Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Grimmbiest11 - 03-19-2017

Lol you guys are being absurd, the writers came on record saying Kelly is Nick's kid. They wrote Claire's pregnancy in the series and decided to make it Nick's for the added drama. I get the need to deliberate over stuff in the show but some of it ends up being ridiculous just for the sake of fitting your own narratives.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Devegs - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 09:14 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Lol you guys are being absurd, the writers came on record saying Kelly is Nick's kid. They wrote Claire's pregnancy in the series and decided to make it Nick's for the added drama. I get the need to deliberate over stuff in the show but some of it ends up being ridiculous just for the sake of fitting your own narratives.

Lol. I concur. I mean the timeline no longer matters at this point if everyone on the show accepts it. It's a TV show and sometimes they fail at establishing real timelines. Adalind supposedly had a c-section and accoring to Nick was home the day after she gave birth. It's TV! If they say, it's so, it's the writer's prerogative. They wrote it that way. Not always true to real life.
Debates about Adalind being a serial killer, I mean come on! The show has well moved past Adalind's character being evil but you guys would rather carry on with your version of the character. There are lots of fanfic sites for those fantasies if you want to rewrite the show.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Juliette - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 09:13 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 08:57 AM)Juliette Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 01:31 AM)syscrash Wrote: Why is there a high chance of Nick not being the father? What happened on the show that led you to believe that Adalind needs to book an appearance on Maury? We've seen everything that happened with Adalind from the time she gave birth to Diana to the time Henrietta told her she was pregnant. She was running for her life, doing what Viktor told her to do, trapped in a dungeon, and returning to Portland to get to Juliette. Nothing else happened. She wasn't having casual sex.

The chances of Nick being the father are anything but low. Especially seeing that Adalind said she hadn't been with anyone else and had no reason to lie because she didn't originally intend on going to Nick. She would've told Kenneth who the father really was if anything because she was terrified of Juliette.

Because she was under magic. You can read the other posts in this topic. It would be too much to explain.

She was right to be terrified of Juliette. How the sheet can turn. Adalind played with her all the time. Juliette was the weakest member of the group: As example Sleeping with the boyfriend. Transform her into a Hexenbiest.

Are you talking about Adalind having sex while she was Juliette and that's why Nick can't be the father? Nick's sperm didn't disappear. It was still present when she transformed back into Adalind. The spell didn't magic it away. Do you think the writers are just working up to some gotcha moment regarding Kelly's paternity with two episodes left? They're not that subtle or clever.

Yes, that is that who we were talking on.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Grimmbiest11 - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 09:26 AM)Devegs Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 09:14 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Lol you guys are being absurd, the writers came on record saying Kelly is Nick's kid. They wrote Claire's pregnancy in the series and decided to make it Nick's for the added drama. I get the need to deliberate over stuff in the show but some of it ends up being ridiculous just for the sake of fitting your own narratives.

Lol. I concur. I mean the timeline no longer matters at this point if everyone on the show accepts it. It's a TV show and sometimes they fail at establishing real timelines. Adalind supposedly had a c-section and accoring to Nick was home the day after she gave birth. It's TV! If they say, it's so, it's the writer's prerogative. They wrote it that way. Not always true to real life.
Debates about Adalind being a serial killer, I mean come on! The show has well moved past Adalind's character being evil but you guys would rather carry on with your version of the character. There are lots of fanfic sites for those fantasies if you want to rewrite the show.

Yah she had a c-section and it hurts like a biatch, even laughing or sneezing is painful af when you have a c-section. But she seemed pretty okay for a person who had a fresh c section. The standard healing time for one is six weeks.
We'll go with what the writers said, it doesn't have to make sense as most of the things on the show but it is what it is.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 09:26 AM)Devegs Wrote: Lol. I concur. I mean the timeline no longer matters at this point if everyone on the show accepts it. It's a TV show and sometimes they fail at establishing real timelines. Adalind supposedly had a c-section and accoring to Nick was home the day after she gave birth. It's TV! If they say, it's so, it's the writer's prerogative. They wrote it that way. Not always true to real life.

