Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 02:39 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: My math is months between Henrietta & RM wedding.

It wouldn't be months because when Adalind and Nick slept together, Monroe and Rosalee were just about to get married.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 02:28 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 01:38 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: She is a liar. The whole scene with Henrietta occurred only weeks after sleeping with Nick. There was nothing during that two or three week time showed Adalind was reforming. She lied to the royals by not telling them about her pregnancy and went even further by trying to pin the pregnancy on Victor.

Adalind's scene with Henrietta had nothing to do with the royals. Why would she lie to Henrietta? Adalind's reaction after getting defeated by Juliette wasn't lying. She immediately remembered sleeping with Nick right after and she didn't try to convince Henrietta otherwise. She wouldn't have yelled out at the end of the episode if she was really trying to dupe Henrietta.

It seems like the only time you believe Adalind was telling the truth was when she said sex with Nick wasn't fun. You've highly suspected her of lying or running a con in just about every other instance. Even when we can see her thoughts. I think coming up with reasons for why Adalind says or does anything is legit is futile if you think almost everything she says or does is a lie or some type of scheme.

(03-21-2017, 02:59 PM)irukandji Wrote: [quote='MarylikesGrimm' pid='50868' dateline='1490132372']
My math is months between Henrietta & RM wedding.

It wouldn't be months because when Adalind and Nick slept together, Monroe and Rosalee were just about to get married.

It depends on when the wedding took place. Adalind didn't find out she was pregnant until seven episodes after the Christmas one. Relying on the timeline isn't something that's going to help. She didn't give birth until the season 5 premiere when she and Nick slept together in the season 3 finale and her belly had grown considerably.

(03-21-2017, 03:03 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 02:28 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 01:38 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: She is a liar. The whole scene with Henrietta occurred only weeks after sleeping with Nick. There was nothing during that two or three week time showed Adalind was reforming. She lied to the royals by not telling them about her pregnancy and went even further by trying to pin the pregnancy on Victor.

Adalind's scene with Henrietta had nothing to do with the royals. Why would she lie to Henrietta? Adalind's reaction after getting defeated by Juliette wasn't lying. She immediately remembered sleeping with Nick right after and she didn't try to convince Henrietta otherwise. She wouldn't have yelled out at the end of the episode if she was really trying to dupe Henrietta.

It seems like the only time you believe Adalind was telling the truth was when she said sex with Nick wasn't fun. You've highly suspected her of lying or running a con in just about every other instance. Even when we can see her thoughts. I think coming up with reasons for why Adalind says or does anything is legit is futile if you think almost everything she says or does is a lie or some type of scheme.

(03-21-2017, 02:59 PM)irukandji Wrote: [quote='MarylikesGrimm' pid='50868' dateline='1490132372']
My math is months between Henrietta & RM wedding.

It depends on when the wedding took place. Adalind didn't find out she was pregnant until seven episodes after the Christmas one. Relying on the timeline isn't something isn't going to help. She didn't give birth until the season 5 premiere when she and Nick slept together in the season 3 finale and her belly had grown considerably.

I'm not following your meaning.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Robyn - 03-21-2017

I can't imagine G & K putting any effort into ensuring a verifiable timeline. They wanted to incorporate the actor's pregnancy into a Nick has a child with his most hated foe storyline.

Marking the correct number of months off the calendar, when Adalind missed her first period or whether she experienced morning sickness aren't technicalities they'd bother with. All they wanted was Hexenbiest Juliette to be riled into a frenzy by Nick protecting a very pregnant Adalind who was carrying his child.

We don't know how long it would take for someone to breakdown and fracture Juliette's psyche and create the Eve persona. We don't even know what was done other than Eve's explanation of 'what they had to' because it happened behind closed doors. So Juliette's transformation into Eve isn't any more believable than Adalind having a pregnancy that doesn't span a nine-month gestation period.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 02:53 PM)Robyn Wrote: So while her love/loyalty for Nick is genuine, I don’t think Adalind would work so hard to make her relationship with Nick work if it didn’t provide the protection she needed for her children.

I think Nick being able to provide some measure of protection for Adalind and the children - not to mention the fact that Nick is the only man in Adalind's life who's ever shown himself willing to do it without some ulterior motive - is an integral part of what draws Adalind to him. But would that be terribly different if the two of them were both ordinary humans?

(03-21-2017, 03:40 PM)Robyn Wrote: I can't imagine G & K putting any effort into ensuring a verifiable timeline.

Most TV series put their effort into making their timelines as un-verifiable as they can. There are all sorts of things in any setting that can identify the date, such as wall calendars, dates on forms and data displays, etc., and most of the time these will appear on the screen without dates where they normally would be. The origin of this practice, which goes way back to the 60s, was to avoid having dates stand out when the series finished its original run and went into syndication.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 03:15 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 03:03 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [quote='irukandji' pid='50866' dateline='1490131735']
[quote='Hell Rell' pid='50864' dateline='1490128

It depends on when the wedding took place. Adalind didn't find out she was pregnant until seven episodes after the Christmas one. Relying on the timeline isn't something that's going to help. She didn't give birth until the season 5 premiere when she and Nick slept together in the season 3 finale and her belly had grown considerably.

