Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-19-2017

Yes, I'm sure it's inevitable. Even if it does appear that Adalind and Juloette/Eve no longer see themselves in a vs situation.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-19-2017

(03-18-2017, 11:50 PM)izzy Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 11:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: But here's the issue. Suppose this baby isn't Nick's. Is a life of deception with his mother and a man who's not his father really the better alternative to being raised by a single mother? If Nick never says anything to Kelly, all fine and good. But Adalind may at one point mature and decide to tell Kelly the truth.

This has played out many times in real life. Since you are asking me, I think the best possible environment for a child is with a male and female parent. In terms of raising the child it does not matter who the biological father is, as long as their is a real dad presence (this assumes both people as parent material).

I have not seen this season except episode 1. But in season 5, Nick appeared to be a tender loving father.

Now here is something we have never discussed. It is not a secret that I am not fond of Nick's character. I think he is more or less a punk. But fatherhood can be a transformational event. I liked the Nick I saw in Season 5 with baby Kelly. If I wanted to view Nick positively it is easy to imagine him as a dufus, but one with a real soft spot for children. And given his background, he might actually suspect or know that Kelly is not his, but may chose to ignore that for the sake of the child. I have known more than one guy that did that. And Nick was adamant the child was innocent.

So yes, I think a life of deception is better for the child. especially if he adults are willing to keep up the charade once it is revealed, if indeed they did not know in the first place.

Here is an article that may be of interest to you that shows many sides of the die in play.

Who Knew I Was Not the Father?

Very interesting article. I have seen this kind of thing arising more and more on Judge Judy. Usually the man who is not the biological father actually manages to get out of child support because he was fraudulently trapped into believing he was the child's biological father. The men on Judge Judy often completely severe ties with the child. I know that can be devastating but I completely understand their position. I think a man continuing to pretend to be the father and at the same time resenting the child support he must pay would eventually devastate the situation.

In at least one of the cases on Judge Judy, the real father came back into the picture, so there were some unusual circumstances.

Kelly is very young to so the impact on him would not be devastating. But how do you think Nick would react he found out he wasn't Kelly's father? How do you think Adalind might react?

At this point, I do think that if Adalind found out Nick wasn't really Kelly's father, she'd want to tell him. But I think Nick would probably prefer not to know. He'd be the guy who burns the DNA test results and pretends he never saw them.

And I'm totally on board with the image of Nick as a doofus. He had an Elvis lamp.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 09:11 PM)irukandji Wrote: Kelly is very young to so the impact on him would not be devastating. But how do you think Nick would react he found out he wasn't Kelly's father? How do you think Adalind might react?

Many people today including people I know that their parents are not their parents and try to hide that knowledge from their parents so as to not hurt their feelings. Often even teenagers have much better of science knowledge or medical conditions that make it obvious about their parentage. Medicine is moving towards standardizing DNA testing for medical reasons and electronic records which will nearly make it impossible to hide from someone who is young that their parents are not their biological ones.

IMO Adalind would be the one who would want to leave Nick. Kelly is with Nick to protect him from Nick's enemies so if this not true why live with Nick. Adalind has to think of her children first. I think Nick could live with Adalind and Kelly leaving knowing that they would be safer but still be friends.

(03-19-2017, 09:26 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: At this point, I do think that if Adalind found out Nick wasn't really Kelly's father, she'd want to tell him. But I think Nick would probably prefer not to know. He'd be the guy who burns the DNA test results and pretends he never saw them.

And I'm totally on board with the image of Nick as a doofus. He had an Elvis lamp.

Kelly lives in danger because of Nick being the dad so Nick not wanting to know the DNA results would be selfish of Nick. Kelly's safety is the most important.

Before BC, Nick's most dangerous enemies were all people who were sicced on him by royals. Or by Sean. Adalind probably knows that, seeing as how she used to be one of them.

Based on past history, the best chance for them to have a safe and happy life together might be to kill Sean.

(03-19-2017, 09:11 PM)irukandji Wrote: Kelly is very young to so the impact on him would not be devastating. But how do you think Nick would react he found out he wasn't Kelly's father? How do you think Adalind might react?

Since I believe this may happen in next Friday show, I ask this question.

What if Nick finds out Kelly is bad type of wesen because he is the father. Grimms have avoided marriage to wesen for 2 thousand of years at least and IMO most likely had a very good reason to do this. How would Kelly's parents react?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-19-2017

The whole scenario of Nick not being the father and Adalind running a con would be a terrible idea this late in the game. That gotcha moment would waste the centuries old mystery of the stick and cloth. How the scoobies deal with the ultimate threat wouldn't matter because it would be completely overshadowed by Nick's baby mama drama. That would be the only discussion worth having so the keys, the stick, the cloth, the mystery, the battle, and the resolution would be a complete waste of time.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-19-2017

If Nick continued to love Kelly as his despite knowing the truth, the situation would be no different than what's playing on screen, Kelly's life would still be in danger because of him.

And if Kelly turned out to be a "bad seed" type of wesen, having watched Nick during the El Cuegle episode, Nick can't act any different. He'll still see Kelly as his son and try and shield him as best as he could. Nick acts on the facts presented to him in the now, not what may or may not happen. It wouldn't matter to Adalind one way or another, because Kelly is her baby and she’d protect him with her life. Could Nick and Adalind find themselves on opposite sides regarding Kelly's fate? It's still too early to tell. He just found out Diana committed murder, twice and it didn’t even register and Diana's not even his daughter.

(03-19-2017, 09:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: The whole scenario of Nick not being the father and Adalind running a con would be a terrible idea this late in the game. That gotcha moment would waste the centuries old mystery of the stick and cloth. How the scoobies deal with the ultimate threat wouldn't matter because it would be completely overshadowed by Nick's baby mama drama. That would be the only discussion worth having so the keys, the stick, the cloth, the mystery, the battle, and the resolution would be a complete waste of time.

It looks like next week we might find out what Kelly is. If Kelly was a grimm or a .5 zauberbiest IMO we would mostly likely not know that for years.

What if Nick finds out Kelly is bad type of wesen because he is the father. Grimms have avoided marriage to wesen for 2 thousand of years at least and IMO most likely had a very good reason to do this. How would Kelly's parents react? Yes, where grimms came from come could be related to the stick and the cloth. Maybe Eve/Juliette/hexenbiest would be happy she did not have a baby with Nick.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 03-19-2017

There are some post that take topics and use things in the show to try and support a theory. To me that is what the forum is for. It is when the arguments go to people injecting their on views on life and how the world works and insist that is how the show is. It is when people override intent with opinion. Like when people past judgement on a character based on what they feel is right or wrong or what they feel is moral or immoral. Even when statements in the show indicate that is not the writers intent.
The Adalind vs juliette argument is a good example.
There is the argument that Adalind raped Nick. And opinion based on some peoples view of the world and their beliefs even though it is contrary to the writers intent.
There is the argument that Juliette is responsible for Kelly's death. Even though they end the season with a definitive statement that Juliette did not know they where going to do that.
The current argument people are making now is that the show is insinuating pedophilia. Even though shows are not allowed to promote that topic.

There are also minor topics people insist on. Such as because of Kelly, Adalind has to be with Nick. Because Juliette did not say yes she was stringing Nick along. Unless characters repent and pay penance they can never be forgiven.

I respect the rights of people having their beliefs. It is when they use these beliefs to try and prove others wrong. The only thing that can prove someone or something wrong are facts. It is amazing how so many of the post sight speculations, assumptions, opinions, and beliefs as facts.