Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 04:17 PM)Kwu9888 Wrote: Kelly was also a 6 month pregnancy fro Adalind per Adalind herself

Oh, when did she state that?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Robyn - 03-20-2017

Quote:Regarding Kelly-I think it's a 9 month period. Grimm has never stated differently for babies.
Maybe I’m still not understanding the discussion. Are you debating that the show did not address that Nick should know it hasn’t been nine months since he had sex with Adalind? Or that the show is expecting us to accept an unbelievable timeline for the pregnancy to come to term?

Regardless of the presumed timeline for a Hexenbiest pregnancy, whether with a Grimm or something else, Diana was approximately ten days old when she, Adalind, and Kelly arrived at Nick’s. Adalind told Juliette she gave birth about ten days earlier.

Adalind performed the spell on Nick days later - not months later. So whether the baby is Nick’s or someone else’s, the pregnancy timeline falls short of the presumed nine months.

(03-20-2017, 04:30 PM)Robyn Wrote:
Quote:Regarding Kelly-I think it's a 9 month period. Grimm has never stated differently for babies.
Maybe I’m still not understanding the discussion. Are you debating that the show did not address that Nick should know it hasn’t been nine months since he had sex with Adalind? Or that the show is expecting us to accept an unbelievable timeline for the pregnancy to come to term?

Regardless of the presumed timeline for a Hexenbiest pregnancy, whether with a Grimm or something else, Diana was approximately ten days old when she, Adalind, and Kelly arrived at Nick’s. Adalind told Juliette she gave birth about ten days earlier.

Adalind performed the spell on Nick days later - not months later. So whether the baby is Nick’s or someone else’s, the pregnancy timeline falls short of the presumed nine months.

Adalind's pregnancy with Kelly was in question. The timeline for Kelly does not match a nine month pregnancy.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-20-2017

"Blonde Ambition" was episode #66. "The Grimm Identity" is episode #89. That's a 23 episode spread in a universe in which the summer hiatus does not exist due to the cliffhangers. Also, about a third of the episodes in S04 have cliffhanger endings that reduce the time between episodes to a few seconds.

The only clues to the passage of time in Grimm are dates that actually show up on the screen (and there are very few of those). Without them, Kelly's gestation could have been less than six months.

Time for an onscreen date hunting S04 binge watch!

(03-20-2017, 04:41 PM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind's pregnancy with Kelly was in question. The timeline for Kelly does not match a nine month pregnancy.
Okay, so it's only that the timeline isn't sufficiently close enough to nine months.

The show has neither confirmed the gestation period was accurate for a Grimm/Hexenbiest pregnancy or brought the short gestation period into question.

An assumption that the gestation period must be approximately nine months if Nick is the father, can't conclude that Nick is in fact the father.

But if you're assuming the gestation period must be nine months because the show didn't confirm differently, why are you assuming the baby can't be Nick's even though the show hasn't confirmed differently?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-20-2017

I believe Monroe and Rosalee's wedding took place in the spring. We also know there was a Christmas episode in season 4 which was episode 7. That alone would cover six months if the wedding took place in the spring. Adalind didn't give birth until the season 5 premiere. Her belly grew considerably between Highway of Tears and The Grimm Identity.

Once again, Adalind didn't sleep with anyone else after giving birth to Diana. The only other candidate would be Renard but he vehemently stated this pregnancy wasn't his doing and we have no reason to believe otherwise. I don't see why Adalind would lie to herself about Nick being the only man she slept with especially since she didn't want him to be the father.

This reminds me of another debate brought up weeks ago. There was speculation of Juliette sleeping with Meisner when there was nothing to support it. The show isn't going to keep things like this a secret especially when it can add to the drama they like so much. It would be like them keeping Juliette having sex with Renard or Kenneth a secret to be revealed at a later time. They could've easily done so but those liaisons were shown to us as they happened.

Quote:I don't see why Adalind would lie to herself about Nick being the only man she slept with especially since she didn't want him to be the father.
That's one of the events I'm relying on for justification too. Adalind had a hard time accepting she could even conceive during the spell, and was horrified that the baby was Nick's. And there wasn't anyone else in the room for her to fool by faking disbelief and horror.