I'm saying using the timeline to prove Nick not being the father won't help since the timeline itself can't be agreed upon. The wedding presumably took place in the spring. There wasn't much of a time lapse between the wedding and Nick getting his powers back. Yet, the episode after he gets his powers back was the Christmas one. Assuming the wedding did take place in the spring, that would cover six months alone. The problem with that is there was no way that much time passed between 4.06 and 4.07 since Josh was only there for a short time and Renard told Nick about his mother going to search for Diana. It was probably only a few days at most.

Adalind's belly grew considerably in the middle of the season because of the midseason hiatus. That's when they decided to work her pregnancy into the storyline. It was a matter of convience more than it was an adherence to the timeline. It doesn't look like it was a priority for them.

Plenty of shows ignore the timeline if it means they can add more drama. One huge example happened in A Different World. Dwayne and Whitley had their honeymoon in L.A. coincide with the riots. The problem with that was the date of their wedding displayed for everyone to see on the show itself. They had their honeymoon during the riots despite the wedding taking place after the riots. It was a result of dramatic license and them wrapping up their previous season before the riots took place. They wanted to address the riots on the show and this was their way of doing it.

(03-21-2017, 04:22 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I think Nick being able to provide some measure of protection for Adalind and the children - not to mention the fact that Nick is the only man in Adalind's life who's ever shown himself willing to do it without some ulterior motive - is an integral part of what draws Adalind to him. But would that be terribly different if the two of them were both ordinary humans?
Not at all. The only thing that occurs because of the fictional Grimm and Hexenbiest character description is that danger stems from a source that’s unfathomable in real life. I don’t see the relationship being any different if Nick was just a detective and Adalind was once connected to a criminal/nefarious group. Their difficulties and possibilities would be the same.

(03-21-2017, 04:22 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Most TV series put their effort into making their timelines as un-verifiable as they can. There are all sorts of things in any setting that can identify the date, such as wall calendars, dates on forms and data displays, etc., and most of the time these will appear on the screen without dates where they normally would be. The origin of this practice, which goes way back to the 60s, was to avoid having dates stand out when the series finished its original run and went into syndication.
Exactly. Other than meeting production/airtime schedules, creative teams focus on elements necessary for the stories.

I don't see the timeline of Adalind's pregnancy any different than the discussion about Nick selling his house and preparing the loft so quickly, and being able to afford everything. Those events occurred whether or not the show established a sufficient timeline or explained Nick's financial status.

(03-21-2017, 04:40 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 03:15 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 03:03 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [quote='irukandji' pid='50866' dateline='1490131735']
[quote='Hell Rell' pid='50864' dateline='1490128

I'm saying using the timeline to prove Nick not being the father won't help since the timeline itself can't be agreed upon. The wedding presumably took place in the spring. There wasn't much of a time lapse between the wedding and Nick getting his powers back. Yet, the episode after he gets his powers back was the Christmas one. Assuming the wedding did take place in the spring, that would cover six months alone. The problem with that is there was no way that much time passed between 4.06 and 4.07 since Josh was only there for a short time and Renard told Nick about his mother going to search for Diana. It was probably only a few days at most.

Adalind's belly grew considerably in the middle of the season because of the midseason hiatus. That's when they decided to work her pregnancy into the storyline. It was a matter of convience more than it was an adherence to the timeline. It doesn't look like it was a priority for them.

Plenty of shows ignore the timeline if it means they can add more drama. One huge example happened in A Different World. Dwayne and Whitley had their honeymoon in L.A. coincide with the riots. The problem with that was the date of their wedding displayed for everyone to see on the show itself. They had their honeymoon during the riots despite the wedding taking place after the riots. It was a result of dramatic license and them wrapping up their previous season before the riots took place. They wanted to address the riots on the show and this was their way of doing it.

While I understand what you're saying, it's my belief that the stories behind Grimm are operating within a real time format. I'm not saying the story progresses day by day, it's probably more like a week or two between episodes. If I look at Grimm from the start of the series, it progresses at an even format. I can't see why all of a sudden it would be different with Adalind's baby. And I actually could go along with your thought on the baby, except to me there's still the nagging question of whether it's really Nick's or not. Because the creative team deliberately left that open, I could see a storyarc involving Kelly's paternity *if* the series was renewed for another season.

The story of Nick and Adalind at present, is really boring in my opinion.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-21-2017

For every episode that ends with a cliffhanger, the time to the next episode is zero. This includes all the cliffhangers that precede a hiatus.

Quote:I can't see why all of a sudden it would be different with Adalind's baby. And I actually could go along with your thought on the baby, except to me there's still the nagging question of whether it's really Nick's or not. Because the creative team deliberately left that open, I could see a storyarc involving Kelly's paternity *if* the series was renewed for another season.
There wasn’t a scene that showed or even hinted that Adalind had sex with anyone other than Nick since conceiving Diana. I agree that if Grimm was continuing, G & K would likely have Nick suspect Kelly isn’t his in order to create woe-is-me Nick drama and damage the relationship. But in order for that to have any substance, they’d have to create a scene/flashback or have Adalind admit to something that wasn’t shown in S3 or S4.

If the writers wanted to throw a wrench in Nick/Adalind they could just as easily have her inexplicably become bad again and rediscover her Renard itch. The show has never bothered with foolproof explanations or motivations.

Quote:The story of Nick and Adalind at present, is really boring in my opinion.

Preaching to the choir, girl. Sometimes I want to push her down just to see if I can fire her up. I'm hoping this thing after Diana will let us see an angry, scared Adalind spring into action. Not counting on it but really, really hoping.