Why are you so irritated by a lively discussion?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 03-19-2017

LOL, I really think you and many are missing the point. Some of us may enjoy the show at various levels, but some of us also believe the writing and scripting leave more than a little to be desired. So for some, we simply enjoy debating what the show would be in reality, or other plausible or even superior plot lines that could have been developed.

That is what social media is for. From my vantage it makes little sense to discuss the show as is, it is all just there, just rewatch it. But exploring other options, potential motivation you learn about other people, how they view the world, and thus grow as a person. I know I have learned so much from JellyFish and Robyn (among others) simply because they are women and I am a man. Adriano has stretched my scope of vision too. And most of it has not a darn thing to do with Grimm other then they show brought us together to express our thoughts and views of he world.

And something you and others may not be aware of, there are several spin off, private forums that serve as adjuncts to this forum. People start their own discussion groups so they feel comfortable discussing things at a more substantiative level without the usual suspects griping about what does that have to do with some aspect of the show.

So what you see here is only the tip of the iceberg. That is what social media does, you get a chance in a forum like this to express yourself and oft like minded people will reach out to you and you will the find camaraderie in a more intimate forum or private messaging. But none of that would be possible if all you did is discuss the show in the context of the script of the writers, because they scripts do not imitate real life closely enough to allow personality to emerge in discussion. It is too narrow a scope to allow for substantive free expression.

To be clear I would rather go back and forth with my Grimm forum buddies than actually watch a minute of Grimm. One had the potential to elevate me as person, the other is entertainment.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Devegs - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 03:02 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 09:26 AM)Devegs Wrote: Lol. I concur. I mean the timeline no longer matters at this point if everyone on the show accepts it. It's a TV show and sometimes they fail at establishing real timelines. Adalind supposedly had a c-section and accoring to Nick was home the day after she gave birth. It's TV! If they say, it's so, it's the writer's prerogative. They wrote it that way. Not always true to real life.

Actually, I was amused but it just keeps going on and on. But carry on. You do you.Smile
I do think you should write fan fiction though, if you don't already. There might be some looking to have Eve revert to Juliette and end up with Nick while Adalind remains an unapologetic irredeemable evil character. It might even be cathartic Big Grin

(03-19-2017, 03:32 PM)izzy Wrote: LOL, I really think you and many are missing the point. Some of us may enjoy the show at various levels, but some of us also believe the writing and scripting leave more than a little to be desired. So for some, we simply enjoy debating what the show would be in reality, or other plausible or even superior plot lines that could have been developed.

You're right. We all come here to offer our speculations, opinions and interpretation of the show and it's characters. In as much as I love the show, the reason I joined this forum was because I was often quite dissatisfied or disappointed by some of the writing or the way the characters were presented. I also love the spoilers and 'lively debates'.

I also must add, I do give the writers a lot of credit for the clever injection of humor sometimes.

(03-19-2017, 04:02 PM)Devegs Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 03:02 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Actually, I was amused but it just keeps going on and on. But carry on. You do you.Smile
I do think you should write fan fiction though, if you don't already. There might be some looking to have Eve revert to Juliette and end up with Nick while Adalind remains an unapologetic irredeemable evil character. It might even be cathartic Big Grin

I didn't mean to be offensive, I just wonder why people put down discussions. I don't write fanfiction. I actually consider it a waste of time, lol. I prefer to analyze the characters and the storylines and love reading others' perspectives.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-19-2017

A lot has to do with how people present their points. It's one thing to say, "I don't like the way they wrote this," or "suppose it turned out that..." That's the opening for a spirited discussion. But "I don't believe it's Nick's baby because Adalind is a lying, round-heeled slut," is just waving a big red flag that says, "I am a stubborn fanboy/girl who refuses to accept anythng that doesn't match up with what I wanted to see."

(03-19-2017, 04:52 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: A lot has to do with how people present their points. It's one thing to say, "I don't like the way they wrote this," or "suppose it turned out that..." That's the opening for a spirited discussion. But "I don't believe it's Nick's baby because Adalind is a lying, round-heeled slut," is just waving a big red flag that says, "I am a stubborn fanboy/girl who refuses to accept anythng that doesn't match up with what I wanted to see."

The only ones who see the red flag are those who want to see the red flag, don't you think?