Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 03-21-2017

The problem with your explanation is when Adalind got in the truck. Even with the big fluffy coat and filming her only chest high. It was obvious she was showing and not just a little bit. That is why people find it absurd with Adalind acting surprised.

I always thought it would have been better if after the fight instead of using a surprise at being pregnant. They should have use being pregnant for the reason she lost the fight. They could have had the confrontation of I am having you boy friends baby the reason for the fight instead of waiting for the police station. It just would have made it more realistic.

Would have been interesting for Juliette to not only hit Nick with the idea she is a hexenbiest. but also he is going to have a child with Adalind. Would have given Nick even more reason to take a walk and for Juliette to leave.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 01:02 AM)syscrash Wrote: The problem with your explanation is when Adalind got in the truck. Even with the big fluffy coat and filming her only chest high. It was obvious she was showing and not just a little bit. That is why people find it absurd with Adalind acting surprised.

I always thought it would have been better if after the fight instead of using a surprise at being pregnant. They should have use being pregnant for the reason she lost the fight. They could have had the confrontation of I am having you boy friends baby the reason for the fight instead of waiting for the police station. It just would have made it more realistic.

Would have been interesting for Juliette to not only hit Nick with the idea she is a hexenbiest. but also he is going to have a child with Adalind. Would have given Nick even more reason to take a walk and for Juliette to leave.

I agree that the Grimm show wanted to revealed the pregnancy after the biest fight too. The pregnancy would have affected the fight too. Maybe Grimm show believed viewers might have gotten upset despite the fact Claire real pregnancy was never endangered by the fight if they know ahead of time.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 03-21-2017

I also think the writers where worried about the objections of a physical fight with a pregnant women. Even though in hind sight it was a fight with a pregnant women. It is Juliette did not know it at the time. Another case of plausible denial. Neither women was knowingly putting the fetus in danger.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-21-2017

(03-20-2017, 06:52 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 05:37 PM)irukandji Wrote: Take the timeline. When Henrietta confirmed Adalind's pregnancy, how far along would she have been? 4 weeks? 6 weeks?

If Adalind's pregnancy followed the usual nine month human process, it could have been as long as 10-12 weeks. That's when the average woman's baby bump first appears. You'd expect her to have noticed missed periods and get morning sickness earlier than that, though. Did they ever mention any of that during her first? I don't remember.

They never did. If Adalind was having missed periods a logical alternative would be birth control. It doesn't always work but it can give a woman regularity. Since Adalind was using sex as part of her spell, it would also make sense.

(03-20-2017, 06:52 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: You'd expect her to have noticed missed periods and get morning sickness earlier than that, though.

But you can rest easy. "Nearly 30 percent of pregnant women completely skip out on any nausea," says Michele Hakakha, M.D., FACOG, an ob-gyn in Beverly Hills and author of Expecting 411. "And that's definitely something to be happy about."

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/morning-sickness/no-morning-sickness/

(03-21-2017, 12:15 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Many women have only a few periods a year so expecting these women to know they are pregnant at 6 weeks makes no sense. Women bodies have a lot of natural variation for what we are talking about and are not clocks.

I'm not talking about many women. What exactly does this have to do with Adalind?

(03-21-2017, 08:41 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 12:15 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Many women have only a few periods a year so expecting these women to know they are pregnant at 6 weeks makes no sense. Women bodies have a lot of natural variation for what we are talking about and are not clocks.

I'm not talking about many women. What exactly does this have to do with Adalind?

Why do you think someone who is having sex 2 a year would realize they are pregnant at 6 weeks?

Many TV shows have the reveal late about pregnancy to avoid work for the show.

Grimm timeline is not based on real time. Some shows are the same day and some are a month a part.

Normal healthy pregnancy can vary 5 weeks in length.

(03-21-2017, 09:02 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

Why do you think someone who is having sex 2 a year would realize they are pregnant at 6 weeks?

Grimm timeline is not based on real time. Some shows are the same day and some are a month a part.

Are you saying Adalind had sex twice a year?

(03-21-2017, 09:29 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 09:02 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

Are you saying Adalind had sex twice a year?

When pregnant or looking for Diana that is what it looked like.

Okay. This is what I see about Adalind. There were no issues with her first pregnancy that we were made aware of.

I am suspicious of Adalind's second pregnancy. When Henrietta confirmed her pregnancy, the first thing Adalind said was she hadn't been with anyone. So either Nick was so unmemorable she completely forgot about him or she was deliberately lying in an effort to throw Henrietta off. Either way, she's a liar.

I'm not of the opinion that Adalind is so mentally ill she would forget a pregnancy, especially since she's been pregnant before and knows the symptoms.