Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 02-06-2016

Quote:This interesting, particularly your first sentence, in light of your background.

Did you mean to write it this way perchance?

Nick had a pretty nice life for a cop.

Curious...

saying for a cop sounds like you feel he was living beyond his means. As a cop implies being a cop affords him the ability to have a nice life.
Just an observation.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 04:51 PM)izzy Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 08:53 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nick had a pretty nice life as a cop. But he threw all of that aside and latched on to this idea of being a Grimm. The fact that Renard sweetened the pot by letting Nick do whatever he damn well pleased helped too. I'm thinking Nick was under the impression that this life was never going to catch up with him because he had the protection of the police behind him.

This interesting, particularly your first sentence, in light of your background.

Curious...

People who live in glass houses......

Just as an FYI, you might want to check your spelling once in a while.

(02-06-2016, 05:42 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:This interesting, particularly your first sentence, in light of your background.

Curious...

saying for a cop sounds like you feel he was living beyond his means. As a cop implies being a cop affords him the ability to have a nice life.
Just an observation.

Thanks, syscrash.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 09:23 PM)irukandji Wrote: People who live in glass houses......

Just as an FYI, you might want to check your spelling once in a while.

Not sure I understand your response at all, my comment was not meant as a dig.

This is what I meant, outside of financial stability I never knew any LEO who described themselves as having a pretty nice life due to the pressure of the job, the shift work, the stress on the family etc.

All the nights I spent with various LEOs I know the conversation about the job itself was resoundingly negative.

So my comment about "for a cop" was a reference to the idea that the a cop's life is a bit harder than your average citizen's and just wanted to understand what you were saying.

And that is what I was curious about, what you were actually saying, and I still am not sure.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 10:03 PM)izzy Wrote: Not sure I understand your response at all, my comment was not meant as a dig.

This is what I meant, outside of financial stability I never knew any LEO who described themselves as having a pretty nice life due to the pressure of the job, the shift work, the stress on the family etc.

All the nights I spent with various LEOs I know the conversation about the job itself was resoundingly negative.

So my comment about "for a cop" was a reference to the idea that the a cop's life is a bit harder than your average citizen's and just wanted to understand what you were saying.

And that is what I was curious about, what you were actually saying, and I still am not sure.

You wrote a three sentence response:

Curious...

You never elaborated on what was interesting or why my background was being brought into it.

You then went on to ask if I meant to write, 'Nick had a pretty nice life for a cop' rather than my original statement, 'Nick had a pretty nice life as a cop'.

I never took it as a dig. I assumed you were pointing out some kind of grammatical error as a joke. I responded in kind, as a joke.

And to be equally honest, I'm still not sure what you're asking.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 10:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: You never elaborated on what was interesting or why my background was being brought into it...

...And to be equally honest, I'm still not sure what you're asking.

I was deliberately being vague so not to lead you to or influence your answer. But since this took a rather unexpected turn I'll be very plain.

Do you think cops have good lives (taking out of consideration financial stability). I am talking about quality of overall life due to what they are exposed to and the conditions they work in.

P.S. my grammar sucks and no amount of remediation steps I have attempted has satisfactorily resolved the issue.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 02-07-2016

(02-06-2016, 11:36 PM)izzy Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 10:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: You never elaborated on what was interesting or why my background was being brought into it...

...And to be equally honest, I'm still not sure what you're asking.

I was deliberately being vague so not to lead you to or influence your answer. But since this took a rather unexpected turn I'll be very plain.

Do you think cops have good lives (taking out of consideration financial stability). I am talking about quality of overall life due to what they are exposed to and the conditions they work in.

P.S. my grammar sucks and no amount of remediation steps I have attempted has satisfactorily resolved the issue.

When I wrote that answer, I wasn't thinking of cops in general, I was specifically thinking about Nick. He seemed to have a perfect balance going on. He was content with his job and his personal life was going well too. That's what I meant when I said Nick has a nice life as a cop. Nick's life as a Grimm was not so nice.

In real life, no way, no how. The police world is a constant exposure to scum and insanity, not to mention micro managing media when something goes drastically wrong. It's a terrible occupation that takes a toll. I think the only good things that really come out of it are the strength and courage of the people on the force. What would we do without them?

PS2-I am often dyslexic and still manage to miss errors after proofreading several times.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 02-07-2016

(02-07-2016, 12:13 AM)irukandji Wrote: When I wrote that answer, I wasn't thinking of cops in general, I was specifically thinking about Nick. He seemed to have a perfect balance going on. He was content with his job and his personal life was going well too. That's what I meant when I said Nick has a nice life as a cop. Nick's life as a Grimm was not so nice.

