Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 10:41 PM)irukandji Wrote: IMO, I think hexenbiests are a lot tougher than their female counterparts. They are for one thing, again in my opinion, fighters by nature. Because of that, there's no doubt in my mind that pregnancy would not stop a hexenbiest from fighting. If it did, Adalind wouldn't have set a toe in the police station.

Adalind is not stupid. She has to know Nick cannot protect her from Juliette. She also has to know that she might just have to fight Juliette.

There is another troubling side to Adalind. Before she gave birth to Diana, she was willing to abort Diana unless she got a hexenbiest back. I'm not saying she was going to deliberately abort Kelly, but it is something she might use to her leverage if she thought it might get Nick on her side.

I believe Juliette came to physically kick the crap out of Adalind. If it came down to physically fighting Juliette, Adalind may just use the logic that if the baby dies in the process, that's the way the dice falls.

Nick and friends have killed multiple hexenbiests during the show. Mama Kelly killed Adalind mother with little effort. Trubel was the one who took Juliette down.

I agree that evil Adalind would not have cared if Kelly died she just would have wanted it to look like Juliette was at fault.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 09:11 PM)irukandji Wrote: Wouldn't being a single mother and a working lawyer be the better alternative for Adalind?

I cannot answer this factually. Having worked with children most of my life, all I can say is I have yet to see a healthy well adjusted child raised by a single mother. And that extends to myself. But that is 100% experienced based in a community with low socio-economic demographics. I.E. none for the mothers were lawyers.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 11:13 PM)izzy Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 09:11 PM)irukandji Wrote: Wouldn't being a single mother and a working lawyer be the better alternative for Adalind?

I cannot answer this factually. Having worked with children most of my life, all I can say is I have yet to see a healthy well adjusted child raised by a single mother. And that extends to myself. But that is 100% experienced based in a community with low socio-economic demographics. I.E. none for the mothers were lawyers.

But here's the issue. Suppose this baby isn't Nick's. Is a life of deception with his mother and a man who's not his father really the better alternative to being raised by a single mother? If Nick never says anything to Kelly, all fine and good. But Adalind may at one point mature and decide to tell Kelly the truth.

(03-18-2017, 10:41 PM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind is not stupid. She has to know Nick cannot protect her from Juliette. She also has to know that she might just have to fight Juliette.

There is another troubling side to Adalind. Before she gave birth to Diana, she was willing to abort Diana unless she got a hexenbiest back. I'm not saying she was going to deliberately abort Kelly, but it is something she might use to her leverage if she thought it might get Nick on her side.

I believe Juliette came to physically kick the crap out of Adalind. If it came down to physically fighting Juliette, Adalind may just use the logic that if the baby dies in the process, that's the way the dice falls.

My little JellyFish, just reading the above makes me sick to my stomach. The thought of an innocent life being terminated so callously just sickens me. You paint a very graphic picture of Adalind's soul, one that makes her far more demonic than some boogeyman in a mirror.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 11:13 PM)izzy Wrote:

Baby Kelly is only a risk factor for evil Adalind. Wesen could threaten the baby at work to blackmail Adalind if she was acting like a traditional hexenbiest and she would be not be able work with him there. If the baby's father was not rich or a biest, why would she keep the baby anyway?

Adalind's own mother, a normal hexenbiest, did not want her after she lost her hexenbiest.

(03-18-2017, 11:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: But Adalind may at one point mature and decide to tell Kelly the truth.

A large percentage of US population DNA tests themselves. Why would Adalind need to tell a child that she lied about the father when people are figuring it out on their own.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 10:41 PM)irukandji Wrote: I believe Juliette came to physically kick the crap out of Adalind. If it came down to physically fighting Juliette, Adalind may just use the logic that if the baby dies in the process, that's the way the dice falls.

As opposed to not resisting and letting Juliette beat the crap out of and/or kill her and the baby?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Juliette - 03-18-2017

The Question is what will Nick do if he would get to know that's he is maybe not the father of Kelly.

(03-18-2017, 11:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: But here's the issue. Suppose this baby isn't Nick's. Is a life of deception with his mother and a man who's not his father really the better alternative to being raised by a single mother? If Nick never says anything to Kelly, all fine and good. But Adalind may at one point mature and decide to tell Kelly the truth.

This has played out many times in real life. Since you are asking me, I think the best possible environment for a child is with a male and female parent. In terms of raising the child it does not matter who the biological father is, as long as their is a real dad presence (this assumes both people as parent material).

I have not seen this season except episode 1. But in season 5, Nick appeared to be a tender loving father.

Now here is something we have never discussed. It is not a secret that I am not fond of Nick's character. I think he is more or less a punk. But fatherhood can be a transformational event. I liked the Nick I saw in Season 5 with baby Kelly. If I wanted to view Nick positively it is easy to imagine him as a dufus, but one with a real soft spot for children. And given his background, he might actually suspect or know that Kelly is not his, but may chose to ignore that for the sake of the child. I have known more than one guy that did that. And Nick was adamant the child was innocent.

So yes, I think a life of deception is better for the child. especially if he adults are willing to keep up the charade once it is revealed, if indeed they did not know in the first place.

Here is an article that may be of interest to you that shows many sides of the die in play.

Who Knew I Was Not the Father?

(03-18-2017, 11:48 PM)Juliette Wrote: The Question is what will Nick do if he would get to know that's he is maybe not the father of Kelly.

As a man, I tend to think it would be hard to walk away. As he said, the child is innocent. I think it would make a far better yardstick to gain the measure of the man then by killing some wesen.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-19-2017

(03-18-2017, 11:48 PM)Juliette Wrote: The Question is what will Nick do if he would get to know that's he is maybe not the father of Kelly.

Are you suggesting the father is a supernatural being like they have on the show now?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 03-19-2017

IZZY it does not even surprise me you would say "I think the best possible environment for a child is with a male and female parent.". Even though there is anecdotal proof that kids that have been raised in single and same sex house holds do perfectly well. Some refuse to move from the male female union joined by marriage is the only acceptable situation. IMO it is this point of view that are driving the desire to feel Nick must stay with Adalind for the benefit of Kelly.

As for being able to be a working mom, Adalind has showed she can work and raise Kelly. Not only does she get to take him with her. She is allowed to do some of her work at home.