As you said, was Adalind in such denial that she was deceiving herself. And one thing I've learned watching Grimm is that real life restrictions/requirements aren't incorporated into the story unless they're beneficial. So if the actor's delivery time forced the character's pregnancy to be six months or less in the story, that's just how they'd write it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 03-20-2017

That Eve had sex with Meisner would have been how to download the energies. The important thing was not to be related to anyone. Any intimate relationship could endanger the mision of H W, it would make one more vulnerable.

(03-20-2017, 05:02 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 04:41 PM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind's pregnancy with Kelly was in question. The timeline for Kelly does not match a nine month pregnancy.
Okay, so it's only that the timeline isn't sufficiently close enough to nine months.

The show has neither confirmed the gestation period was accurate for a Grimm/Hexenbiest pregnancy or brought the short gestation period into question.

An assumption that the gestation period must be approximately nine months if Nick is the father, can't conclude that Nick is in fact the father.

But if you're assuming the gestation period must be nine months because the show didn't confirm differently, why are you assuming the baby can't be Nick's even though the show hasn't confirmed differently?

Take the timeline. When Henrietta confirmed Adalind's pregnancy, how far along would she have been? 4 weeks? 6 weeks? That means at most, a 6 week time frame since she slept with Nick. Yet, consider what has all transpired during that time. Monroe and Rosalee got married, Nick lost his powers, Monroe and Rosalee were searching for a cure, Nick and Juliette were talking about the possibility of Nick remaining Grimmless, Renard gets shot and dies, Elizabeth pops in to save his life, Elizabeth is informed of the spell and must find Catherine's spell book, Elizabeth has to figure out a spell, Nick and Juliette wait until Monroe and Rosalee are attacked before deciding to reverse Adalind's spell, Juliette begins to suffer effects of the spell but doesn't tell Nick, Juliette goes to Renard, Juliette goes to Henrietta, Henrietta takes Juliette's blood and tests it, Juliette becomes a full fledged hexenbiest. Nick visits Henrietta, Adalind visits Henrietta.

I'm sure I've missed some things here.

So the question is, all of this and possibly more took place in six weeks? How?

Okay, take it a step further. When Adalind's pregnancy is confirmed, it's mid season 4. I'm estimating there are perhaps 10 episodes left before the season finale. Grimm doesn't slip ahead months, the stories progress in real time. Right away in season 5, Adalind gives birth to Kelly. So there's maybe a total elapsed time of what? 12 weeks from the time the pregnancy is confirmed until she gives birth?

The point I was trying to make here is that there has really been nothing to confirm Nick is the father. So, if the creative team decided, one fine day Adalind could come up to Nick and tell him he's not Kelly's father.

They're not going to do that now. The series is ending. But it could have been a definite possibility if the series progressed to a season 7.

The question behind this is who could be the father? I haven't a clue. I was just pointing out that it doesn't seem possible that Nick is the father. For that matter, maybe he's sterile. You have to wonder why Marie pegged him as the last of the grimms.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 01:14 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Adalind knows Nick is the father and that the point and the writers let us hear her thoughts. IMO no women would want to live with Nick if they did not have kids with them for their safety. Eve did not want to live with him for the same reason. Nick's dad died leaving his son for his safety.

My understanding you have a low opinion of Nick yet you think women would be rushing to be trapped in the fome?

Just a few thoughts, related to this in a peripheral way. Women can convince them self that they are pregnant, and start to develop all the signs even though they are not actually pregnant.

Women can convince them self that someone is the father of their child though he is not.

I am going to talk in nebulous terms here, but a man may have a vasectomy and chose not to disclose that and might elect to use a barrier method for STD protection when in a relationship. Under such conditions, after a period of time woman may convince herself that said man is the biological father of a child. And she may be able to make a very convincing argument to the point you are relatively sure she is not acting and actually believes the impossible to be the case.

I already did a post about the economics of Portland and the economic realities of why women might be interested. And as witnessed, Adalind seems to have a history of selecting men who are not positive measures in her life.

My preferred ending for Adlind is she goes and gets herself mentally healthy and lives an independent life sans a man and dedicates herself to raising healthy children. Though I would like to see a male figure in her children's lives she has a history of selecting the wrong guy, so in her case she can make do with a nightstand lover and just concentrate on the children. When they are grown and gone, she can decide then if man would enhance her life.