Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 09:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: Okay. This is what I see about Adalind. There were no issues with her first pregnancy that we were made aware of.

I am suspicious of Adalind's second pregnancy. When Henrietta confirmed her pregnancy, the first thing Adalind said was she hadn't been with anyone. So either Nick was so unmemorable she completely forgot about him or she was deliberately lying in an effort to throw Henrietta off. Either way, she's a liar.

I'm not of the opinion that Adalind is so mentally ill she would forget a pregnancy, especially since she's been pregnant before and knows the symptoms.

We see flashbacks of scenes showing us what Adalind is thinking so it is not just what she is telling us.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 10:02 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 09:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: Okay. This is what I see about Adalind. There were no issues with her first pregnancy that we were made aware of.

I am suspicious of Adalind's second pregnancy. When Henrietta confirmed her pregnancy, the first thing Adalind said was she hadn't been with anyone. So either Nick was so unmemorable she completely forgot about him or she was deliberately lying in an effort to throw Henrietta off. Either way, she's a liar.

I'm not of the opinion that Adalind is so mentally ill she would forget a pregnancy, especially since she's been pregnant before and knows the symptoms.

We see flashbacks of scenes showing us what Adalind is thinking so it is not just what she is telling us.

So you are also of the opinion that she could not have possibly forgotten sex with Nick then?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 01:02 AM)syscrash Wrote: The problem with your explanation is when Adalind got in the truck. Even with the big fluffy coat and filming her only chest high. It was obvious she was showing and not just a little bit. That is why people find it absurd with Adalind acting surprised.

I always thought it would have been better if after the fight instead of using a surprise at being pregnant. They should have use being pregnant for the reason she lost the fight. They could have had the confrontation of I am having your boyfriend's baby the reason for the fight instead of waiting for the police station. It just would have made it more realistic.

Would have been interesting for Juliette to not only hit Nick with the idea she is a hexenbiest. but also he is going to have a child with Adalind. Would have given Nick even more reason to take a walk and for Juliette to leave.

I like this scenario a lot. I agree those would have been better reasons for everything that happened going forward. They could've used that as a reason for how the new Hexenbiest, despite being more powerful, beat an experienced Hexenbiest. Two women fighting over an unwanted pregnancy does come with its own problems but it's better than the confrontation at the station.

Nick leaving after finding out about the pregnancy would be seen in a better light in this scenario. I'd find that completely believable.

(03-21-2017, 10:06 AM)irukandji Wrote:

So you are also of the opinion that she could not have possibly forgotten sex with Nick then?

The main point here is what Adalind is thinking is more important than what she's saying in that scene. That's why they didn't need to have Adalind say that Nick is the father at the end of the episode. She just yelled "noooo!" because she knows and we know that Nick is the father. We were getting a peek inside her head. We would've seen some other man if Nick weren't the father.

You keep accusing her of lying. We saw her say Nick is the father and think about it so there's no one inside her head to mislead. There has been nothing on screen to suggest otherwise. It's been two years with only two episodes remaining. There's nothing to doubt.

Timelines are screwed up on shows often. House had plenty of retcons due to the timeline. Trying to figure out the timeline on Game of Thrones is a losing prospect.

Besides, there was a Christmas episode between the season 3 finale and the season 5 premiere. It's probably another goof but no reason to doubt Nick being the father. She didn't sleep with anyone else and it needs to be stated on the show if that's the case. Renard being Diana's father is more of a legitimate argument but the writers decided to make him the father despite it being of doubt in the series itself.

What scenes are we talking about where Adalind is having flashbacks?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 11:28 AM)irukandji Wrote: What scenes are we talking about where Adalind is having flashbacks?

It happens during the final scene in 4x14 where Henrietta tells Adalind she's pregnant. Adalind doesn't believe her until she thinks back to their "wild afternoon" before Monroe and Rosalee's Wedding. She yells "noooo! right after the flashes of her being with Nick leave the screen.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 03-21-2017

Hello Ladies,
Adalind did remember her "wild afternoon delight" with Nick and reminds Juliette in 4.13, "Trial by Fire":
Quote:Scene: Adalind knocks on Nick and Juliette's front door.

