Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 03-18-2017

He would have defended it even though he was not his son.He took an oath as a police officer and partly continues to keep him,although he became a " GRIMM".

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 09:31 AM)brandon Wrote: He would have defended it even though he was not his son.He took an oath as a police officer and partly continues to keep him,although he became a " GRIMM".

Whoaaaa...........no...............Nick's oath as a police officer would never come into this. I, along with a few others, know just how much that police officer's oath means to him.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-18-2017

Either way, no way Nick consents to the killing of a baby whether or not it's his and he wasn't thrilled about Adalind being the mother to what would be his first born. The baby's life trumped any injured feelings from him or Juliette. He didn't even need to be a cop to protect the baby, he became a human shield when Hexenette stepped up towards Adalind. Any normal person in that situation would have done the same thing irrespective of their feelings in the matter.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-18-2017

But the question on my mind during all of this is Adalind herself. She was no shrinking violet when she was pregnant with Diana and she was totally human during part of her pregnancy. There is no doubt in my mind that there were just as many people walking about who'd have loved to have seen her dead as during her second pregnancy. So once she decided to keep Diana, she was in no worse of a predicament than she was when she went to Nick. I understood the plan was to hook up with Viktor and have the baby declared his, but that wouldn't be the only plan Adalind would rely on. She would have had other options in order.

Also, I am a firm believer that Adalind's "oh I'm so fearful of great big bad Juliette" was more acting ability that real fear. She knew well ahead of time that Juliette was out and on the streets. So what would most people do if they were really that scared? They'd get the hell out of dodge, that would be my first guess.

But no, she dawdles around. Why? Because maybe she isn't as afraid as she pretends to be? I know no one here believes for one second that Adalind wouldn't switch to hexenbiest most to become just as fierce as Juliette if she felt her child's life was in danger.

Contrary to what many may believe, pregnancy does not turn a woman into a weakling by any means.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Devegs - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 09:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: But the question on my mind during all of this is Adalind herself. She was no shrinking violet when she was pregnant with Diana and she was totally human during part of her pregnancy. There is no doubt in my mind that there were just as many people walking about who'd have loved to have seen her dead as during her second pregnancy. So once she decided to keep Diana, she was in no worse of a predicament than she was when she went to Nick. I understood the plan was to hook up with Viktor and have the baby declared his, but that wouldn't be the only plan Adalind would rely on. She would have had other options in order.

Also, I am a firm believer that Adalind's "oh I'm so fearful of great big bad Juliette" was more acting ability that real fear. She knew well ahead of time that Juliette was out and on the streets. So what would most people do if they were really that scared? They'd get the hell out of dodge, that would be my first guess.

But no, she dawdles around. Why? Because maybe she isn't as afraid as she pretends to be? I know no one here believes for one second that Adalind wouldn't switch to hexenbiest most to become just as fierce as Juliette if she felt her child's life was in danger.

Contrary to what many may believe, pregnancy does not turn a woman into a weakling by any means.

She turned to Nick (the father of the child, as declared by the show) because G&K presented that as the only option for her at that point.
Nothing more

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 09:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: I am still suspicious that this is even Nick's baby to begin with. The timing is just way too off for me. But going with the flow, I'll ask. What would be the benefit to Adalind to declare to Nick that it's his baby?

Obviously I agree with you. I would say, in reality, the odds are low this is Nick's baby.

But to answer your question, for one, a Grimm baby. Adalind is mercenary, that might increase the market value for her child.

One the other hand here are a few facts about Portland:

Estimated median household income in 2015: $60,892
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $34,345
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $348,300

These two threads are interesting. They paint a picture of Portland as a city where their is little job opportunity and a lot of economic opportunity issues for younger people(aka Adalind's group):

http://www.city-data.com/forum/portland/2452030-so-you-want-move-portland-lol-18.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/portland/2496456-anyone-else-who-has-moved-portland.html

The odds are anyone she is knocking booties with has a cash flow problem. Adalind was unemployed. Nick has a decent paying job and health care. In my city he would be a prime target. It does not sound like Portland is any better and may be worse.

My few female friends in Portland tell me the dating scene is abysmal. Guys ride bikes, they don't have cars, so you meet them somewhere and the guys assume you are a feminist so you are always going to be buying your own dinner. Which works out because the guys tend not to have any money or decent prospects and couldn't afford dinner fro two anyways.

So in summary, the odds are Nick (of all people) might be considered a real catch in Portland after all.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-18-2017

She didn't care for Diana during the pregnancy, she cared plenty with Kelly's.

She already lost one baby, she wasn't prepared to lose another one, even to death.

With Juliette out, she knew she had no protection and was alone so she went to Nick to use him as a buffer between herself and Juliette. She had no intention to tell Nick until she felt pushed to do so. In Austria, she had Kelly, Meisner and Sean's inside man (I forgot his name) helping her escape it's not like she was by herself once she decided to keep Diana. She may not be a shrieking violet but being able to take care of herself never translated to being able to protect herself and her baby at the same time. She did the only thing she felt she had to do, whether she could've kept Juliette at bay without the royals protecting her is highly doubtful. Sean already sicced Juliette on her by giving away her address and we knew for a fact that Juliette was the more powerful hexenbiest with a vengeful streak and absolutely nothing to lose at that stage (or so she thought). Adalind had no chance of survival without appealing to someone that couldn’t turn her away even if they wanted to. Nick was her best bet.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Chris - 03-18-2017

The writers have said that Kelly is Nick's. The narrative on the show is that Kelly is Nick's child. Adalind knows Nick is his father, Nick knows he is Kelly's father. Whether or not you believe them is certainly up to you. One thing is for sure people are forever believing what they wish to believe because it fits their internal narrative better.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 03-18-2017

The situation in both pregnancies was very different. The purpose of having the first baby was to get back to being a "Hexenbiest". There are times when women decide to give it in adoption and having the baby change their mind. For me it is the same to sell it as adoption in this case-serie tv -. Renard was quick to take the step to reclaim it although he knew she had sex with Eric. Something very obvious. Adalind already experienced real pain when lost Diana.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 09:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: Also, I am a firm believer that Adalind's "oh I'm so fearful of great big bad Juliette" was more acting ability that real fear. She knew well ahead of time that Juliette was out and on the streets. So what would most people do if they were really that scared? They'd get the hell out of dodge, that would be my first guess.

I agree totally. I think Adalind is an accomplished actress it is part of her craft and probably polished via her once profession. She is probably the lawyer they used to stage prep their clients for the courtroom.

It goes back to my feelings on who is her baby's daddy. I don;t think we ever get to see the real Adalind, all we ever get to see is an actress practicing her craft (that works on so many different levels).

(03-18-2017, 09:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: Contrary to what many may believe, pregnancy does not turn a woman into a weakling by any means.

Anyone who actually studies the old west would understand the strength women possess.