nick did not seem afraid or drugged to me so did I missed something there to? Yes, I agree this a crime but I not sure the crime is completely different from one where one partner uses complete deception for sex. Did I missed something?

Switch it around and pretend it was Renard smoking the hat to become Nick and then sleeping with Adalind.

Yes, people robbing houses have pretend to be the boyfriend (not husband) in the dark and they are usually only convicted of robbery. Many states have or until recently only counted as a sex crime if you pretending to be spouse. Why does the hat make it more of a crime?
Why is the robber less a criminal then Adalind?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Tara - 03-22-2017

Both are crimes. I do not deny that. But put the both in a alleged relationship is just wrong. Parents and Friends okay but love no. I don't buy the Nadalind relationship.

(03-22-2017, 05:16 AM)Tara Wrote: Both are crimes.

If robber cannot be convicted of a crime beyond robbery in most states that means many of us see it as a crime but it is not the way our law is practiced. Any anyone with a real law degree please anwser?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5901998/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5901998/ SVU chooses to pursue a risky "rape by fraud" case involving a con artist who poses as a college admissions director to have sex with the mothers of prospective students.

SVU seemed to do a great job in the show of how it is nearly impossible to charge or convict someone of a sex crime for this kind behavior despite years history of the person doing it repeatedly, many witness and strong evidence (videos). They had to even drop having the person on any sex crime list and everything. They only got him on personalisation. Any lawyers out there?

I don’t think real life laws, or lack of, is the issue in the Nick/Adalind/baby storyline. It’s about action, reaction, and the motivations behind them.

Adalind’s attempt on Marie was clearly her willingness to kill for personal gain. Renard is equally accountable as the behind-the-scenes mastermind.

Adalind using a potion on Hank and having sex with him is fraud and rape, and knowing that he would die again shows her willingness to kill for personal gain. And again, Renard is equally accountable as the behind-the-scenes mastermind.

Adalind using the cat-scratch spell on Juliette was pure revenge.

Adalind having sex with Nick to take his Grimm was not compelled by the same motivation as the earlier acts. She had been told Viktor had her baby, and then told she could only see her baby if she took Nick’s Grimm. Adalind did not have sex with Nick by choice. The storyline was written that the spell could only be performed via sex. If the storyline had been written that the spell required her to hold Nick’s head under water, she would have figured out a way to make that happen.

The group kidnapping a baby for their own safety is no less a crime/sin regardless of their motivation. Being labeled the good guys doesn’t change that it was an act compelled by personal gain.

For me, Renard pretending to be Nick and having sex with Adalind depends on his motivation. If it was to destroy Nick/Adalind or blackmail Adalind into working with him, etc. then yes, it’s a crime/sin. But if Nick and Adalind took Diana away from him then Renard is as justified as Adalind was in S3.

Consider - If Adalind raped Nick then it stands to reason that Eve raped Rachael. If Adalind’s motivation of getting her baby back doesn’t justify her having fraudulent sex with Nick, should Eve wanting BC information justify her having fraudulent sex with Rachael?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 06:04 AM)Robyn Wrote: Consider - If Adalind raped Nick then it stands to reason that Eve raped Rachael. If Adalind’s motivation of getting her baby back doesn’t justify her having fraudulent sex with Nick, should Eve wanting BC information justify her having fraudulent sex with Rachael?

Absolutely. I agree, Eve committed rape.

(03-22-2017, 06:45 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 06:04 AM)Robyn Wrote: Consider - If Adalind raped Nick then it stands to reason that Eve raped Rachael. If Adalind’s motivation of getting her baby back doesn’t justify her having fraudulent sex with Nick, should Eve wanting BC information justify her having fraudulent sex with Rachael?

And yet, it didn't spur a debate while Adalind's actions have been debated since the episode aired.

It makes me question what's actually being discussed. A crime/sin or good guys vs bad guys. It seems that on the show and with a large portion of the viewership, it's not so much what was done but who did it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Tara - 03-22-2017

No, I agree it's almost the same with Nick/Adalind and Juliette/Rachel but there is still a difference: Nadalind seems to be in a supposedly relationship - and the other don't have much to do with each other.

So someone want to be in in such a relationship?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 06:56 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 06:45 AM)irukandji Wrote:

And yet, it didn't spur a debate while Adalind's actions have been debated since the episode aired.

It makes me question what's actually being discussed. A crime/sin or good guys vs bad guys. It seems that on the show and with a large portion of the viewership, it's not so much what was done but who did it.

You know why it's not being discussed just as I do, Robyn. It involves Eve, who according to this forum, the majority of people despise. It also involves Rachel, and last I read, she held no high esteem either, as she was Renard's gal. Two despised people having sex. meh.

(03-22-2017, 07:02 AM)Tara Wrote:

No, I agree it's almost the same with Nick/Adalind and Juliette/Rachel but there is still a difference: Nadalind seems to be in a supposedly relationship - and the other don't have much to do with each other.

So someone want to be in in such a relationship?

Someone might not want to be in relationship with someone who has killed 54 people (Nick for example) and some them not in self-defense.