Juliette: What the hell do you want?
Adalind: My child. What do you think?
Juliette: I'm calling Nick. [She goes to get her phone]
Adalind: [She uses her skeleton key to unlock the door and goes in] Tell him, "Hi," for me.
Juliette: I want you out.
Adalind: I know you do. Guess I should apologize for Nick not being a Grimm anymore. But you should be thanking me for giving you a normal life.
Juliette: Is that what you think you gave me?
Adalind: I know you helped kidnap my child, and I know she's with Nick's mother.
Juliette: Then you also know that's the best place for her.
Adalind: I'm her mother. She belongs with me.
Juliette: It's never gonna happen.
Adalind: Thanks for that one-night stand with Nick, by the way. It was a real whopper.
Juliette: That's it. Get out!
Juliette reminds Adalind and Nick in 4.19, "Iron Hans":
Quote:They run into Juliette in the hallway]
Nick: Juliette...
Juliette: So it's true. You really are gonna have a baby. Well, congratulations. [She starts walking forward] I should've finished you off when I had the chance.
Adalind: Keep her away from me, Nick.
Juliette: Well, don't you two make a cute couple.
Nick: Juliette, you know how this happened.
Juliette: I sure do. Adalind told me it was a real whopper.
Would a "whopper" be memorable? Rolleyes
N G

(03-21-2017, 11:33 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 11:28 AM)irukandji Wrote: What scenes are we talking about where Adalind is having flashbacks?

It happens during the final scene in 4x14 where Henrietta tells Adalind she's pregnant. Adalind doesn't believe her until she thinks back to their "wild afternoon" before Monroe and Rosalee's Wedding. She yells "noooo! right after the flashes of her being with Nick leave the screen.

Why do you suppose she would forget sleeping with Nick?

There's also another curious thing here. Why take three pregnancy tests if flashbacks tell her she's pregnant and who the father is? Is Adalind not trusting her own memories?

(03-21-2017, 11:33 AM)New Guy Wrote:

Hello Ladies,
Adalind did remember her "wild afternoon delight" with Nick and reminds Juliette in 4.13, "Trial by Fire":
Quote:Scene: Adalind knocks on Nick and Juliette's front door.

Juliette: What the hell do you want?
Adalind: My child. What do you think?
Juliette: I'm calling Nick. [She goes to get her phone]
Adalind: [She uses her skeleton key to unlock the door and goes in] Tell him, "Hi," for me.
Juliette: I want you out.
Adalind: I know you do. Guess I should apologize for Nick not being a Grimm anymore. But you should be thanking me for giving you a normal life.
Juliette: Is that what you think you gave me?
Adalind: I know you helped kidnap my child, and I know she's with Nick's mother.
Juliette: Then you also know that's the best place for her.
Adalind: I'm her mother. She belongs with me.
Juliette: It's never gonna happen.
Adalind: Thanks for that one-night stand with Nick, by the way. It was a real whopper.
Juliette: That's it. Get out!
Juliette reminds Adalind and Nick in 4.19, "Iron Hans":
Quote:They run into Juliette in the hallway]
Nick: Juliette...
Juliette: So it's true. You really are gonna have a baby. Well, congratulations. [She starts walking forward] I should've finished you off when I had the chance.
Adalind: Keep her away from me, Nick.
Juliette: Well, don't you two make a cute couple.
Nick: Juliette, you know how this happened.
Juliette: I sure do. Adalind told me it was a real whopper.
Would a "whopper" be memorable? Rolleyes
N G

That is what makes no sense about this to me, New Guy. Adalind fought with Juliette and, by the way, she would have been pregnant at that time. She clearly remembered her night with Nick because she told Juliette it was a whopper.

Considering if she was barely pregnant when she went to see Henrietta, it would have only been maybe what? A week or two later? She tells Henrietta she hadn't been with anyone. How would she have forgotten she slept with Nick just weeks after her fight with Juliette?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-21-2017

I don't think she forgot, literally, she just put it out of her mind after the fact. I think because her true objective was always finding Diana, having sex with Nick didn't register too highly on her psyche until she was absolutely forced to, first with the Juliette confrontation and later when Henrietta told her she was pregnant.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 11:42 AM)irukandji Wrote: Considering if she was barely pregnant when she went to see Henrietta, it would have only been maybe what? A week or two later? She tells Henrietta she hadn't been with anyone. How would she have forgotten she slept with Nick just weeks after her fight with Juliette?

Well, look at the facts.

One she is a hexenbeist.

Two she is a lawyer.

Perhaps she is a habitual liar?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-21-2017

The flashback is Adalind as Juliette in bed with Nick.