In real life, no way, no how. The police world is a constant exposure to scum and insanity, not to mention micro managing media when something goes drastically wrong. It's a terrible occupation that takes a toll. I think the only good things that really come out of it are the strength and courage of the people on the force. What would we do without them?

So we are on the same page then. That is all I was trying to figure out. I just took your comments out of the context of Nick and Grimm and had a what the furry kittens moment.

Excelsior...

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Scully1987 - 03-16-2016

At the moment I have a difficult time to watch Grimm. I have not see the „new“ episode of this week. And I honestly do not have the desire for it. :-( because I am still upset and mournful about the last episode. And I have a lot thinking about the whole "Nadalind" thing in the last days - but still I am unhappy and dissatisfied about the " rush " between them. But don't get me wrong: All I wanted was that Nick and Adalind will becoming friends - even if it was only for the baby sake. Or slowly come together.

Okay, I will try to explain where is my problem: At the end of the 4th season I was no longer the biggest Juliette fan, which I was once. I can understand why Nick and Juliette have separated - and I have to say: At first I had a hart time to accept the separation.

At the beginning I was never a big Adalind fan, but slowly I began to like her. Slowly, but really slowly after the separation between Nick and Juliette. I began to see the the chemistry between Nick and Adalind.

Do I need to mention, that I am a disappointed? I WANTED MORE from Nick (that he goes to EVE) and talk to her even for trying to talk to her and „maybe“ going into her. BUT NOTHING like that happen. Even if the both that before their difficulties, but that does the both not deserve.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - jsgrimm45 - 03-16-2016

(03-16-2016, 03:55 PM)Nadalind1987 Wrote: At the moment I have a difficult time to watch Grimm. I have not see the „new“ episode of this week. And I honestly do not have the desire for it. :-( because I am still upset and mournful about the last episode. And I have a lot thinking about the whole "Nadalind" thing in the last days - but still I am unhappy and dissatisfied about the " rush " between them. But don't get me wrong: All I wanted was that Nick and Adalind will becoming friends - even if it was only for the baby sake. Or slowly come together.

Okay, I will try to explain where is my problem: At the end of the 4th season I was no longer the biggest Juliette fan, which I was once. I can understand why Nick and Juliette have separated - and I have to say: At first I had a hart time to accept the separation.

At the beginning I was never a big Adalind fan, but slowly I began to like her. Slowly, but really slowly after the separation between Nick and Juliette. I began to see the the chemistry between Nick and Adalind.

Do I need to mention, that I am a disappointed? I WANTED MORE from Nick (that he goes to EVE) and talk to her even for trying to talk to her and „maybe“ going into her. BUT NOTHING like that happen. Even if the both that before their difficulties, but that does the both not deserve.
I don't know if this help or hurts your point I noted two thing of recent one Adalind used the L word first. But coming back for the black forest Nick first question was she and Kelly ok not was Kelly ok. In TV land of relationship offen move fast after all they have to get to the point. My one true love ask me one time why I waited until the third date to kiss her that is real life, even if I dated today I likely wouldn't kiss on the first date that shows my age group. Now I look at the world today and kissing in the first 10 mins might be ok just not me. So I think TV and movies reflect the world of today not my world. I'm ok with this like I said I don't know how this fits in your post.

It was just something I noted it took 11 episodes to get there so for today's TV was slow. Now add the Juliette thing it is still ok think 11 episode is ok. Kind of off subject I do hope Adalind tells Nick soon, I think Nick will react different this time. I also think he can forgive Adalind her past but he never can forgive Eve, so we have that in play also and I am not talking about Mom I am talking about Juliette wanting to kill and unborn child who didn't nothing to her it self.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Rotkäppchen - 03-16-2016

Didn't even think that Nick said the L word back to Adalind.

You should definitely watch the last episode Izzy. It doesn't have them mooning over one another - he tells Monroe, yes, but otherwise the only "scene" between them I think is with a phone Smile

I've read a ton of the weekly synopsis stuff and most fans are with you on the starting to like Adalind as she's different; they've warmed up to her just as RoRoe has and so forth. Now, it's going to be does she go bad to the bone (had to haha) just b/c the biest is back or will having a kid now be her saving grace/salvation to keep it at bay (the bad part of it) as she didn't have that previous - only when she was game on to get Diana back etc. She's the only one backing herself into that same corner now by not sharing with Nick that "it'ssss baaaaack" ...

and who knows the title for 22 being "The Beginning of the End" could be carry-over from 21 "Set Up" and may be about Nadalind (I cannot believe I wrote that ROFL - first time ROFL)