Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 01:22 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 01:14 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Claire Coffee is an actress. How can someone lie in their mind and their thoughts?

Because the pregnancy timeline is off.

I understand that is your view of the timeline but that does is not her view of the time line. Diana was full term at 6 months for example.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Robyn - 03-20-2017

Quote:Let me be clear that I wasn't letting the scoobies off the hook for kidnapping Diana.
If this is in response to my comment, I was only responding to FitC suggesting possible charges against Adalind. Not that it was one-sided, but that involving the court in any fashion would open up a big can of worms for everyone.

Quote:Whether there can be legal charges brought against Adalind for raping Nick or not, there's a reason the genders wouldn't be flipped on this one. A character doing a terrible thing doesn't make them a terrible character but I feel like that's the way it's being taken in a lot of cases.
Absolutely.

---------------------------

In response to be the Nick paternity debate - Isn't it really a matter of what Nick believes or choices he makes, such as not requesting definitive proof?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Grimmbiest11 - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 12:54 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 11:26 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: I always find your posts entertaining, so who do you think is this version of a woman who looks like Juliette? And why do they look alike even if they aren't the same person?
Hi GrimmBiest,
I am pleased that my posts are entertaining for you.
First, there was no coroner report and no death certificate so the real world proof of death does not exist.
Next, there are real world cases where "death" is questionable:
http://www.livescience.com/46418-clinical-death-definitions.html
The writers unconditionally confirmed Juliette "dead."
You posed some questions:
Quote:who do you think is this version of a woman who looks like Juliette?
IMO she looks like Juliette because Bitsie Tulloch is the actress. The character who calls herself "Eve" was constructed from Juliette's corpse likely in a way similar to the being constructed by Dr. Victor Shelley, Raju, Hampton and Levy from Patrick Shelley's corpse.
Quote:why do they look alike even if they aren't the same person?
As I have posted before, Juliette, Hexenette and FrankenEve are the "same person" with the same body, mind, spirit and guilt. Regardless of her physical death, coma or whatever she is guilty, she knows it but continues to insult Nick, the Scoobies and the viewers by claiming she is someone else. She cannot accept the truth and her inability to confess her heinous acts to Nick and the Scoobies makes her character all the more detestable.
IMO, the writers tried to redeem her but failed. She remains permanently infamous.
N G

Ahahahah I'm totally done with you lol. I think you should chalk it up to bad writing of the character rather than blame the character herself. The writers clearly believe what they wrote, it just doesn't convey in the same manner on screen, it leaves a lot to be desired.

(03-20-2017, 01:28 PM)Robyn Wrote: In response to be the Nick paternity debate - Isn't it really a matter of what Nick believes or choices he makes, such as not requesting definitive proof?

Nick does not need request testing. Most likely did himself the day the baby was born. Men who do not have access to a child use the court to force DNA testing but Nick has access to Kelly.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 12:54 PM)New Guy Wrote: The character who calls herself "Eve" was constructed from Juliette's corpse

Trubel told Nick that Juliette was alive when Chavez took her from the house.

I am wondering whether Eve's denial might be the result of HW's mental conditioning. Perhaps the disorientation and inability to woge we saw early in season is a "firewall" that kicks in anytime she doubts her "Eve-ness" to block the potential return of Juliette the hexenbitch.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Grimmbiest11 - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 01:28 PM)Robyn Wrote:
Quote:Let me be clear that I wasn't letting the scoobies off the hook for kidnapping Diana.
If this is in response to my comment, I was only responding to FitC suggesting possible charges against Adalind. Not that it was one-sided, but that involving the court in any fashion would open up a big can of worms for everyone.

Quote:Whether there can be legal charges brought against Adalind for raping Nick or not, there's a reason the genders wouldn't be flipped on this one. A character doing a terrible thing doesn't make them a terrible character but I feel like that's the way it's being taken in a lot of cases.
Absolutely.

In response to be the Nick paternity debate - Isn't it really a matter of what Nick believes or choices he makes, such as not requesting definitive proof?

True, fatherhood is more than a piece of paper with DNA testing results. It encompasses so much more including choices and decisions and way of life. If Nick decided that Kelly is his and went out of his way to cement that belief then he's the father.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-20-2017

Absolutely.

The discussion didn't center around what Nick believes. It actually had to do with Adalind and the timeline for her pregnancy and the possibility that baby Kelly was not Nick's.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Darlee - 03-20-2017

I actually have to agree with Irukandji regarding if Kelly is Nick child. This show has become sort of soap operish to me now. And on one soap opera that I watch with my mother the female found out that the man she hate is not the father of her child, but the men that she is currently with is. That did not make any sense because her boyfriend had a wife and hated her when she became pregnant.

(03-20-2017, 01:54 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote:

Absolutely.

True, fatherhood is more than a piece of paper with DNA testing results. It encompasses so much more including choices and decisions and way of life. If Nick decided that Kelly is his and went out of his way to cement that belief then he's the father.

Nick son is danger because he is related to a grimm Nick and not his grimm activities. If he is not related to Nick should Nick endanger him and keep away from his real father if one exist. If Kelly was Sean's son (not likely) that would backfire since Sean would want custody and it would upset Diana.

IMO a real father does not be keep other fathers from their children in most cases.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 02:05 PM)Darlee Wrote: I actually have to agree with Irukandji regarding if Kelly is Nick child. This show has become sort of soap operish to me now. And on one soap opera that I watch with my mother the female found out that the man she hate is not the father of her child, but the men that she is currently with is. That did not make any sense because her boyfriend had a wife and hated her when she became pregnant.

Was that show ending as well? I'm assuming that was used as a continuing storyline and not as a gotcha moment in the series finale.

The problem I have with these assumptions are statements such as Kelly is most likely not Nick's child or the odds of Nick being the father are pretty low. There's absolutely nothing in the show to support it. We saw what Adalind was doing in seasons 3 and 4. Who else did she sleep with? Why am I supposed believe what has been shown to me in the last two seasons is one big lie? Why didn't Adalind skip out on Nick once they thought Juliette had died since she originally went to him for protection? Nick isn't the wealthiest person in the world so there's no reason to keep him on the hook.

I truly believe this a simple case of people wanting Adalind to be a scheming bitch. It's one thing to want that but to convince themselves of that even though everything we've been shown over the last two years contradicts it is something else entirely. I have zero expectations of some convoluted gotcha moment in the final episode. Any personal anecdotes have nothing to with Adalind, her relationship with Nick, or Kelly's paternity.